Read by Council Purchase Ships

Reaction score
    It would be an interesting addition if there were a way to purchase ships from the shop. As in, if you're at a shop, you could pay a certain amount of credits, and be provided with a ship. In order to keep things balanced, it could be limited to certain ships, for example you could only get Isanths or other blueprints that come in the game. I would suggest it costing as much as buying each block, plus some. Maybe, the price of the block then another credit for every block in the ship. (Including docked entities.)

Reactions: nightrune

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It would be an interesting addition if there were a way to purchase ships from the shop. As in, if you're at a shop, you could pay a certain amount of credits, and be provided with a ship. In order to keep things balanced, it could be limited to certain ships, for example you could only get Isanths or other blueprints that come in the game. I would suggest it costing as much as buying each block, plus some. Maybe, the price of the block then another credit for every block in the ship. (Including docked entities.)
    Bruh your 3 years late that was the old method before shipyards...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually, I've suggested something similar, but for shipyards... The idea is somebody could order a ship from a shipyard, watch it be built, and be able to take possession of it--assuming there's enough materials to build the ship. Basically it would tie the shop and shipyard modules together.

Reaction score
    What would be better is if there were a mechanic for players to list ships docked to an entity for sale in a shipyard that acts as a ship shop. Then players could sell ships at their own set price to players willing to buy.

Reactions: NTIMESc
    Reaction score
    Bruh your 3 years late that was the old method before shipyards...
    I only bought the game like a week or two before rails came out, so I didn't know.
    What would be better is if there were a mechanic for players to list ships docked to an entity for sale in a shipyard that acts as a ship shop. Then players could sell ships at their own set price to players willing to buy.
    That's actually kind of cool.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    The rails update came out quite a bit before the Shipyards update, so unless you outright weren't playing the game you'd bought untill after the shipyards update, then yes, you were playing with the old system.

That aside, I "think" you can enable purchasing of ships from the TG rod-shops, but I don't fully recall how it works. (I din't use it much back when it was the only system, and I've not used it since shipyards came in.)
    It is "yet more fiddling with a .txt file" though, so if you don't feel like doing that, you're totally out of luck.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The "new" blueprint system is older than shipyards...