Planets should be of more use/Encourage making bases that aren't invincible

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If there was sort of long lasting, yet difficult to attain resource from a planet, that was necesarry to expand your faction, I think it would solve the annoying problem of factions having a single invincible planet.

Factions would build outposts on these planets to harvest this resource, and also do their best to make it defendable when no one is near it. (ie turrets, drone swarms in orbit)

Just something that could help improve faction warfare
    (right after the obviouse problem of letting only trusted people into your clan, because they might grief, groups will never become very big with this problem, because if some spiteful person infiltrates their group, they can just hop in a build block and ruin their base. I think someone already suggested this, but adding a module that allows only a certain rank to use buildblocks, ships, computers, etc.)

Reaction score
    What if planets had a random ore attributed to them and you could build mines that would generate ore every hour? That way it\'d make sense to try and occupy as many planets as possible and people would actually fight over planets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    yea but eventually people just get tons of money and ores aren\'t important

I was thinking something like for every captured planet it would allow you to raise implied faction ship roof

as in like at first you can only have 5 faction friendly ships, but now you can have 20

or just member count

Reaction score
    Or saria, you could make planets much MUCH bigger so they hold so much more ores, needed to make bigger ships. That would make planets more useful And make people fight over planets. Honestly I just wish planets were more important (through ores) as I believe that would have HUGE potential for creating role-play. Also I would just really like bigger planets.

Reaction score
    Or saria, you could make planets much MUCH bigger so they hold so much more ores, needed to make bigger ships. That would make planets more useful And make people fight over planets. Honestly I just wish planets were more important (through ores) as I believe that would have HUGE potential for creating role-play. Also I would just really like bigger planets.

Reaction score
    That doesn\'t contradict me at all, I would LOOOOOOOOOVE bigger planets. But having them produce a tangible resource that doesnt require strip-mining them with planet eaters would be pretty great too.

Reaction score
    What if planets had a random ore attributed to them and you could build mines that would generate ore every hour? That way it\'d make sense to try and occupy as many planets as possible and people would actually fight over planets.

Exactly.

yea but eventually people just get tons of money and ores aren\'t important

That\'s why you make them important. They need to be the base component in factory systems so nothing can be made without them. So you take out the protein and processors etc. (everything between ore and final product) out of the shop, and just leave their recipes for sale. AMCs, thrusters and other will still be purchasable, but for a much higher price than what they are now. That way you have to mine ores to make stuff. For example:

You are playing minecraft and you want to make an iron helmet. You have mined the ores, smelted them, and made your helmet. Now you want to make some iron boots. You see your friend Tomatohead selling iron boots across the street. Instead of mining for ores, you just buy the iron boots from him for a lowish price.

This defeats the purpose of mining. I suggest that the final product (AMCs, thrusters, etc) should have a much higher price than what they are now. This would encourage mining and make factories actually important.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I think Schema should allow home base invulnerability to be an option. Also being able to turn off homebases listed in faction menu would be nice so they are not known to everyone

Yes Planets should have trade posts on them (maybe not all of them) or be able to be built that has it own natural demands. So for example an Arid planet would naturally demand water and plants from a Terran like planet. The surrounding space shops in that area should be influenced as well. That way natural trade paterns can be developed. When products reach their saturation point the price drops and then recovers over a specified lenght of time like a day. Then you have to find other things to trade with other sectors.

There would also be player demand for specific items made with factories and over time where these items are produced bought and sold will help to develop an interstellar player economy in addition to the already built in economy with planet types and surrounding shops.