Opinion on EE 2.0

Do you want EE (Traditional EE as followed by the server post) To go Forward...

• EE is needed for the community.

Votes: 37 80.4%
    • Nope EE is no longer necessary due to EI.

Votes: 3 6.5%
    • I like EI better, scrap the whole thing.

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alright people... I'm going to lay out why it took so long for us to ask for funds.

In the beginning of the EE 2.0 Project we believed that the hardware we had assembled was sufficient. We were proved wrong through some stress testing thanks to some of the Old Elwyn Players. It handles a light load perfectly but when loading massive amounts of data with the size of the creations we expect on EE2. The system begins to bog down which if we're having a server that doesn't reset and encourages large ship combat. We HAVE to have a top of the line system.

Lets fast-forward a few months from our initial beta tests in October/November. After I myself investing 1200-1400$ of my personal money into the system my financial situation changed slightly. That is why I asked for help to raise the last couple hundred dollars to get the hardware that will allow faster load-ups to the sectors, your ships, and allow faster changes to save sectors, and reduce over all lag.

Yes it has taken me a while. But I'm not being paid to do this. I am a University Student that has responsibilities outside of the game. I have people helping me but it's all a team effort. Please don't start crap on my thread. This was meant to be a discussion on the viability of a long standing EE as I am still matching donations that are trickling in now.

Reaction score
    Alright people... I'm going to lay out why it took so long for us to ask for funds.

In the beginning of the EE 2.0 Project we believed that the hardware we had assembled was sufficient. We were proved wrong through some stress testing thanks to some of the Old Elwyn Players. It handles a light load perfectly but when loading massive amounts of data with the size of the creations we expect on EE2. The system begins to bog down which if we're having a server that doesn't reset and encourages large ship combat. We HAVE to have a top of the line system.

Lets fast-forward a few months from our initial beta tests in October/November. After I myself investing 1200-1400$ of my personal money into the system my financial situation changed slightly. That is why I asked for help to raise the last couple hundred dollars to get the hardware that will allow faster load-ups to the sectors, your ships, and allow faster changes to save sectors, and reduce over all lag.

Yes it has taken me a while. But I'm not being paid to do this. I am a University Student that has responsibilities outside of the game. I have people helping me but it's all a team effort. Please don't start crap on my thread. This was meant to be a discussion on the viability of a long standing EE as I am still matching donations that are trickling in now.
    understandable, don't stress ;)

I think its time to appreciate the good life we all have and be...

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

Actually, thanks to lots of people's help, expecially Zackey, Zoro, Arkazan, and you, I have been able to clear away basically all the misunderstandings that had drawn all the hate here.

3 cheers for the power of assumptions! (Le Sigh)

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    some of us have trouble with half measures, and would legitimately rather the "slight instability" of 50m+ ships doombricking around.
    Seems counterintuitive, but hard limitations throw the balance towards factions with high manpower (coupled with the overwhelming diplomatic power that gives them). And should a small faction/single player win a big fight and makes a certain beloved faction ragequit again, who gives a shit? :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I don't think man power is as big of an issue now that we have fleets. It's definitely still an advantage, but not as big of one.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It will still be an issue, until fleets can use jump drive.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I don't think man power is as big of an issue now that we have fleets. It's definitely still an advantage, but not as big of one.
    And when they actually work properly I'll agree lol
    but both AI and the Fleet system still have a lot of issues to iron out before I'll spend much time/blocks/credits on them (And then there's Maxajax who is making good use of it to prove me wrong with dem overdrive drones)