Project Riryu

captainairspeed

CEO of ATC and Registered Button Pusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Riryu Class Project is the Development of a 2km long vessel designed to be a wartime supply vessel its main purpose is that of a mobile base it will carry things such as replacement turrets ships and will hold a fleet of drones and pilotable crafts within it.

Its bassicaly going to be the Carrier for my Faction ATC

Whats been done so far

• Hanger 2
    • Core room and corridor
    • Some Basic Shelling

Any Feedback or ideas are welcome as i have no clue what im going to put inside this thing

now for the fun part Pics :P

[doublepost=1491391491,1491391166][/doublepost]First of the ships that the final Ship will be Equiped with has been determined a custom CCV Messis will be equiped to the ship to oversee repairs of fleets based on the Riryu Class Perks to DryBreeze for creating such an awesome vessel and letting me use her in my build

Link to this Beautiful Engineering Ship
    ENGINEERING - CCV Messis

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently trying to choose between the repainted Version of the CCv Messis(right) or the Original Version(left) For Modifications

It needs to feel like an Engineering Shhip but also fit with the colour scheme im going for adn im not too sure yellow will fit very well

Reaction score
    Damn, that's a cool ship. I tried making a 3000x3000 city station, can't get over 10fps, so good luck!

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks im hoping Fps wont be too much of an issue as most of it will be interior spaces and Hangers as its Bassically a Giant Carrier
    [doublepost=1491401034,1491399066][/doublepost]Update

ive settled on using the Orginal Paint Scheme and Just changing around the systems to fill its purpose

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Actually, open spaces inside structures increase GPU load immensely, as they increase the number of rendered faces in the structure. If SM worked well with occlusion culling (I think its called that, anyway) this would be true (No change in GPU load) to some extent. But it doesn't, as far as I am still aware, so, you have been warned. Good luck!

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    huh thought it was the otehr way around thanks!

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I like your concept so far. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Messis looks interesting in grey I built her in yellow so it's cool to see new livery for the first time.

Show us some more pics of yer behemoth! Maybe some features of it or what you intend to deck her out with?

Some suggestions:

Crew living quarters in tiers of class... cramped up worker class all the way to high end Ritz class.

An entertainment complex with holographic decks and various ball game courts.

A huge multiple deck internal shipyard for repairing frigates and even smaller capitals if they fit.

An internal mono rail link system of transport.

Brig.

Quarantine.

Medical hospital with various internal related facilities like MRI and labs... tied in with quarantine maybe.

A missile manufacturing facility and racks or containers of packed missiles ready to offload at the frontline.

A really awesome huge core room with spinning stuff.

A giant holographic to scale representation of the ship showing the locations and status of various facilities.

A well planned server room where people can operate various systems with commands entered into consoles (see some of Tshara's work and youtubes)

A zillion lifeboats positioned in various locations throughout.

Zero Tau cryochambers for long term flight of large numbers of people.

Piped sewerage and water and air treatment throughout vessel.

Jettisonable docked power generators.... ie cores that can be blown out into space in an emergency.

Well the list could go on but that hopefully gives you some things to help the imagination?

Last edited:

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    those are some sweet ideas most i never thought off ill add those all in and more once ive got the exterior shell at least sealed in im going to leave detailing for later

and now some more images

Force Field Between the Repair Drone Hanger and Hanger 3

Repair Drone Hanger

What ive done so Far of the Primary Runway for Smaller Ships/Drones

Front View of the Ship

Sneak Peak at one of the Internal Hangers im working On

Next im planning on working on the docking Port for the CCv Messis and finishing up the basic Exterior Shell before moving onto the Main Hangers Interior and Turrets

If anyone has any ideas or thinks i should add in or spots one any mistakes (which thier are plenty off) post it!!!

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The water block could be used as a forcefield if you so desired, as it allows entities to pass through it but not weapons fire.

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It does whats the Effect of lighting on water is it the same effect as on ice?

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen

The outer shell is now Completed and i can move onto Some interior and Docking Ports

She now sits at 1884m which is abit shorter than i was aiming for but its fine as 116ms isnt that much of a difference

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so right now im trying to Decide on the placement of the Messis's Hanger ive found a few Differnt Locations on the Ship But none have Quite Clicked for me yet if anyone can point out any good locations then its apreacited as this has me stumped

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ok so right now im trying to Decide on the placement of the Messis's Hanger ive found a few Differnt Locations on the Ship But none have Quite Clicked for me yet if anyone can point out any good locations then its apreacited as this has me stumped
    As she is supposed to be a repair and maintenance vessel it is not vital to have rapid launch and probably important to protect her from attack. For that reason I would maybe suggest putting her into an internal hanger underneath the mother behind a bigass set of slow moving double thick blast doors. Maybe into a recess designed to fit her shape fairly tightly and neatly. This would also help use up some of your internal space so that you dunt need to find something else to fill that area later...? Perhaps some doors that open outwards like a cargo bay on a real world NASA style space shuttle (only a fraction bigger) with nice interlocking hazard stripe teeth that are hidden from sight when the doors are closed.

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    that is a sweet idea and i have now stolen it XD

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so small little Update

Still working on the Custom Docking port for the Messis it turns out due to its shape its a pain to dock so im currently changing designs and trying different Harnesses to Hold it In Place

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok another update

The BareBones of the Messis dock are done along with some basic ship systems ive also allocated where different hangers are going to go and i have made some progress on the Capital to Capital Ship dock

Current to do list

- Finish of the High Rank Accomodations
    - Greeble the messis hanger and convert the rail to pickup rails
    - mark out the hanger walls
    - Set out different Floors
    - Attach turrets
    - work on the under side greeble

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    not a bad idea but its already got quite a few antena

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so i suck at building turrets so im probably going to nab some of the dock and repurpose them i was thinking about maybe having a room on the ship that will have a list of people whos creations i used ont he fornox does that sound like a good idea or should i jsut list them on the ship when/if i release her

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so im doing Some Re Designs on the Messis after an incident with its blast doors so once ive finished up that ill be posting some update pics so i can get some more feedback on the Riryu Class

Also Whats your Take on Weapon Systems im not sure what sort of turrets to go for on the Riryu Class as its A a Carrier and B a big one at that so it should be able to hit hard but its also supposed to be more of a logistics center of the battle then a Frontline Titan