Personal Armor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    we could make those weapons swords can be made with lava block where the blade is

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The balancing of the armor would be really hard with all the customization but in the end it would be completely worth it.
    List So Far:
    -oxygen
    -power reactor modules
    - shield rechargers
    -hull and hardened hull
    -plex storages
    -disintegrators...
    -leaves and wood for cameo
    -lava for physical combat
    Let me add these:
    -several types of melee weapons : plasma sword, normal sword, punch, various types of weapons, like axes.
    -moment assist, jump ,run , jet pack, flight control, walk assist, boost, ect.
    -shields, like on ships
    -armor plating( ie. the hulls mentioned earlier)
    -advanced optics, for helmet
    -shields that are hand held
    -cloaking
    I hope this list becomes much longer. =)
    thrusters: jetpacks
    radios: to chat in space

But first schema has to make walking feel... smoother, like in first person shooters. Walk faster, jump faster and fall faster, please.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    thrusters: jetpacks
    radios: to chat in space

But first schema has to make walking feel... smoother, like in first person shooters. Walk faster, jump faster and fall faster, please.
    This might just be me, and everyone might hate me for saying this, but I don't think starmade should feel like a FPS game (It is a space sandbox after all)

Reaction score
    IMO starmade has 3 sides:

1. development planning planets stations all that madness
    2. space battles: from giant supercapitals to 4-block fighters, this is what everyone's focusing on since the dawn of starmade
    3. ground / ship battles: a first person shooter with customizable armor and weapons

Reaction score
    So we're just focusing on improving the third one. My question was referring to Creeper_God's post by the way.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm thinking you should be able to craft armored variations of the space suit, which can be changed by your skin to look different. Then, you can augment the suit with 'augmentations' created using X amount of blocks. I'm thinking around 4-6 augmentations allowed.

Here's a list of possible augmentations
    • Power Augment : Increases your suit's power. This assumes the astronaut will have suit power like a ship needed to fire hand held weapons and use other augments.
    • Thrust Pack Augment : Gives you a jet pack, allowing you to move around more easily in space, and jump higher / fly short distances in gravity.
    • Shield Augment : Gives your player a weak personal shield. Crafted half and half with rechargers and capacitors unlike the other augments which are full of their related block.
    • Hull Augment (Light/Heavy) : Provides the player with a second layer of health and damage resistance, but decreases walk speed. The Heavy augment is more powerful than the Light augment, but decreases walk speed more.
    • Salvager Augment : Doubles hand held salvager beam length and cuts salvage time in half.
    • Headlamp Augment : The player gives off light from the front of their helmet, making it easier to see in dark areas.
    • Storage Augment : Gives the player a larger internal suit backpack.
    • Fire Proofing Augment : Gives the player immunity to taking damage from lava.
    • Oxygen Tank Augment : If atmosphere systems are ever added, this would increase the amount of air your astronaut can hold.
    Those are just a few possibilities for augmentations.

For hand held weapons, I think they should be built using microblocks, with stats scaled appropriately. I think that the weight and length of a gun should affect the speed the astronaut can equip it, turn with it, zoom down sights (if applicable), etc. I think only decorative blocks, weapon blocks, and effect blocks should be allowed to be used, or that if shield blocks and such are kept because some players could use them for aesthetics, they should do nothing. Non-functional blocks on guns should weigh nothing, so players can put their guns in shells without worrying about losing an advantage.

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm thinking you should be able to craft armored variations of the space suit, which can be changed by your skin to look different. Then, you can augment the suit with 'augmentations' created using X amount of blocks. I'm thinking around 4-6 augmentations allowed.

Here's a list of possible augmentations
    • Power Augment : Increases your suit's power. This assumes the astronaut will have suit power like a ship needed to fire hand held weapons and use other augments.
    • Thrust Pack Augment : Gives you a jet pack, allowing you to move around more easily in space, and jump higher / fly short distances in gravity.
    • Shield Augment : Gives your player a weak personal shield. Crafted half and half with rechargers and capacitors unlike the other augments which are full of their related block.
    • Hull Augment (Light/Heavy) : Provides the player with a second layer of health and damage resistance, but decreases walk speed. The Heavy augment is more powerful than the Light augment, but decreases walk speed more.
    • Salvager Augment : Doubles hand held salvager beam length and cuts salvage time in half.
    • Headlamp Augment : The player gives off light from the front of their helmet, making it easier to see in dark areas.
    • Storage Augment : Gives the player a larger internal suit backpack.
    • Fire Proofing Augment : Gives the player immunity to taking damage from lava.
    • Oxygen Tank Augment : If atmosphere systems are ever added, this would increase the amount of air your astronaut can hold.
    Those are just a few possibilities for augmentations.

For hand held weapons, I think they should be built using microblocks, with stats scaled appropriately. I think that the weight and length of a gun should affect the speed the astronaut can equip it, turn with it, zoom down sights (if applicable), etc. I think only decorative blocks, weapon blocks, and effect blocks should be allowed to be used, or that if shield blocks and such are kept because some players could use them for aesthetics, they should do nothing. Non-functional blocks on guns should weigh nothing, so players can put their guns in shells without worrying about losing an advantage.
    Ok @Lecic just summed up exactly what I think perfectly and probably better than I could have done it.

Reactions: Lecic