NuclearFun's Ships

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Don't you just love how with rails and shared shields you can basically spam good looking flavor turrets in addition to hella powerful large ones?

I somehow knew the Manticore would be the first to get the good stuff. Glorious!

Reaction score
    Don't you just love how with rails and shared shields you can basically spam good looking flavor turrets in addition to hella powerful large ones?

I somehow knew the Manticore would be the first to get the good stuff. Glorious!
    Totally agree, we will get so much more beautiful and powerful turrets out of it.

I have to admit though, i struggled to overcome my "minimize dimensions for docking area" mindset :D

Reactions: Mered4

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Totally agree, we will get so much more beautiful and powerful turrets out of it.

I have to admit though, i struggled to overcome my "minimize dimensions for docking area" mindset :D
    I never got into that mindset and I am SO GLAD I avoided it like the plague.

Well, with one exception: AMS turrets. I always made those to fit into a 9x9x9 box. :D

Reaction score
    Testing continues, i was hoping to release the refitted edition of the Manticore pretty soon but:
    a) there are still a few small errors in the ship
    b) i am still not sure on the amount of mass enhancers it actually needs.
    c) the rail system needs a few tweaks, i get massive lag and framerate drops when the AI in the turret activates to fight pirates
    d) in 10+ attempts not a single ship spawned without massive errors (mostly docking errors: missing turrets, turrets docked at the wrong spot,...)

On other news, i heard a lot of good things about paint.net... wanted to give it a try:

(got the inspiration to do a stat sheet from Thalanor )

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nuke, that is glorious! I dig your statsheet style. It is also unique, and the cross-section is innovative (I won't steal that).

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I will forward this information to the SCF department of salvage and plagiarism legal department.
    Additional idea: adding of interior maps to the cross-section.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Testing continues, i was hoping to release the refitted edition of the Manticore pretty soon but:
    a) there are still a few small errors in the ship
    b) i am still not sure on the amount of mass enhancers it actually needs.
    c) the rail system needs a few tweaks, i get massive lag and framerate drops when the AI in the turret activates to fight pirates
    d) in 10+ attempts not a single ship spawned without massive errors (mostly docking errors: missing turrets, turrets docked at the wrong spot,...)

On other news, i heard a lot of good things about paint.net... wanted to give it a try:

(got the inspiration to do a stat sheet from Thalanor )
    paint dot net is great. it does everything except for pressure sensitivity. lol.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    +1 for Paint.NET, also my program of choice.

BTW Nuke, the extreme fps drop is not the fault of your turrets, don't bother trying to fix it. I experience the same thing on a much much smaller ship with around 20 point defense and 2 missile turrets, and there was no collision with the mothersghip at any time.

Edit: What also happens is that spawning a blueprint sometimes has rails turrets flying off in random directions as if bumped with massive force.

I guess the rails turrets are not optimized yet, but we can assume that will happen.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Still trying to solve problems with the blueprints...

Firestorm heavy missile turrets A4 - most of what can be seen is the base part, the little protruding spire in the very middle with the camera is the only part of the barrel that can be seen.
    I did not got too fancy as i wanted to preserve the look of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Still trying to solve problems with the blueprints...

Firestorm heavy missile turrets A4 - most of what can be seen is the base part, the little protruding spire in the very middle with the camera is the only part of the barrel that can be seen.
    I did not got too fancy as i wanted to preserve the look of the ship.
    so the only thing that swivels up and down is the camera? That's cool, might do that on my destroyer

Reaction score
    so the only thing that swivels up and down is the camera? That's cool, might do that on my destroyer
    yes, if you are going to implement this you need to be aware of the weapon output (in this case it is situated just below the camera), it can be a little bit tricky with the collision and firing arcs (you somehow need more free space behind for the missile not to hit the base/ship - i hope that makes some sense ;) otherwise happy testing)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    will do captain, will do
    EDIT
    How do you link the computer from the camera to the tubes?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    (a) spawn blueprint
    (b) exit/warp away so sector is unloaded
    (c) come back in
    (d) ship is fine
    (e) realize blueprint is fine, it's a starmade bug, release the amazing update!

Reaction score
    (a) spawn blueprint
    (b) exit/warp away so sector is unloaded
    (c) come back in
    (d) ship is fine
    (e) realize blueprint is fine, it's a starmade bug, release the amazing update!
    ah damn it... i did forget to leave out step (a2) Null Pointer Exception :(

Reaction score
    ah damn it... i did forget to leave out step (a2) Null Pointer Exception :(
    Argh. That happened to me: a BP with tons of complex turrets would crash on load and continue crashing the sector for a while. Then the turrets would be messed. I solved it by taking another BP of the original. You'd think it wouldn't have made a difference but it did.

Anyhow if any turrets are consistently popping off. keep them off. Make a new one and put it there instead. That is the cause of your problem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Im impressed by how adaptive you are, i just CANT build a goodlooking turret actually... cant wait to see your updates ! i'll get inspired by your vertical launched missiles turrets... i Love the idea :)
    Keep going !

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the way you put your turret bases into the ship and not just stick 'em on top! Great work! :D