[PvP and RP] Skies of Eden StarMade Server

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Join Skies of Eden! We are a fast growing server dedicated to giving our players the best StarMade experience! We have custom events and passive mining station scripts. We will have custom NPC factions complete with lore and custom scripted interactivity. Pirates and NPCs will call for reinforcements to assist them in battles! Ships will be able to be purchased and traded by players through gold bars. Set up an intergalactic trade union or strike it out alone as a pirate! In SOE, the players get to write the lore of the galaxy with their own adventures. We are completely RP and PvP friendly and encourage all who seek thrills and adventure to join our server. Sound exciting? Join today! Our hardware is powered by The Cake Network to ensure constant uptime and smooth performance. Our server scripts are powered by the StarMade.js wrapper which is made by Benevolent27.

IP: 151.80.47.156:4242
    Discord Invite

SOE is both a PvE and PvP server. We absolutely allow for PvP, but we encourage players to have a Causus Belli (CB), which basically means a reason to declare war. This CB can be to gain territory, resources, subjugation/puppet faction etc., but factions cannot force eachother off server. Through this, we are encouraging factions to write the lore for the server itself.

As for PvE, we plan on having NPC factions and custom scripted events to make NPC factions an actual threat. We will also have PvP events where factions can compete for prizes without having to risk resources on ships (a sort of battle/events mode). Most of these will be done through custom scripting, and eventually maybe even through modding.

The goal of SOE is to be a more RP friendly server in that we encourage factions to write their own stories through PvP. We encourage trade and business as well. Eventually, we will be a modded server once StarLoader can automatically download mods from the StarMade Dock community content (to allow for easy installation and downloading of mods).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    After a while without playing starmade, I come to your server.
    See you soon in game.

Reactions: Vyvï

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Unfortunately, we are doing a server reset soon in an attempt to fix a bug that has been happening since we switched from Dev branch to Release. For some reason, factions keep losing their claimed territory regardless of their FP level, and I have no way to fix it other than resetting. If you want your stuff saved, pm an admin and we will do a sector export and carry it over to the new universe. In order to make up for this, we will be temporarily boosting mining station modifiers for a bit after the reset. The reset will most likely be sometime next week.

I try to avoid resets as much as possible but we have no choice in this situation.

Reaction score
    Hey, how's it going? I just figured I'd pop in to let you know that the current discord link is no longer valid! Looking forward to joining in on the server soon!

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hey, how's it going? I just figured I'd pop in to let you know that the current discord link is no longer valid! Looking forward to joining in on the server soon!
    Whoops, thanks for pointing that out.

I should note that the server is currently in limbo right now, and there will most likely be a server reset once StarLoader is in a workable state and put into the game. This will allow us to mod the game and put in stuff like mining and military stations as well as other things we could not do before with StarMade.js. I will put a list of these changes in the Discord in announcements. Until then, I would just sit tight, or if you want you can help create NPC assets. This also goes for everyone else on server.

In case anyone doesn't know what StarLoader is, it is an API for modding StarMade currently being worked on by JakeV and I. Once put into the game, it will allow for server owners to mod their servers, and clients will automatically download mods from community content so that players don't have to manually install them to play on a modded server. StarLoader Community Discord

Reaction score
    has this change been made yet? i was thinking about buying starmade late april / early may and was hoping to find a good server to play in, this looks like a good option

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    View attachment 58355

I noticed; you're back online...
    this may-be why nobody can log into server...
    look like retro.launcher :giggle:

also...
    I have LowMade.jar in the mods-folder... (from before v.0.202.108 when mods could be loaded (even replaced it with current version after it crashed to be safe)*)...
    and have noticed the changes to mod-loader, i.e. I cannot even enable/disable LowMade, simply crashes on initialization.
    ... the whole mod-options-menu have simply disappeared.

UPDATE: Ok I got it working...
    I can picture it, like a movie on the wall... many will not figure it out (i.e. waste time trying to figure out)... why it wont work.
    Maybe make clear post... clean installs only, sort/update/clear mods etc...
    next problem was the warp-mod, so I removed it... works now.

also... I think LowMade is having a positive on graphics from what I can tell...
    AMD R7 graphics(not the best).

and the warp-mod is like..
    View attachment 58356
    View attachment 58357
    View attachment 58358
    View attachment 58359
    kinda wonky and overly complex... guess its good if thats what going for...
    and well forget about plotting a course in the Navi-menu... set coordinates for 4, 4, 4 and landed in 0, 300, something.
    doesn't seem to work well with coordinate system.
    LowMade hasn't been updated for current starloader as far as I know, so it won't work right now. I'll pm jake and ask him to update it.
    As for the WarpSpace mod, I'm pretty sure these bugs were fixed recently, so it may be an issue with the server not automatically downloading the latest versions of mods properly. I'll try to manually put in the latest versions to see if it works.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    View attachment 58355

I noticed; you're back online...
    this may-be why nobody can log into server...
    look like retro.launcher :giggle:

also...
    I have LowMade.jar in the mods-folder... (from before v.0.202.108 when mods could be loaded (even replaced it with current version after it crashed to be safe)*)...
    and have noticed the changes to mod-loader, i.e. I cannot even enable/disable LowMade, simply crashes on initialization.
    ... the whole mod-options-menu have simply disappeared.

