Power Update. Dev build presentation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Just a quick update. After a lot of work and implementation of new basic systems from the ground up, that were not only necessary to do for the power update, but will also greatly benefit follow up updates, a first prototype of the new power system is finally done. Since there is still some work to do in terms of GUI, textures, general usability, configuration, and balancing we wanted to present a snapshot of the working system in our upcoming stream the coming week (usual stream time. exact details will follow). A public dev build, as well as a complete overview of the new system will follow as soon as possible.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - the Schine Team

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I sure hope you guys fixed that issue causing some of us on windows to crash on entry into a world.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    I wonder if this will become appealing at all than the old system.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Wow guys you can just watch the recordings of the streams later.

Reaction score
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Definitely gonna be waiting for the video on Youtube!
    I sure hope there arent too many major bugs and the public release doesnt take much extra time. Can't wait to start building the chandelier ships, or whatever the hell ends up being a decent design.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Since there is still some work to do in terms of GUI, textures, general usability, configuration, and balancing...
    The wording of that line kinda suggests to me that what they have is already some sweet serious stuff with which we will have a lot of fun.

I can't wait to jump into studying the new power and non-power systems, build a few prototype ships from the inside out - starting with the "inner organs" of the ship, the "power train" and auxiliary functional components, and then build a shell around them. :^D

Reaction score
    @Lecic
    Welcome to the (the mess) that is the Starmade forum, home of the echo chambers, innumerable empty-headed yes-men, intense white-knighting, hugboxes and thought police.

- back on topic -
    I expected nothing but at least isn't let down any more than usual.
    Just be sure to drop those "detailed written updates" the same day that stream happens, not two weeks later.

[Moderator edit Thingie~]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My hopes aren't very high, but it will be interesting to see how much this improves shipbuilding. In my opinion the current power system and the proposed solutions have all been overly convoluted for little reason, honestly i don't see why a simple volume-based power system wouldn't work just as well.

Also this is the first time i've seen somebody take it personally that a developer chose a specific time to stream, lmao

Reactions: ZektorSK
    Reaction score
    [TEXT REMOVED By Moderator]

Wow guys you can just watch the recordings of the streams later.
    I'd see it more as a matter of signal to noise ratio. The actual information could usually be summarized in a minute or three, and not everybody has the time or stamina to sift through hours of chitchat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My post complaining about mods removing on topic posts complaining about how Schine releasing information for stream watchers weeks ahead of everyone else being annoying and unfair was removed. Lmao.

You guys know you're just making yourself look worse and worse, right? Stop dodging it. We want our weekly dev blogs back. Stop giving stream viewers special treatment. A lot of us have jobs or school or live in timezones where we cannot watch the streams.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    My post complaining about mods removing on topic posts complaining about how Schine releasing information for stream watchers weeks ahead of everyone else being annoying and unfair was removed. Lmao.

You guys know you're just making yourself look worse and worse, right? Stop dodging it. We want our weekly dev blogs back. Stop giving stream viewers special treatment. A lot of us have jobs or school or live in timezones where we cannot watch the streams.
    It's not like previous streams aren't available to watch...

Code:
    https://www.twitch.tv/starmade/videos/all
    Though clips of important segments would be useful, jumping around 2 hours of video is tedious.

EDIT: Had to put the link in a code, because of the auto "turn it into a embedded media"

Reactions: Ithirahad

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Wasn't there a Stream Highlights thing done on the Youtube channel way back when? I never watched them myself, but if they were what I think they were (highlights of semi-important stuff said in the last stream); Maybe some community members could really value from this?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It's not like previous streams aren't available to watch...
    Can you not read? Not everyone has the time or wants to watch a 3 hour stream when all the relevant information could be in a 5 minute video or be a text post that takes 2 minutes to read.

I have work and school for 13 hours a day. When am I supposed to fit a 3 hour stream into that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.