Power Update. Dev build presentation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ugh... just stop, I'm sympathetic to your argument but you're starting to come off as extraordinarily whiney.

Can't wait for real details on the update though.

But not literally, I actually can wait, because I'm a well-rounded Starmatador.

Reaction score
    I'm looking forward to more details but I won't be watching a stream to find out lol. Unless the stream is all about the new update I don't really have time to sift. I'd rather just wait for a release and patch notes. I do have hopes though that this will make ship building more fun but the meta I'm sure will need some testing and tweaking before its compelling.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I look forward to trying out the new system. Nothing beats being able to compare them yourself.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hope all is well with him.

I'm eager to try out the new setup but I'll be patient. Thanks again for the box-load of awesome.

Reactions: entarlas

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Can you not read? Not everyone has the time or wants to watch a 3 hour stream when all the relevant information could be in a 5 minute video or be a text post that takes 2 minutes to read.

I have work and school for 13 hours a day. When am I supposed to fit a 3 hour stream into that?
    Agreed, I can concur as I have school and work most of my day, so I'd like to just get the info in a matter of speaking: 'In a small Bite that could be thrown like a candy into my mouth and can be easily swallowed whole.'. Not 'Here lemme cram 3 hours of footage into your mouth and hope you can swallow it whole'.

You see the difference here community?

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Can you not read? Not everyone has the time or wants to watch a 3 hour stream when all the relevant information could be in a 5 minute video or be a text post that takes 2 minutes to read.

I have work and school for 13 hours a day. When am I supposed to fit a 3 hour stream into that?
    I get your argument man, just providing a resource. Again, jumping around a two hour video is tedious, I get that. No need to get insulting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    My post complaining about mods removing on topic posts complaining about how Schine releasing information for stream watchers weeks ahead of everyone else being annoying and unfair was removed. Lmao.

You guys know you're just making yourself look worse and worse, right? Stop dodging it. We want our weekly dev blogs back. Stop giving stream viewers special treatment. A lot of us have jobs or school or live in timezones where we cannot watch the streams.
    Can't you watch the fucking VOD when you're able to? Are you incapable of doing such a simple task? It's the same thing. They also said they would release a video and a thread explaining the new power system.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I honestly don't get why people are arguing over this. It's just the dev stream; we still have to wait for the actual release so we too can play with it. If you can't watch the whole stream (my time is limited as well), plenty of more concise info will follow shortly afterwards. The community is good for that sort of thing.

Reaction score
    I work 2nd shift, so watching the stream isn't an option for me as well, but I can wait until we get the cliff note version :-p. Plus, it will be in the dev version of Starmade for a month or so, possibly longer, before it hits the rest of us. I'm looking forward to playing with the new systems, but by the time it gets to the servers I play on there will be plenty of information available.

Reaction score
    You know the hype is real when people complain that they don't get the news for another day. How important will the first 20-30 mins be?

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You know the hype is real when people complain that they don't get the news for another day. How important will the first 20-30 mins be?
    I hope a very important explosion onboard a ship equipped with the new power system happens. That would be hilarious :P

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Can't you watch the fucking VOD when you're able to? Are you incapable of doing such a simple task? It's the same thing. They also said they would release a video and a thread explaining the new power system.
    No, I can't. As I said, I am busy 13 hours a day. And I'm sure as hell not wasting 2-3 hours of my day off watching a stream with 5 minutes of actual information in it.
    This isn't JUST about this update. Every week we have a stream and most of those never get anything written up about them at all. This one is the exception.
    Have you already forgotten how we had to pester Criss for two months just to get a couple paragraphs going over what was being built during the streams during that time?

We need to hold Schine accountable for providing information about the game to their entire community, not just the people who are lucky enough to have to free time to watch the streams. We need weekly dev blogs back, even if they're just a couple of paragraphs explaining what assets were worked on that week.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Come on guys. This is a video game being developed by a small design team on their free time with minimal outside funding; not a 20 million dollar grant being written by an executive committee for a medical research facility.

The info is coming. Yes; right now it's unrefined and time consuming to absorb but that will change as the release date draws closer. Patience is definitely a virtue under the current circumstances.

Also; Hold Schine accountable? Did I really just read this? :confused:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I see no reason at all for the moderators to permit this whining bitchfest.
    It's a "whining bitch fest" to ask that Schine properly inform the community of the future of the game?

The only bitching I see here is people crying about how mean we are to Schine to ask that one of the multiple PR guys actually does their job.

Come on guys. This is a video game being developed by a small design team on their free time with minimal outside funding; not a 20 million dollar grant being written by an executive committee for a medical research facility.

The info is coming. Yes; right now it's unrefined and time consuming to absorb but that will change as the release date draws closer. Patience is definitely a virtue under the current circumstances.

Also; Hold Schine accountable? Did I really just read this? :confused:
    You need to be a 20 million dollar project to give a few paragraphs about what your 6 or so man team did for an entire week?

Here, how about this. I've said this before, so this is nothing new. Give me the PR job. I think I, with my incredibly busy schedule, could do a better job of writing regular weekly dev blogs than the existing people in charge of keeping the community up to date. Consider this my second official application, Schine. Either prove you can do your jobs or let someone else try it.

Reactions: Arkudo

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Well I guess you won't even have the time to play so why care.
    Anyway there'll be summaries.
    That 'three hour stream', butts into the PLAYTIME of that other 11 hours that Lecic or any other working player that has a job. Does that make sense?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.