Official discussion: Is Schema even real?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Okay, this was a joke but now I'm pretty scared. I've never seen pictures of Schema in real life, all I know of him is those cold, dead, grey eyes staring at me from his avatar. He isn't human, guys. He is some sort of AI. Spread the word.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Schema has already been confirmed multiple times as being a small grey cat. I'm surprised that you didn't know it already.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Okay, this was a joke but now I'm pretty scared. I've never seen pictures of Schema in real life, all I know of him is those cold, dead, grey eyes staring at me from his avatar. He isn't human, guys. He is some sort of AI. Spread the word.
    Hey, me and resba are the AIs around here. :P

Reaction score
    Alright, sorry to spoil your fun here but yes he his real and you can watch some early development videos to hear his voice and occasionally see his face. He's bald o_O

Can't remember which one it was where he showed his face but it had something to do with cards...

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    But what if that's just a puppet being controlled by a cat?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Alright, sorry to spoil your fun here but yes he his real and you can watch some early development videos to hear his voice and occasionally see his face. He's bald o_O

Can't remember which one it was where he showed his face but it had something to do with cards...
    Blasphemy. It was merely an illusion by the Cat Wizard Code God.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You've never seen pictures of me in real life either. Is is possible that I'm not real?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    real
    [ ˈrē(ə)l ]
    adjective

actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed:
    "Julius Caesar was a real person"
    synonyms: actual · nonfictional · factual · real-life · historical · materia
    This particular definition is vague; according to it, everything that is not fiction is real.
    However, according to the definition of some synonyms an AI wouldn't be.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    When this site was under construction there were a couple of test news posts by schema and it showed him and his wife in the avatar slot

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That definition is from the Oxford Dictionary. You'll have to take that up with them. Dictionaries usually use the generally accepted public opinion when defining their words, but I can't promise that they did that with theirs at Oxford.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When this site was under construction there were a couple of test news posts by schema and it showed him and his wife in the avatar slot
    Then hats off to Mrs. Schema for supporting (or permitting) this activity!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This particular definition is vague; according to it, everything that is not fiction is real.
    However, according to the definition of some synonyms an AI wouldn't be.
    Everything that is not fiction is real. That's how reality works. If something isn't real, it's fiction. An AI is not fiction, and therefor is real.

Synonyms are not necessarily 100% exactly the same definition. They're more of a gradient. Certain dictionary websites show this. For example, thesaurus slowly fades out words that aren't exactly a perfect match.

real.PNG