Project Talon (Refitting Older Ships)

Reaction score
    Greetings from Bephinus-Per Shipyards!

Today I am introducing Project Talon. The purpose of this project is to take old ships (given to me by you) strip them of their components, and refit it with new technology. I've created 6 Plans for you to choose from, as listed here:

Full Refit and Repaint -
    • New Systems (specified by you*)
    • New Interior
    • New Color(s) (specified by you**)
    Full Refit -
    • New Interior
    System Refit and Repaint
    System Refit
    • New Systems (Specified by you*)
    Interior Redo and Repaint
    • New Interior
    Interior Redo
    • New Interior

*Systems include weapons, power, shields, jump drives, passives, thrust, etc. You tell me what you want on your ship and roughly how much (be fair)

**I need to know what color everything should be. If there's grey stripes and you want them purple, say so. If you want the body color not to change but the thruster color to, let me know.

EDIT - There is a mass limit of 25,000 (except for Thadius Faran's first post)
    EDIT 2 - The mass limit has been changed to 17,500, but is a loose number

Please attach a file or post the link to the ship below, and specify what Plan you want done and what options you choose for it. If you want more info on what the F*** I'm talking about don't be afraid to post it down below.

Best of luck from the Bephinus-Per Shipyards!
    [doublepost=1469576770,1469576645][/doublepost]For example, this is a ship I did a Full Refit and Repaint to:
    and then Repainted again

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Full Refit -
    • New Interior

You can take a crack at my old Destroyer if you want.
    It's pre-rails so it'll take a while for you to fully refit the systems.
    You can go nuts with the systems and interior rework. Just try to keep the theme similar to the exterior's theme. ;)

Attachments

Reaction score

You can take a crack at my old Destroyer if you want.
    It's pre-rails so it'll take a while for you to fully refit the systems.
    You can go nuts with the systems and interior rework. Just try to keep the theme similar to the exterior's theme. ;)
    oh wow that was quick! I'm for sure going to do this one, but from now on there will be a mass limit. Thanks so much for the quick reply!
    [doublepost=1469579887,1469579610][/doublepost]Thadius Faran Could you please specify roughly how much power, thrust, what passive systems (if any) what weapons (if any) and anything else you would like me to include? Just to get a hint of what type of ship you're looking for.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    oh wow that was quick! I'm for sure going to do this one, but from now on there will be a mass limit. Thanks so much for the quick reply!
    [doublepost=1469579887,1469579610][/doublepost]Thadius Faran Could you please specify roughly how much power, thrust, what passive systems (if any) what weapons (if any) and anything else you would like me to include? Just to get a hint of what type of ship you're looking for.
    Go for a frigate killer style ship. Ion missiles, Punch Through Waffle cannons and the likes.

Reaction score
    yeah sorry about that Mortiferum. If it was under 30k i would've taken it, because 25k is a loose number. It's just because There will probably be multiple projects in queue at one point and i don't want to be spending weeks on a single ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    would you be willing to do a system refit for my oldest surviving ship, i did 6 refits in the past but no longer have all of them,(and they were done ages ago)

Phoenix-Tech Condor Corvette

she's originally built pre, jump drive, weapons, isanths zero's, even pre tetras/heptas, not 100% sure when this version was built(somewhere between MK 2 and 5 i think). it will need heavy updating

Reaction score
    Sure! It looks like its in the mass range, but can i still get a number? I'm Working on Thad's at the moment so it'll be probably next week when it'll be done.
    EDIT - sorry i forgot to tag you Phoenix7991

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sure! It looks like its in the mass range, but can i still get a number? I'm Working on Thad's at the moment so it'll be probably next week when it'll be done.
    EDIT - sorry i forgot to tag you Phoenix7991
    sure it's 2495.1 (2.1k) mass, so it's really not that big, also the ship was originally intended to be super fast missile based corvette, but for the refit i'd like to see her with cannons, and as much speed as possible.

Reaction score
    sure it's 2495.1 (2.1k) mass, so it's really not that big, also the ship was originally intended to be super fast missile based corvette, but for the refit i'd like to see her with cannons, and as much speed as possible.
    *grabs notepad* Speed... and cannons. ok. Thanks for letting me know, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't larger than what the pictures looked like. I'll get on it as soon as Thad's ship is done

Reaction score
    Thadius Faran I have finally completed the interior work after about 1.5 hours of stripping and 3 hours of building (add .5 hours of frustration due to pre-rails systems being glitchy) So now its time to add systems! Also, i wont be able to add waffle cannons, the ship's shape doesn't allow for it. Im including a Cannon:Cannon:Explosive as the main weapon and a Beam:Cannon:Ion as a secondary
    [doublepost=1469823412,1469821354][/doublepost]Thadius Faran I just got an awesome idea for your destroyer. Since its SUPER heavy (even though i replaced advanced armor with standard) I was thinking of changing its attack style. Ill give it a 0.8 TMR, but... with a twist. There will be a docked booster underneath that will help it get to battle, but will use up most of the ship's power. so when The ship reaches it's destination it drops the booster, giving it power for it's weapons. Then a fast ship can come and drop off another booster for the way back. The reason they aren't re-used is because the booster for getting to an attack target has warheads on it, allowing it to do damage to bases. Rambling on, the ship will now be a base attack destroyer. It will contain a Missile:Beam:Explosive as a primary and the same Beam:Cannon:Ion as a secondary. Sorry if it was hard to read this terrible grammar/structuring. If you have any questions let me know

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    Thadius Faran i have completed the ship. All i need to do is comprise an album, show it to you then ask for permission to post it. Ill do all that tomorrow morning.

In the meantime... Goodnight

Reaction score
    Phoenix7991 your ship is up! cant wait to take a look at it. Just a system refit right? No interior changes or repaint?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    FireG0dz
    If possible I would love for you to do a paint and systems refit, but have one version with the original coloring but upgraded systems, and the other with both.
    Systems: It is supposed to be fast, have a scanner, and have JumpDrive(which it already does), and be able to stay cloaked and jammed for medium-long periods of time(5-15 Minutes). It may or may not have over 3million points in offense(event though it is a diplomatic ship) But those could be switched out for reactors. It also has an empty bay right above the diplomatic area.
    Paint: Red and Dark Grey
    Thanks,
    Event

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    EventHorizon27 May i ask what the mass is?
    Phoenix7991 I have a choice for you to make: as of now the ship has standard armor. This requires 2/3 of the ship to be thrust to give it a 2.2 TMR. The power and weapons suck. I can replace the armor with hull, which will give you better thrust, power, weapons and shields for the cost of less armor. I need you to choose as quickly as possible