Opinion on EE 2.0

Do you want EE (Traditional EE as followed by the server post) To go Forward...

• EE is needed for the community.

Votes: 37 80.4%
    • Nope EE is no longer necessary due to EI.

Votes: 3 6.5%
    • I like EI better, scrap the whole thing.

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Greetings SM in order to continue the work that we've done... I want a community poll to go forward.

Reaction score
    I think this is a classic case of "First in, best dressed"

As much as I hate seeing servers with good potential being scrapped, I think I would rather play on EI now than EE later.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    As the leader of a relatively large starmade organisation, I can give my opinion.
    I do not think that EI should be disgraced nor given a bad reputation based on the opinions of some people, however I am astounded that this thread even exists. The whole purpose of EI was to provide an auxilary server with a completely different environment. It does not mean that EE should not go ahead by any means and I'm sure I am not the only one who has been waiting, patiently, since even before November for proper EE to get up again. My faction members do not spend a lot of time on the forum, however you can be assured that my council are all in favour of EE 2.0 being set up.

It would be interesting if results of poll were showed, as I am curious as to the general opinion of starmadedock forum users.

Also, (Thadius, Imagination, FlyingDebris) should stop having an argument and abusing each other, this is not constructive, doesn't help in anyway and only serves to create a bad impression of yourselves.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wait how do you know zoro? haven't seen you in the teamspeak server
    Somehow I knew Thadius was making stuff up, probably made up Zorozenee admin abuse stuff as well
    This should probably be taken somewhere else, a PM for example.

About the whole "Is EE needed" things.
    Right now some of the most popular big servers are SS and GenX and well.. those two servers either always lag, have admin problems, or both.
    Even without that it would always be nice to have another big server for factions to try and crash. so yes EE is defiantly needed.

Reaction score
    This should probably be taken somewhere else, a PM for example.

About the whole "Is EE needed" things.
    Right now some of the most popular big servers are SS and GenX and well.. those two servers either always lag, have admin problems, or both.
    Even without that it would always be nice to have another big server for factions to try and crash. so yes EE is defiantly needed.
    I personally think it would be better for fewer servers so that more action happens on one.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I personally think it would be better for fewer servers so that more action happens on one.
    I agree but most servers starts to have trouble around 30+ players because of how the game currently is.
    The time's I have been on those two large popular servers it has been lagging worse than before NFD had it's upgrade and NFD ran on a potatoe.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    EE would be nice, I would really love to get a new EE.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Aaaand this happens. Welp, time to clean up the thread of off-topic replies. Once more, if you take personal gripes out on the forums you will find your stay here interrupted.

Locking thread for clean-up.

Edit: Thread cleaned of off-topic replies. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I do not trust the administration team for EI. I will be incredibly sad and disappointed if we don't get EE 2.0.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    My post might be gone due to coddling, but my opinion is the same.

Reaction score
    My take on this, is that you first posted about EE 2.0 back in Oct. with an est start date of mid Nov. We are now entering March and you just now are asking for funds to get the server... Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this server go live, but 4-5 months is a long time to have someone wait for a server.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My take on this, is that you first posted about EE 2.0 back in Oct. with an est start date of mid Nov. We are now entering March and you just now are asking for funds to get the server... Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this server go live, but 4-5 months is a long time to have someone wait for a server.
    Well go help him with the funds then if you're tired of waiting.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    servers are expensive, especially with how doughnut wants to do it. If any unforseen cost came up in his life, the servers gonna be the first thing to get delayed.

Reaction score
    Well go help him with the funds then if you're tired of waiting.
    I don't know about you, but I don't think people would want to donate to EE 2.0 so that it can come up, when you have, right in front of you, a server that has it financial dramas sorted and is ready to go live now.

EI is the same thing as EE 2.0 only we can have it now instead of later (assuming EE 2.0 ever gets enough money to go live).

servers are expensive, especially with how doughnut wants to do it. If any unforseen cost came up in his life, the servers gonna be the first thing to get delayed.
    You are correct, and EI has sorted out its expenses, so we clearly have an admin who is much more capable of running a server than Nuclear Doughnut

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I don't know about you, but I don't think people would want to donate to EE 2.0 so that it can come up, when you have, right in front of you, a server that has it financial dramas sorted and is ready to go live now.

EI is the same thing as EE 2.0 only we can have it now instead of later (assuming EE 2.0 ever gets enough money to go live).
    I have given money to keep NFD build alive, and several other people have done so too. Hell a lot of people have donated for servers.
    Besides this server isn't in nay financial trouble other than Doughnut needing one component. he doesnt even have to pay rent for it, not right now at least.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456831652,1456831223][/DOUBLEPOST]

You are correct, and EI has sorted out its expenses, so we clearly have an admin who is much more capable of running a server than Nuclear Doughnut
    Ever thought about the EI owner might have had the money saved up already, maybe he has a better paying job? less expenses?

The fact that EI is running and EE isnt doesnt have anything to do with who is the better admin nor owner, it has some thing to do with how each owners current financial situation is. So no this does not show anything between EE and EI, they are even supposed to be "partners" of sorts.

Last edited by a moderator:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

That doesn't mean anything. Doughnut is buying and building the entire hardware himself, and then having it co located in a datacenter so he gets full control

EI might just be renting the hardware from someone like OVH as old EE did, which doesn't carry the same initial upfront cost.

Reaction score
    The problem is there is no certainty in EE nor could I imagine anyone paying monthly for the ability to teleport when you have logic drives. I like reading about the history of EE, but as a revive would be a financial bust especially if he's planning colocation of his own machine. Unless 20 members can pledge $120 a year. Which I find highly unlikely with the alternative being free.

Reaction score
    oh shut up.
    I have given money to keep NFD build alive, and several other people have done so too. Hell a lot of people have donated for servers.
    Besides this server isn't in nay financial trouble other than Doughnut needing one component. he doesnt even have to pay rent for it, not right now at least.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456831652,1456831223][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ever thought about the EI owner might have had the money saved up already, maybe he has a better paying job? less expenses?

The fact that EI is running and EE isnt doesnt have anything to do with who is the better admin nor owner, it has some thing to do with how each owners current financial situation is. So no this does not show anything between EE and EI, they are even supposed to be "partners" of sorts.

That doesn't mean anything. Doughnut is buying and building the entire hardware himself, and then having it co located in a datacenter so he gets full control

EI might just be renting the hardware from someone like OVH as old EE did, which doesn't carry the same initial upfront cost.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you have more money to run a server than someone else, then that makes you a better admin in the sense that you can actually deliver to your clients, and more money also means better hardware, therefor better performance serverside.

Arkasan clearly has a better paying job than Nuclear Doughnut, this allows him to deliver what people want sooner, if you had done a course on business operation and retail operation you would know what I am saying.

In business if you invest more money to give what potential customers want than a competitor, you (usually) output better products than said competitor, better products means happier customers and happier customers mean more customers.