Project Talon (Refitting Older Ships)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    FireG0dz If possible, could you make it be able to stay cloaked for 10-15 minutes with some extra mass, and also, do you know if A: objects docked to a cloaked object stay cloaked(e.g:cargo), and B:they count towards the mass limit? Thanks, Event. P.s:I need to know, because it is supposed to have 2 shuttles and 3 cargo pods, each around 20-35 mass. Also, near the front, right infront of the crew quarters is a massive blast door, can you tear that out and replace it with 3 small blast doors for each of the doors leading into there. also, can you tear out the 2 massive blast doors leading to the bridge and replace them with 2 small blast doors. Could you also refit the room between the bridge and the crew quarters into a proper CIC(combat information Center) with a hologram of the ship and stuff. One is supposed to go right above the top center engine(the one with the jump drive) The other two will go beside the CIC.

Attachments

Reaction score
    FireG0dz If possible, could you make it be able to stay cloaked for 10-15 minutes with some extra mass, and also, do you know if A: objects docked to a cloaked object stay cloaked(e.g:cargo), and B:they count towards the mass limit? Thanks, Event. P.s:I need to know, because it is supposed to have 2 shuttles and 3 cargo pods, each around 20-35 mass. Also, near the front, right infront of the crew quarters is a massive blast door, can you tear that out and replace it with 3 small blast doors for each of the doors leading into there. also, can you tear out the 2 massive blast doors leading to the bridge and replace them with 2 small blast doors. Could you also refit the room between the bridge and the crew quarters into a proper CIC(combat information Center) with a hologram of the ship and stuff. One is supposed to go right above the top center engine(the one with the jump drive) The other two will go beside the CIC.
    I guess Phoenix7991 's ship will have to wait. Yes i can do all of the above, EventHorizon27, and i take it the ship here is the same as the one you posted before. Also, did you read the book "Blue Jacket" and the following series? I'm just assuming that because you called it the CIC
    [doublepost=1470580250,1470578403][/doublepost]EventHorizon27 After looking at it more closely, i wont be able to make it cloakable for a good amount of time, without making an entirely new ship in the process. (that's not what we do here) We can, however, make it have radar jamming for a good to infinite amount of time. As of now the ship is mostly interior, and has waaaaaaaay too much interior for a ship of its size. Also, the hull has glass on it. So, this ship is going to get extensive hull upgrades, maybe a color change or two. As for the cargo pods, i might add a bay for a single pod, designed by me, as a kind of luggage for the diplomats. The color scheme: as of now it has waaaaaay to many colors, to the point where it looks like a child drew all over it. So I'm going to try to have it stick to a certain color scheme.
    [doublepost=1470580338][/doublepost]Again, since it's a diplomatic ship, i will strip all weapons in for power, and add a few AMS turrets to it
    [doublepost=1470581067][/doublepost]EventHorizon27 It pains me greatly to say this, but even our best engineers at Talon HQ don't know what to do with this ship. There is simply not enough room for systems, and a workable interior to go with it. We've tried everything we could to make a workable interior, but it just can't be done. However, if you have any larger ships on hand that we can refit, we would do that gladly (granted it's not like this ship in it's limited room for systems) Again, we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do. (When i say "we" i mean "me" but it just sounds better that way)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    FireG0dz You can remove the back hangar, Greenhouse, and all hallways on the upper level, along with the interior of all engine pods, the server room, top of the cic. The diplomatic area really just needs to be a docking port for a shuttle with a small area for it to offload, a negotiating room, and a SMALL cabin for the ambassador(just a bed and a toilet and a console with wedge chair. The crew area could just be an area to sleep with a small table. The cic can be integrated into the bridge, and there only needs to be a passage from the CIC to the bridge. All other interior can be cut.
    [doublepost=1470770039,1470768825][/doublepost]You can also remove some of the "wings" and also all of the exterior orange crystal.

Reaction score
    EventHorizon27 -
    Your ship has potential. But at project talon we try to make only necessary hull changes, the rest is up to the creator. If you can work the hull around so that it can be refitted (or fitted) properly, we will owrk on it. I am sorry to inform you that since i am not the oldest member of StarMade, i am not great with hulls. However, since i have a vast understanding of electronic circuits, I have specialized in logic and systems, hence the creation of Project Talon. I hope you can understand that this is not what I do. If I could, i would.

Reaction score
    EventHorizon27 im confused, does the pod hold cargo or reactors? if it holds cargo, i can build a pickup rail system to make docking easier.

If you're having trouble with the ship, what i might do is start from scratch, but keep the current ship nearby so you can have a similar hull design

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    EventHorizon27 May i ask what the mass is?
    Phoenix7991 I have a choice for you to make: as of now the ship has standard armor. This requires 2/3 of the ship to be thrust to give it a 2.2 TMR. The power and weapons suck. I can replace the armor with hull, which will give you better thrust, power, weapons and shields for the cost of less armor. I need you to choose as quickly as possible
    sorry i just got back from a vacation, basic hull will work nicely as it would fit my new builds