Push Effect + Clock = Cruse Control!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    isn't that @keptick 's tech?
    No, I use something similar to boost the speed and acceleration of drones past the AI limit. It's similar but it's not at all for the same usage. And crimson artist made that thing waaaaay before I integrated it in my drone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    No, I use something similar to boost the speed and acceleration of drones past the AI limit. It's similar but it's not at all for the same usage. And crimson artist made that thing waaaaay before I integrated it in my drone.
    how do you do yours then?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    how do you do yours then?
    Pretty similar, it's just activated differently and can't be deactivated :P.

My point was just that I'm not the first person to come up with the idea.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    only problem is that the overall thrust seems to decrease exponentially the more massive the ship. With a ship that has a mass of around 4500 and with around 1500 blocks i was only able to go about 10 km/s.
    That might be easily fixed with a overdrive effect also getting turned on. Oh, and before I make this; does the clock stop when the input is turned off? Or do you need to pull some plugs and then reset it?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    That might be easily fixed with a overdrive effect also getting turned on. Oh, and before I make this; does the clock stop when the input is turned off? Or do you need to pull some plugs and then reset it?
    its been awhile since i last responded to this thread so a lot has changed.

push has been boosted big time. for example when i tested it on a ship i had made before with it I'm now able to achieve max speed (50km) in a matter of seconds. before i could only get 10-12 km on this ship so it got buffed big time.

now to answer your question. i don't think overdrive will change its max speed at least from what i know. push works a lot differently then just pressing "WASD" .

once you turn on a clock it will stay on until its turned off. if you want to put a time limit you'll most likely have to design a timer that switches the clock off. i suggest hooking up a modified monostable circuit to the clock as the primary input. that way when you activate the monostable circuit it will turn on the clock then after a time turn it off.

Reactions: kiddan