Project Riryu

Reaction score
    captainairspeed said:
    I was thinking about having a room on the ship that will have a list of people who's creations I used on the Fornox.
    Or, should I just list them on the ship's CC page when/if I release her?
    *Quote edited for my own peace of mind.

Honestly, I say both. It isn't hard to add a single room with, oh, 3 monitors. It is extremely easy if you are going to add in some Role-play elements anyway, like a communications room. (basically a room *filled* with monitors full of messages)
    Or, even just a few monitors added to existing rooms. (EX: you have a bridge/command center. replace some of the decorative computers with monitors, and list the credits there)

Placing a credits list on the Community Content page is just common courtesy, and if you have the list ready on the ship (or a TXT file) then all you really need to do is copy it from the ship (or TXT).

Last edited:

captainairspeed

CEO of ATC and Registered Button Pusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so i realised i hadnt updated in awhile so im going to be uploading some images of what ive been up to in around 20 mins

for those interested stay Tuned
    [doublepost=1494357483,1494354466][/doublepost]Ok thier are Some Images you Guys have Already Seen and A few you havent ill update this in bulk every now and then but do more frequent updates on this thread

as always feedback and ideas is much apreaciated
    [doublepost=1494357606][/doublepost]The ship in the hanger on the first image belongs to GloryFang he kindly let me equip some of his ships onto the Riryu Class

im going to be changing up its hanger to make it fit abit better but it doesnt look to out of place in my opinion

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok so today im going to be working on the Repair Bay outfitting it with a few ships courtesy of Drybreeze and looking/building a few larger repair ships to put into the hangers and doing some changes to the current hangers layout
    [doublepost=1494758230,1494756807][/doublepost]if anyone knows any good repair ships then that would be apreaciated as then i can contact the authors and see if they mind me using them

the reason im using other peoples ships in this project is for two reasons one becouse i want to give my full attention to building the fornox so not having to worry about building hundreds of different ships to put on her is a relief and two becouse the variation in build styles makes the ship feel more alive the Riryu Class is more of a mobile station then a ship so having a diverse range of well ships and build styles intertwining with the main structure will hopefully give the effect im going for of a diverse population living within the ship

now if only we could assign custom skins to the hireable crew so i could populate the Riryu with people

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ohhhh You mean the Daedra Class thats currently unworkable till i upgrade my computer XD

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You know, this is really cool. I've been dreaming of building a ship of this size for quite a while, but I can never seem to get motivated enough to start it.

i would probably just focus on defensive systems like an ion effect or an overdrive effect if the ship is meant to be a carrier/command vessel and not a combat ship with massive and powerful main weapons.

But I do know of carriers that utilize weapons meant for things like orbital bombardment or the destruction of stationary objects like stations or orbital gun emplacements. So maybe using some sort of missile or damage pulse of some sort is an idea.

But, really, I think that having lots and lots and lots of turrets on a carrier is more important than having any main ship weapons.

Great work so far, I really love the look of it already, I hope you give this to Jake Lancia so he can add it to his ship size comparison chart when you feel it's in a good enough state to be called a workable ship, and I can't wait to see what the finished version will look like.

Good luck, and try not to kill your computer.

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks EMC007 weapons systems are not my strong suit so right now im working on other areas and putting it off for as long as possible luckily thier are plenty of turret of the docks i can "borrow" the systems from or just use entirely as the Riryu Class is supposed to be at the center of a battle providing tactical support and of course unleashing leagions of ships onto the enemies

for the Weapons System i was planning on having one Capital ship weapon probably some sort of Broad side missiles or Vertical Launch Lock ons as unsuprisingly this thing doesnt turn very fast -_-

as for turrets the idea is to have the Riryu Shield Tank Keeping its shields up and Powering the Legion of Turrets i plan to fit on this thing its already got a Capital Ship Turret and a ##### made by ##### installed to see how many i can fit along with tons of turrets im probably going to swipe of community content to use and abuse it does mean that the Riryus going to be very reliant on its turrets but hey if you can get the shields down the ships pretty much screwed as thier are areas that lack deffensive armouring

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Neotronix Defensive Solutions would like to announce our support of this project as one of its contractors. Licences for the use and outfitting of this vessel with our proprietary NDS - Heron Tank Dropship V2G1 // NDS530 MBT has just been approved by our operations director.

