Please finish what I could not

Reaction score
    Hello community!

This will probably be my first and last time posting to this forum.

Around two years ago I launched up the game after a long while and came up with this idea for a ship that would become the greatest creation I will ever build in the game.

In the past I didn't properly know all the mechanics and stuff, but for this project I was very committed.
    So I spent countless hours recearching, learning and gaining motivation.
    This build had to be perfect.

I named the project ship "Spearhead" since I planned it to have an offensive role and most armor in the front with a fairly sharp shape.
    Because I only had completed less than 4 ships in the past I had to learn by mistakes.
    This meant that the hull and the system were rebuilt more than three times.

I took inspiration from a ship called Watchman from Fractured Space, but also from the Providence and Munificent-class ships seen in Star Wars.

What the ship was supposed to at least have:
    • a command bridge at the back
    • two large ball turrets on the top and the bottom
    • many anti-missile turrets, mostly in the front
    • an elevator
    • automated doors
    • an anti-shield beam and missile systems as weapons
    • two jump drives
    • a radar jammer (why not?)
    • small interior to keep it small and effective in battle

Design and ideas

The shape of the hull is designed to increase the effective armor thickness from the front, making it range from around 2 to 20. In adition the 'whisker like' docked entities work as extra spaced armor and attract fire to the strongest part of the ship. Also the positions of the multiple heavy turrets allow them all to focus fire on a single target in front of the ship.

Inside all the doors open automatically and there is a working docking system that pushes a 'tube' out of the hull to make docking easier, in theory at least. Last time I checked the docker would simply undock from the ship when used.
    Light on top of the command bridge was supposed to blink and the things resembling some kind of radar scanners to slowly rotate.
    The cores inside the bridge are purely meant for observing battles in build mode, the chairs on the bridge also work, since they are a different entity.
    Down the bridge there is an elevator, which is not working yet.
    Most of the ship has been filled with systems so there's not that much room left anymore.

The ship is basically split in to two sections: The front that is angled and double layered with advanced armor and filled mostly with shield systems. This section is supposed to handle some beating.
    The second, not as well armored part is the back of the ship that is made of one single layer of standard armor (there is also some advanced armor that is not supposed to be there) and containes the interior, weapon systems, most of the power and of course the thrusters.

Statistics

The Problem
    I don't play the game anymore and after hundreds of hours invested in this project I don't want it all to be for nothing.

So I'm asking for you lovely people to finish this project.
    I don't mind changes at all: modify and add as much as you please, as long as the core idea and style resembles the original. Make sure to take some credit for the work as well.

If no one is interested I hope it can give you at least ideas and inspiration.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Why though?
    There are many reasons: different games, lack of motivation and other things such as my job and compulsory military service that consume too much of my time.
    And unfortunately by the time I could continue working on it the game would probably be dead already :(