Push Effect + Clock = Cruse Control!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    If you double the cycle rate of the computer could you make it go faster?

~ShinNoir

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It depends of ticks of logic system. If Our block is fastest possible clocks, then not.
    It also depends on how fast Push Computer react when gets signal from logic circuits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    On the RP server I run, coil thrusters have a pretty sharp decline in usefulness as they increase in size. Getting more than about 500 thrust becomes pretty impractical. What this means is that Push Drives become the new primary means of long distance travel, especially for large vessels. Expect to see every ship above 10,000 blocks coming out of the server use one of these drives.

Reactions: Agame3 and Snk

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    On the RP server I run, coil thrusters have a pretty sharp decline in usefulness as they increase in size. Getting more than about 500 thrust becomes pretty impractical. What this means is that Push Drives become the new primary means of long distance travel, especially for large vessels. Expect to see every ship above 10,000 blocks coming out of the server use one of these drives.
    Which server is this? I think I'd like to join.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You should check out pulsator engines :P

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I thought they are deprecated? :p
    Why would they depreciate the push pulses? I thought the whole point was so we could have both damage and push pulses? Otherwise you just have to have damage pulses with push effect on (which still do minimal amounts of damage, I think, even at 100%)

EDIT- Alright, I've done some testing. They still work, but they're horrible at it. You need a massive pulse engine to push a small ship.

Last edited:

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    They are very inefficient. I wonder if push/pull beams would work?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I tried. Looks that beams hits docking ship but it don't push it. Or maybe my push effect was too weak?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Push pulses works. As confirmed by Lecic and checked by me too.
    But Beams + push effect don't works (Looks like).