PVP focused gameplay is the majority over all the other playstyles

Reaction score
    So from my understanding of the thread, and dispite my personal disdain for the mindset of the creatior, I have to agree that development focus is FUBAR and has been for around 2&1/2 years.

The basic building block of this game is...blocks. The ability to MAKE blocks is NOT streamlined, NOT fun, and NOT intuitive. This is the first hurdle that screws over "not only hardcore PvP players". - ever since they introduced the 3 factory types and replaced user-researched recipies with pre-defined recipes the crafting system has had NO depth and REALLY BAD implementation. Step 1: FIX THE BASICS. Re-implement researched/leveling recipes from Crafting 1.0 with SOME of the good things from 2.0 (like a basic this always works default recipie). THIS ALLOWS CRAFTERS TO HAVE THEIR NICHE.

The second part of the game is building ships/stations and customizing them to your personal preference. Systems 2.0 has really reach out and tried to make it easey to remove/replace/refit so that ships can be customised easily....but in doing so they have really cut the corners off the envelope instead of pushing them. Step 2: Actually fairly well implented with systems 2.0. but Fucksakes the scale is all-wrong. Needs less hard-caps, and less "tree".

The endgame is always going to be empire. Shipyards and fleets need to be actually functional for that to work. Fix them, or cut them off like the diseased gangrenous limb they are.
    Worst part of systems 2.0 for me is certain chamber setups. For instance, can't really do a proper permacloak/permajam setup because you need to spend too much on those stealth level whatever things that just act as branch points and enablers. I also don't like still needing to set options in a GUI.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm I wonder would it be better to move chambers to a computer system style thing with the possibility of remote transmission of the setup to nearby ships and stations while power simply powers those computers and other systems like normal. In this case it'd allow for multiple active reactors in a circuit while allowing for multiple chamber setups active but with higher power requirements. This way you could have a support ship in the fleet handling the chamber needs of the nearby ships or even a station doing that while the nearby ships and stations have receivers on them to tell their computers what to do for the chamber setup.

Reaction score
    hmm I wonder would it be better to move chambers to a computer system style thing with the possibility of remote transmission of the setup to nearby ships and stations while power simply powers those computers and other systems like normal. In this case it'd allow for multiple active reactors in a circuit while allowing for multiple chamber setups active but with higher power requirements. This way you could have a support ship in the fleet handling the chamber needs of the nearby ships or even a station doing that while the nearby ships and stations have receivers on them to tell their computers what to do for the chamber setup.
    IMO multi-ship stuff is basically not useful unless fleet stuff is working perfectly, and is probably way too niche and complicated to really worry about at a stage of game development where people just want to be able to shoot each other and have fun again.
    Also, my issue with chambers could just be solved by snipping out the branching points entirely and just letting me have one chamber to cloak, one to make it permanent, etc.

Reactions: Agame3