Probelm with textures after 0.19624 update

Reaction score
    I use default textures and recently updated to 0.19624 and the textures are acting odd.

The texture on the core kept switching to a bunch of random textures and different coloured hulls were being switched with each other too (e.g. black hull replacing red hull).

I have already gone to 'Options & Repair' in the launcher and selected 'Force Download All & Overwrite' to see if that would fix the issue but no change.

Any advice would be appreciated

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I use default textures and recently updated to 0.19624 and the textures are acting odd.

The texture on the core kept switching to a bunch of random textures and different coloured hulls were being switched with each other too (e.g. black hull replacing red hull).

I have already gone to 'Options & Repair' in the launcher and selected 'Force Download All & Overwrite' to see if that would fix the issue but no change.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Are you using the standard launcher or the new beta launcher?

Reaction score
    I had the same problem last week. Force downloading and repairing failed, as well as updating graphics drivers. I also read it could be caused if the settings are too high, but lowering everything to minimum didn't work. Eventually I had to backup my blueprints and do a total wipe (nothing of value was lost for me) and redownload and reinstall it.

So, you should first try lowering graphics options (according to other sources I saw), maybe update drivers, but if it doesn't work you might want to do a total wipe and a fresh start.

Good luck.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Have you been playing on a server with a custom block config or texture sets? Or perhaps only just updated after a long absence?

I'm not 100% sure what is happening but it almost sounds like the texture ids in the blockconfig aren't matching the texture set you currently have.

Could you post a screenshot of the Ship Core just to confirm the correct latest textures please. It could also help to know which ones are being shown.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I actually had similar troubles with the old launcher after accidentally reverting to the oldest version and back. I suggest you revert back to the original update you started with, and then install all the updates that introduced new blocks(new blocks mean new textures) one at a time before you update to the latest build.

The probable reason this doesn't work as expected is that the launcher does not unpack the textures unless they were added in that update. I have a thread on this, which I will link: Bug - Old launcher does not update texture files.

There might be a connection between how the old launcher and the beta launcher handle textures.

Reaction score
    Here's a screen shot with annotations of the textures that I am seeing. I'm on my own server that is using the default textures and block configs. It was a little while since I last updated, so are we guessing that the updates don't stack? Shall I revert back to an earlier build and find a way to update it to the current build then? Any suggestions on how far back I would have to go? I can't remember what build I was using previously.

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    That ship core does not look like anything we ever released.

Please wipe the "data/textures" folder in your starmade directory.
    Now use the launcher and repair options to redownload the texture.
    Make sure you use "default" (name of the pack) texture pack.

It should be fixed then, looks like an overwritten texture pack which for some reason did not get repaired on update. (Or was overwritten on purpose by some other program/modloader?).

- Andy

Reaction score
    hi all i have manage to get the textuers working agen and it also seem to be run nicely

Thank you for all your help and advices

:)