Bug Old launcher does not update texture files.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This is something I discovered by accidentally resetting my game to the earliest version, and then updating it back to the latest build. Here is a pic of my ship at the time:

Yeah. Obviously I didn't want to have Christmas themed ships, so I reinstalled it through steam. Clearly something was wrong.

When it was done, everything looked OK, but when I entered the cockpit I was greeted with this:

The faction module had no texture. Looking through the files revealed that the texture was still in the game, but I had not realized that was the old, unused texture.

Here are the blocks that are missing textures:

They are every faction block, and the new rail blocks. I realized that they are relatively new blocks, and confirmed that the textures are missing. So I went into my backups, confirmed that the texture pack was complete, and replaced the texture files with that. It is fixed now, but I revealed a problem with the old launcher.

I think that the launcher does not update textures unless they are being added in a particular patch. If you skip over to a newer patch, it does not download those textures. Basically, it will not update the texture pack at all, even if you force it to replace every file. It just skips over the textures.

To reproduce this, just start a clean install and update to 0.19624, or the latest patch that doesn't update the textures.