UPDATE: Ok I got it working...
    I can picture it, like a movie on the wall... many will not figure it out (i.e. waste time trying to figure out)... why it wont work.
    Maybe make clear post... clean installs only, sort/update/clear mods etc...
    next problem was the warp-mod, so I removed it... works now.

also... I think LowMade is having a positive on graphics from what I can tell...
    AMD R7 graphics(not the best).

and the warp-mod is like..
    View attachment 58356
    View attachment 58357
    View attachment 58358
    View attachment 58359
    kinda wonky and overly complex... guess its good if thats what going for...
    and well forget about plotting a course in the Navi-menu... set coordinates for 4, 4, 4 and landed in 0, 300, something.
    doesn't seem to work well with coordinate system.
    Update:
    I talked with Ironsight and apparently this is the intended behavior. Just keep flying at a high speed towards your nav marker and it will take you there. Then activate your jump module again to drop out of warp.

Reactions: Tsnonak

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 3/17/2021

Mods:
    • Updated Logical Gravity Units [1.0.0]
    • Added Factory Automation Enhancement [0.2.002]
    • Added Scalar Mining [1.0]
    • Added EdenCore [1.1.7] (server side only)
    • Temporarily removed ExtraEffects due to a bug that prevented the server from starting

Server:
    • Work has begun on revamping the server's pirate ships, as shown below:
    • We have also been working on updating the spawn station Eden Prime. Eventually, it will contain useful tutorials and hints for players, as well as places for player shops, ship docking, and more.

Other:
    • In game public messages will now show up in the #server-chat channel in the discord. Please note that currently this is only one-way and messages typed into the discord channel will not show up in game. Two-way messaging is planned for later but for now the discord channel will remain read only.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 3/20/2021

Mods:
    • Updated WarpSpace to version 0.9.0
    • Re added ExtraEffects [1.3] after previously mentioned server crashing bug was fixed

Reactions: aceface

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 4/2/2021

Mods:
    • Updated WarpSpace to latest version [0.9.1]
    • Updated ExtraEffects to latest version [1.4]

Other:
    I have been swamped by college work the past two weeks and have been unable to spend much time on the server, hence the lack of progress recently. I'll hopefully have more time to work on the server soon.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 4/13/2021

Mods:
    • Updated ScalarMining to latest version [1.2]
    • Updated ExtraEffects to latest version [1.5]
    • Updated Factory Automation Enhancement to latest version [0.2.004]
    • Updated WarpSpace to latest version [0.9.2]
    • Removed EdenCore pending rework

Other:
    • Soon the server will be moved to Java 8 in order to get the chat to discord link (StarBridge) mod working. StarBridge is a server-side only mod, so clients don't need to download it nor do they have to move to Java 8.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 4/18/2021

Mods:
    • Updated WarpSpace to latest version [0.9.3]
    • Updated ExtraEffects to latest version [1.6]
    • Added StarBridge [1.2.0]

Other:
    The server has been moved to Java 8 in order to support StarBridge. Clients don't need to worry about this, as StarBridge is a server only mod and should be compatible with Java 7 clients. Speaking of StarBridge, the server chat bridge should be fully working now (except for maybe /commands in the discord chat (they work in game though)).

Last edited:

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 4/26/2021

Mods:
    • Updated WarpSpace to latest version [0.9.5]
    • Updated ExtraEffects to latest version [1.7]
    • Updated StarBridge to latest version [1.2.11]

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update 4/27/2021

Mods:
    • Updated WarpSpace to latest verison [0.9.6]
    • Updated StarBridge to latest version [1.3.2]
    • Added NPCController [0.1]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    WarpSpace crashed my client.

Edit: I've experienced two more crashes. One on drop-out, one on jump-in. If the mod is either removed or updated I'll come back.
    Also WarpSpace seemed to keep breaking the background for me. Wouldn't render distant stars like it usually does.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    WarpSpace crashed my client.

Edit: I've experienced two more crashes. One on drop-out, one on jump-in. If the mod is either removed or updated I'll come back.
    Also WarpSpace seemed to keep breaking the background for me. Wouldn't render distant stars like it usually does.

(Just copy paste into your starmade/mods folder, overwriting the original 0.9.6)
    Heres the fixed version for 0.9.6 until the server updates to the next (not yet released) fix version

EDIT: 0.9.7 is online and fixes the bug.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Fyi regarding the background stars, turns out I was just being stupid and hadn't realized that 0.202.110 has Draw Additional Stars off by default.