Player and NPC Skins - Starmade

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    *Hello everyone, I'm hoping that with the new NPC features that are being introduced, we can hopefully assign specific skins to our crew to give them a more personalized feel, even if this isn't a possibility I still hope that my skinning project will be interesting to some people.*

*I have been told that this is a confirmed feature for later on down the line! Schine you guys never fail to impress! YAY!

I have began work on pilot skins, and I am making variations, or TIERS of the skins. Once I have finished on the pilot skins, I'll be moving onto officer, captain, and crew skins, then lastly misc skins (skins for roleplay and such).

Here's my TIER 4 Pilot skin
    (the actual skin Tier is no different from the other tiered skins, it's just for appearance and meta purposes).

The main differences from the skins like I mention are purely cosmetic, but I'd hope that maybe one day, different skins could have effects/buffs connected to them, for example, my TIER 3 skins helmet does not have the lights on the helmet, but the TIER 4 version does, so (like the flashlight already in the game) the helmet would light up an area without the need of actually bringing a flashlight, and filling your hotbar with a light since the helmet already has one built in! Same goes for the backpack, or for my example, jetpack, which would allow you to move faster whilst in space (using another feature already in the game, the faster speed setting you access in build mode).

This is small scale stuff, and most likely more trouble than it's worth (to code into the game), but I have been giving it a lot of thought in regards to the character and NPC side of things, rather than the logic, and ship and stations building stuff!

Anyways, I will be updating this post with more images, and stuff as I go, and please, feel free to share your ideas too!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Started work on the hero skins for the pilots! A hero skin being, a skin with a full face visible, rather than just the eyes. Currently I am working on male faces at the moment (sorry to any girl Starmade players). Here is the stubble covered skin head, Ben Ephla....me!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    When you going to make the soldier in your sig a skin?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    I've started on them, but they look funky with the helmet, gonna wait till the skin model overhaul Thadius

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    I have another hero skin completed, I have named this skin, Borst, and very loosely based the skin on my good friend ToasterBorst. If you are so inclined to see what ToasterBorst looks like you can check him out on twitch, he streams daily so you are bound to catch a glimpse of his majestic beard at some point throughout the week!!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Well I've been messing with the emissive lighting layer to make key areas still be visible even when in shadow, also this works pretty good if you want to create armor shine and such, just having some fun! Here's my current skin progress! - Grim Skin -

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    In the run up to the release of Star Wars Force Awakens, I took it upon myself to make myself a New Order Stormtrooper Skin, with the Finn (John Boyega) face underneath the helmet! Thoughts?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    In the run up to the release of Star Wars Force Awakens, I took it upon myself to make myself a New Order Stormtrooper Skin, with the Finn (John Boyega) face underneath the helmet! Thoughts?

Looks legit.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    These look fantastic! I have no idea why this thread never got more attention. Your intention to detail is incredible. I wish schema could get you to make skins in some official capacity because yours blow everything else out of the water.

Reaction score
    That's awesome! If you ever have the time, a First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper skin would be amazing, but I don't want to trouble you at all.