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Airspeed Trading Co Would like to confirm that they are now Backed by Neotronix Defensive Solutions and will be Outfitting Riryu Classes with between 1-3 NDS - Heron Tank Dropship V2G1 // NDS530 MBT and developing some support hardware for the repair and maintennace of these Inovative Dropships.

we hope that this Partnership will be a Exciting Endevour for both Companies

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so im begining work on the Custom Hangers im Going to make for the Herons im thinking i might make some sort of Crane that drags them into the ship or something along those lines

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I see others are submitting ships to be used on this project, and I don't recall you mentioning you had any fighters yet, so...

Kron Incorporated has officially offered its Kron Inc. "Little Cat" Class Fighter for use on this starship of impressive scale.

It's not the best fighter you'll probably find, but, I'd say it fares pretty well considering its size.

And besides, every ship on the dock is about to be completely ruined and unworkable with the new power update coming soon, so, I figure, why not?

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks EMC007 ill look and see if they can be equiped on top runway 2 and yeah luckily i havent done too many systems on the fornox yet only 13 milion shields and 2 million power so it shouldnt be too hard to strip out im also going to go ahead and redo all the ships that are equiped to it when the new power system comes out

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ATC would like to officially announce that i will be equipping the Riryu Class with several Kron Inc. "Little Cat" Class Fighter in Exterior Hanger 2 due to them exceeding Size Dimensions they could not be equipped on either of the top runways however they do fit in the Riryu's Small Exterior Hangers and so we be out fitting the Riryu Class with 2-4 of these Vessels

ATC Thanks Kron Inc for thier help in this project

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so little update on mm progress the primary hangers for the skip ray are finished and i my and i might add some more later on depending on size restrictions make sure you check them out thier a beautiful little ship by Stike7g5 and you should totally check them out the Riryu can hold eight of any version of these crafts and currently is equipped with 2 of each variant as i was checking to make sure they all fit in thier designated hangers

Of course we have the Heron dropship onboard now and the Riryu will most likely carry two of these drop ships and 4 of their complementary tanks check a few posts above to see this absolutely epic build by Guthris

It also has equipped a modified KDI Shuttle by Napther if your intrested in taking a peek look on his community content i currently run a modified version of his shuttle

The CCV Messis is also Equiped onboard and has been for quite some time again i run a modified version and im super thankful to Drybreeze one building this beautiful ship and two letting me use it

I also have a few other ships by Drybreeze but I will show them of when ive finished the current area im working on for them

We also have a Vale Perma-Cloaker that i used whilst in imperium which is countersunk into the hull

Of course we have the SellSword by GloryFang as well im working on equipping more of his ships

In terms of turrets im using a nope gun shell which i have outfitted to be a siege cannon doing 2 mil alpha damage a hit and some Frosty AMS turrets built by a member of my faction called LordFrostSword so perks to him for those

Now thier are quite a few more ships i need to equip that i have permission to use so over the next week expect a few more updates with ships I will be equipping and any currently equipped that I have forgotten to mention :P

Ill post more pictures later on in the day for those intrested

Last edited:

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry about the thread being dead for awhile ive been abit busy helping set up a server im going to get back to doing work daily on the Riryu tomorow so thier will hopefully be some pics although i have been working on and off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so ive pretty much finished the details for the hanger bay that will store utility craft all that needs to be done now is for me to build or find some utility ships to put in thier ill post some pics of it tomorow to get some feedback and hopefully some advice as i feel like its missing something

Reactions: Reilly Reese

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So like quite a few people i took a break from starmade until schine was closer to finishing of the new power and ship systems, and as their closer to finishing off im going to dive back in and revive Project Riryu with the new power system and ship systems in mind :catsmile: which means its time to get back to building shiz!!!