Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    However, there should be one stat, on both the weapons and ammunitions, that would primarly serve as a way to make sure factions can make ammo that just their weapons can shoot, namely caliber.

This would be simpler if it was just a number you enterd in said weapon and bullet editor, these numbers would have to mach or else the ammo is useless for the gun or vice versa, caliber would also affect all other stats. this would be enter as [Bullet_Diameter]x[Cartridge_Lenght] so for example 9x19 is your regular standard 9mm handgun/SMG round in the westworld (Used in weapons like M9 berretta and MP5), however 9x18 is the Russian standard 9mm (Used in the Makarov PM pistol and the PP-19 Bizon) and a weapon that shoots 9x19 can ovbilsly not shoot a shorter cartridge like the 9x18 nor a bullet that is larger or smaller then 9mm across.

Reaction score
    The idea of personal combat is awesome but there seems like there is still a lot to do to make the game completely functional. But I do agree that it would be an awesome aspect if added. Also I love when people say they would get in and easily take out a crew and then the ship. As if the owner of the ship wouldn\'t fill it with robotic soldiers and anti-personnel turrets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    we will have to keep this idea afloat then. It is never to late to suggest things, they could be implemented next week or one or two weeks or months after release. stuff is bound to change!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I disagree with building weapons out of mini-blocks, Personally I agree with Xeno_Strikers idea that you texture weapons the same way you retexture your skin. That way everyone can have weapons unique to their skin, without having to code in something complicated, like cubeworlds weapon editor, which I feel would take away from actual starmade gameplay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i like the parts about firearms the most in this thread, don\'t get me wrong everything else is good and the Mechs & \"Billys\" are second to firearms but this is only my optinion, there was some talk about a voxel editor to make said weapons in. And if you are keeping up with the news you must have seen the new weapon chart so why wouldn\'t we be able to do the same for weapons

This is just some brainstorming

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really nice start! I think that the categories should be: rapid fire(machine gun), heavy fire(rifle), long range(sniper), explosive(rocket/grenade launcher), and multiple fire(shotgun). My catagories are directly related to the effects that the new weapon system does.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    this took me like 1 hour to make, and it\'s way to simple for that amount of time!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Maybe this weekend I\'ll create one with my ideas and we can compare the two to make something everyone likes. Overall you have a really good idea that I support.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    High-Explosive Lasers could be an interesting addition, like weak missiles.

Of course, that could just be added to the new weapons-systems update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    when i was making that chart i didn\'t intend to make it look like X+Y=Z ofcourse there should be extra stuff like selecting projectile type (Kinetic/Bullets Energy/lasors ect ect) and stuff like that, so what the guns does still depends on what you build it of like discussed previusly in this thread i think!

Reaction score
    I feel like these are all thing that will be added to the game but it\'s just a matter of time. Remember Starmade is still alpha.