Personal Armor

Reaction score
    Tired of not being able to do anything while not in a ship? While a person in a space suit usually cant do very much a person in a power suit can. I know that Starmade is largely focused on a persons ship or sips but it also has allot of potential for you to do things while not in a ship. Some of these things cant very well be done right know in Starmade's current edition but in the future. I can see Starmade being a Minecraft-Skyrim in space, that is to say there are multiple different factions, not just trading guild and pirates, that could be hostile or friendly to each other. These factions would have different goals, stories, and missions. If you so choose you could even have the option to make your own faction. To clarify, when i say faction i more mean a space empire with cities, on and off planets, outposts, bases, prisons, and many more fun and exciting things to do and explore. But that's a whole other topic. While space fights in ships are fun you could also have ground based fights with all the guns that Schema has been adding. You could also simply show off your suit while getting a mission from a guy in the back corner of a city bar. What i'm suggesting with the suits is something in the realm of Power Suits from Tekkit. 2014-09-21_09.32.29_2.png Just more in-depth. That meaning you could have several options of armor sets with different base armor ratings, weights, looks, ect. Then you could change the color of the suit, put decals on it, and customize it with the an array of mods more extensive then what they have in Tekkit today. This suggestion is an end game idea but it is good to have those in mind while the game is still in its early stages. Starmade has allot of potential, i just hope schema realizes that.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    >from Tekkit

...you mean...
    IndustrialCraft^2?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I agree, and Schema has said that armor shall be added later into the game

Reaction score
    ^ Did he? Well damn, can't wait.

Need something to subtract from the rockets constantly being fired at me

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    I approve if this greatly:
    We's getting powah arma? I kant wait to be mekkin some karnage wif da boyz wiv dem!

I hope when the game is fully released we have some kind of ammo system, due to being sniped or rocketed ever 30 seconds

Reaction score
    What if we could also customize are weapons with attachments and skins.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    With mini blocks I literally mean miniblocks. You will be able to use them to make a custom armor, and different blocks will have different stats, and more will obviously be better.

Reaction score
    Then your basically building a suit sized mech. What if you had a armor building station that you create the armor in, with the mini blocks. that way you have your own highly personalized armor that will look like armor because it can move.

Reaction score
    i think that planets should be reworked and how we have npcs add them in so we spawn on a planet not in space and we build up form planets but plants should be a lot bigger or come in different sizes and making mechs could be cool but only if there is huge cites or stations for like defending inside stations and down low on planets would add another aspect of the game and i think that we should also need oxygen which would make the game much more interesting you can take out someones life support and make them shuttle breath or even die if not repairs but make it a lot harder to repair systems

Sorry when off topic

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I recognize that armor..

Yes, there's likely to be armor added in eventually. It might even be sensitive to your faction IE if you drop the armor and an ally pick it up to put it on it'll look like their faction's version even thought you made it. Mini blocks are a way off I suspect. For now I think weapons will have sockets you can drop regular blocks into to change its behavior. Like drop 2 beam unit, a beam controller, 2 overdrive units and their overdrive controller into a rocket launcher and you have a super fast lock on rocket launcher.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    why fight on the ground when you can just put your mothership or even a smaller ship over the planet and destroy everything on the planet from space. It is easy wiping everything on the planet from space. To make so people don't destroy everything from space there needs to be a reason why they should land on a planet and capture it by ground troops.
    • the civilisation has rare resources in their structures.
    • You can use the people on the planet as slaves.
    • Hard for big ships to fly in the gravity of planets
    • The planets gravity is 2km so big ships have to go into the planets gravity to fire at it
    Conclusion before we get amour there needs to be a reason to fight on the ground and capture places

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We already have a reason. It's called GLADIATOOOOOOOOR!!!
    There are enclosed faction protected structures perfect for PvP FPS style arenas. People don't need a reason to fight. Just the capacity. And the game now supports it out of the box. Rocket Arena anyone?

Reactions: jayman38

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    People don't need a reason to fight. Just the capacity. And the game now supports it out of the box.
    This isn't pokemon. No one here NEEDS a reason to shoot another illusory being's face off with their own illusory being's laser pistol. Two dudes, two guns. That's all we want.