• Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I saw this on steam for space engineers:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/roguelycan/myworkshopfiles/?appid=244850

I think we can do that too.

What ingredients/parts do we need?:
    1. Shell
      • Uses docking spots with 7x7x7 size.
      • Contains dis-integrators (as long as collision damage is still off)
      • Contains area triggers to trigger enclosed (in hull) dis-integrators on impact (currently can only trigger 1 at a time if the bug is not just local to me due to lags)
    2. Magazine:
      • A barrel with docking spots.
      • Activate buy-with blocks for catalogue and just use 9x9x9 to delete and buy a new one (no block loss, except for your used shells)
    3. Gravity generators:
      • We have no artificial mass blocks, but we have push beams.
      • We may be able to stabilize the projectile in a long barrel with a weak combo of amc/stop beams and beams pulling it back into the centre of your barrel, while a stronger beam pushes it out of the barrel.
    4. Activate magazine:
      • This is the tricky part. Un-dock specific or all docked from your barrel-turret (structure menu)
      • use area triggers and pull beams to draw them one after another from top into the barrel. But not too fast (you will also need stop beams to stop it).

Aiming & Balance:
    Maybe some server will have setups allowing thrusters for low-speed manoeuvres and push-effect modules to get to where you want.
    With extreme low thrust, extreme high power requirements from damage-dealing (not push/pull/stop) weapons and high dis-integrator damage it could be a good choice - at least for the downtime of your (weapon) energy storage.​

Push and evade modules would need some cool-down through (through huge steps in power requirements?) or it would be too easy to evade.

Tell me what you think of it - how much would you like player-designed weapons?

Reaction score
    While awesome the fact that Starmade crutches on shields means that any attempt will probably rate mediocre to poor versus a weapon on equal volume.

I would love to see something like this though. It would definitely make the game more interesting while, at the same time, hopefully moving the game away from shield crutching.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dis-integrators could penetrate shields and be balanced - they can be shot down and nothing is worse then to waste ressources against a regenerating, nearly immune (to their low damage values) shield.

It could also be used against stationary targets, but linear dampening makes it worse in StarMade - in SE you can turn inertia dampeners off.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Collisions ignore shields, so making the projectile out of hardened hull would work much better :D

Reaction score
    I tried to do a massdriver some time ago (for a centauri primus build), i had a logic system first releasing the projectile and then firing a massive push laser (with pulse slave), was working ok except projectile speed, aiming and damage issues.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I built a really big cannon that holds asteroids and launches them with push beams.. Not very useful unless collision damage is on, but it's still fun to launch asteroids at people and watch their ships get knocked around.

It's kind of deadly if collision damage is on because turrets won't shoot asteroids down, even if a faction is hostile to neutral.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Don't forget to slap some shields on that asteriod.
    Shields and power don't work on asteroids, much to my extreme disappointment and dreams of ever having a small, secret listening post inside a large asteroid.

Since asteroids don't really have any essential core block, as long as they aren't hit by any large explosions or large shotgun arrays, they should be fine. They'll do less damage if a lot of blocks are ripped off, but still pretty damaging. And since people need to either turn to face it or manually control turrets, there isn't much chance of it happening.