Public Docking Nerf

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I always include 10-20 public docking hardpoints on my homebase to provide a safe place for visitors, traders, etc to dock with me. With the Old Faction Permission block, public docking on a home base rendered the docked ship invulnerable.

Since the new Public Permission / Faction Permission blocks replaced the Old Faction Permission module though, ANY ships docked to an invulnerable base on a rail adjacent to a Public Permission block are able to be attacked freely.

So I'm curious as to if anyone knows whether public docking was nerfed deliberately or accidentally. It's really put a cramp in stations' ability to act as trading or social hubs...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    How did you discover this? o_O
    Because as mentioned my station has public docking. With ships docked. I noticed by accident while testing the energy draw of a weapon near my shipyard (typically I just shoot my HB if all I want to know is about energy draw). A ship docked to one of my color-coded public hardpoints took damage, so I went ahead and tested it thoroughly. With a few ships.

I'm just hoping it's an oversight because I enjoy having a tradestation that can play host to factionless players and visitors.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Because as mentioned my station has public docking. With ships docked. I noticed by accident while testing the energy draw of a weapon near my shipyard (typically I just shoot my HB if all I want to know is about energy draw). A ship docked to one of my color-coded public hardpoints took damage, so I went ahead and tested it thoroughly. With a few ships.

I'm just hoping it's an oversight because I enjoy having a tradestation that can play host to factionless players and visitors.
    Well, this is of interest to me, because I am in the process of setting up the same sort of station. :| Guess it's time to lock down til they fix that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How do TG-stations behave then? They are meant to provide protection to Lone Wolves,

So basically, you only need, but really need a hangar for those ships …

And put it full of doors that close when something docks and open before undocking (to match shape).

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    How do TG-stations behave then? They are meant to provide protection to Lone Wolves,

So basically, you only need, but really need a hangar for those ships …

And put it full of doors that close when something docks and open before undocking (to match shape).

Well I built a hangar for midsized ships once and half my faction complained that it lagged them because of the size. I'd prefer open docking if the change was not deliberate.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This may have been fixed. Someone told me it was, and I tested and don't seem able to explode ships at public dock like I was :)

Reactions: nightrune