Personal Armor

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This isn't pokemon. No one here NEEDS a reason to shoot another illusory being's face off with their own illusory being's laser pistol. Two dudes, two guns. That's all we want.
    Welcome to the wild west. We hope you brought tbe biggest gun. Have a nice stay*
    *For as long as it lasts.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, I think if the ability to board and capture or sabotage ships is reason enough to engage in personal combat, and it's something that a lot of people would like to see added to the game. Obviously there would be ways to defend against this, like posting NPC guards (that's already in the game!) and maybe little perimeter defense turrets. Anyway, it would be fun.

Reaction score
    I would prefer it if you could build your armor like a ship only with smaller blocks, kinda like how the weapons are planned. Would add to the general voxel universe and make everyone happy since people can build whatever armor they want.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I would prefer it if you could build your armor like a ship only with smaller blocks, kinda like how the weapons are planned. Would add to the general voxel universe and make everyone happy since people can build whatever armor they want.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/astronaut-spacesuits-weapons-built-from-blocks.2158/

here's a thread about exactly that! Take a read, and make a bump-post explaining what you agree/disagree with. Pleas, and thanks, of course. ;)

Reaction score
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/astronaut-spacesuits-weapons-built-from-blocks.2158/

here's a thread about exactly that! Take a read, and make a bump-post explaining what you agree/disagree with. Pleas, and thanks, of course. ;)
    Last post was in July. Sorry , you're gonna have to make a new thread, since I can't bump it without necrothreading. Or wait till Saturday when I make a new one with pictures (gonna take a lot of work, probably won't be up till Sunday). Sorry mate

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Last post was in July...
    fixed? Creating new threads about the SAME topic is like multy-posting in quick succession in the same thread: They are by common practice MERGED to keep things readable. ;)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We shouldn't necro because of old outdated info in the first 13 pages of a 13 month but no year old thread.
    The thread in question had only one short page, thus I don't see much of a problem.

BTW: Try to find the easter-egg in my post :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Personally, I think armor should be skin-based, with slots that can be augmented with various modules, and guns mini-block based.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think armor and weapons should have set stats for each role and the player can only customize what the weapon/armor looks like. otherwise we end up with the armor/gun equivelent of doom cubes.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think armor and weapons should have set stats for each role and the player can only customize what the weapon/armor looks like. otherwise we end up with the armor/gun equivelent of doom cubes.
    Not doom-cubes ... MC-blockheads! (you know MineCraft?)

No. Just Limit the number of blocks and add a limit based on rating.
    Give each block a rating - if it has none, 0.1 is assumed. Hull has a bit more, active (weapon, power, shields, ...) may have 1

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pretty sure that's already planned, but don't expect that soon as currently the development is focused on ships and galaxy design other then player items (we got rocket launchers and sniper rifles though). Adding armour would probably require some major inventory changes.

Reaction score
    why fight on the ground when you can just put your mothership or even a smaller ship over the planet and destroy everything on the planet from space. It is easy wiping everything on the planet from space. To make so people don't destroy everything from space there needs to be a reason why they should land on a planet and capture it by ground troops.
    • the civilisation has rare resources in their structures.
    • You can use the people on the planet as slaves.
    • Hard for big ships to fly in the gravity of planets
    • The planets gravity is 2km so big ships have to go into the planets gravity to fire at it
    Conclusion before we get amour there needs to be a reason to fight on the ground and capture places
    Yes this is an End game idea. But its good to have your end in mind.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • the civilisation has rare resources in their structures.
    And you can not use precision lasers due to what?
    Maybe the atmosphere glitches projectile and beam directions like a lense?

• You can use the people on the planet as slaves.
    NO. There will always be a guy with a stronger gun portentially slaving YOU!

• Hard for big ships to fly in the gravity of planets
    Very realistic.
    Very nice Idea @starhaiden
    The big ships may be optimized for thrust on their long axis and should generally utilize anti-gravity effects (which could be very power-draining). That in combination with diminishing thrust...

• The planets gravity is 2km so big ships have to go into the planets gravity to fire at it
    Then the gravity has to start when you put your weapon-nose into it.
    Use bounding-box? May glitch a ship with long antenna.

Maybe for this case we could have
    distance == ship.midPos{xx, yy, zz} - planet.pos{xx, yy, zz}
    distance < (gravity,radius + ship.size{x *sin(roll)} + ship.size.{y *sin(1-pitch) *sin(1-roll)} + ship.size.{z *sin(pitch)})

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My take on personal armour, seen in my customising player weapons is...

Augmentation slots!

You can put all the stuffs in there (meaning stuff like power reactor modules, shield rechargers etc), including hull and hardened hull.

Coloured hull will tint your player, but the tint commands override all that.

Hulls give your player extra armour towards damage, like the piercing effect computer (aahh... *hugs piercing effect computer tight*)

also, there would be non-augmentation armour slots, like in minecraft. HELMET IS FINALLY EASY TO PUT ON! Just drag it into the head slot![DOUBLEPOST=1411740042,1411739969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    With mini blocks I literally mean miniblocks. You will be able to use them to make a custom armor, and different blocks will have different stats, and more will obviously be better.
    Voxy (foxy?) little voxels?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Indeed, tiny voxels. And it wouldn't lag too much because it would only have to load the visible blocks and the stats. And that would be a one time thing.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    would you be able to build plex storages in the amour?
    "I am.... Plex man." *walks on stage, armor is entirely made of plex storages. millions of items begin to spew out of the armor. everyone else drowns in the item flood.*

Reaction score
    "I am.... Plex man." *walks on stage, armor is entirely made of plex storages. millions of items begin to spew out of the armor. everyone else drowns in the item flood.*
    H'oh yes. I want that as a weapon. Plus: With disintegrators...

ALLAHU AKBAR

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ideas for amour
    • disintegrators for suicide bombers
    • leaves and wood for cameo
    • lava for physical combat
    • power modules to be recharger man or women

Reaction score
    The balancing of the armor would be really hard with all the customization but in the end it would be completely worth it.
    List So Far:
    -oxygen
    -power reactor modules
    - shield rechargers
    -hull and hardened hull
    -plex storages
    -disintegrators...
    -leaves and wood for cameo
    -lava for physical combat
    Let me add these:
    -several types of melee weapons : plasma sword, normal sword, punch, various types of weapons, like axes.
    -moment assist, jump ,run , jet pack, flight control, walk assist, boost, ect.
    -shields, like on ships
    -armor plating( ie. the hulls mentioned earlier)
    -advanced optics, for helmet
    -shields that are hand held
    -cloaking
    I hope this list becomes much longer. =)