NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would you explain what happened? I did a lot of tests and the launch always worked as intended.
    Sure thing. I set the top turrets to Turret and Selected Target, and turned them on. I selected a Space Station and moved towards it, stopping at about 950m away. I opened fire with the missiles but the turrets weren't doing anything. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Reaction score
    Sure thing. I set the top turrets to Turret and Selected Target, and turned them on. I selected a Space Station and moved towards it, stopping at about 950m away. I opened fire with the missiles but the turrets weren't doing anything. Can you tell me what I did wrong?
    Ah... i think that is a bug with "fire at selected target" setting, i am sorry but that thing buggers me as well and i don't have a solution for that.
    I am not sure if cannon turrets work with that setting, have to test that...

They should work fine with the "fire at anything" setting (that is what you see in the gif i posted, i had a target set to pirate faction out in the distance).

Reaction score
    what happens with beam missle combo?
    also can logic acivate computers?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Farel17 shotgun beams and yes, logic can. But you can't have an activator in the hotbar so that function has very little uses.

NuclearFun Don't the swarm missiles just target everything? I remember that those fired by BDLS's turrets just curved back to hit his other turrets. Or is that just a turret specific problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    NuclearFun Don't the swarm missiles just target everything? I remember that those fired by BDLS's turrets just curved back to hit his other turrets. Or is that just a turret specific problem?
    yes, that is just with turrets, fired as a ship weapon the missiles will ignore everything docked to the ship (but they will target everything else, no friend or foe discrimination).

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh, that's GREAT new then!!! Seriously, missiles are by far my favorite weapon :D

Reaction score
    Hi!

At first i did not want to get in to the current station craziness ... and i still don't.

But i never built a station and that had to be changed, i started with an O'Neill Cylinder type station:
    Problem... Grass blocks have just one orientation, instead i used foliage to at least get the look from afar (it would be possible to circumvent that problem by implementing the habitats as docked ships). The directional gravity though works great.

not sure if i'll ever finish it...

Reaction score
    Hi there!

just a small update:

While the carrier progress is very slow i did a little experiment with the manticore, not sure which version to prefer... (but the second has heavier turrets and a little bit more shielding).
    Also the logic systems needed a small update.

the carrier.

Reaction score
    Hi, i am still here ;-)

I put the carrier on hold as i had not as much fun building it as necessary... but i started a new build with a few features from the carrier.
    Funny enough i have the most success and fun when i start building with just a basic idea instead of planning ahead.

btw: the new copy/paste feature is awesome, i used it alot for adjusting elements (or even change the core position)

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I still maintain that these are the best looking Box ships ever created.

I usually detest the rectangular prism designs, but these are just AMAZING. :D

Your WIP's, Nuc, look great. My question about that carrier:
    Is it carrying actionable drones (easily launched with AI) or player fighters (indoor hangars requiring navigation)?

Reaction score
    Hi, thanks. Those hangars are mostly for RP reasons and so more suited for player controls (AI fighters could maybe work with those hangars but they would be glitching as hell).

Reaction score
    WIP:
    A small update to the above posted hangar pic, it is my very usual hangar design with a little twist

the internal hangar, the fighter get stored in launch bays on the bottom

Launch bays and the big open hangar.

This time i am trying to get a more believable and practical ship interior with gravity tubes etc.

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Always loved your builds nuclearfun, I've gained a lot of inspiration from them ;)

Reaction score
    I demand an investigation. No human could build as marvellous as this. My theories are as follows,

• Supercomputer which was connected to the internet (probably from NASA)
    • Aliens, of course they know how to build spaceships
    • secret government organication
    • vampire (when you are immortal you have to have a hobby and he had all night to build!!!)

Reaction score
    Hi!

I have a lot of fun building on my current ship but it will take much more time, not much progress i can show yet but here is a small pic from the front (Heavy WIP):

Yay! It is a Battleship (maybe even a dreadnought)

It takes a lot from the manticore and while it may seem i am building the same ship over and over i just call that "personal style".

Speaking of style: a pretty nice article about spaceship design

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    lol, Well, you know I am a huge Babylon 5 fan.....

I must say, truly amazing work! :) and sorry for being late to the party. ;)

Reaction score
    thx!

lol, Well, you know I am a huge Babylon 5 fan.....
    I noticed that! :) (I love your shipyard page!)

I have a Centauri Vorchan and a Warlock needing updates and plans for a Primus... and someday when i feel confident enough i want to start on an Omega Destroyer.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    thx!

I noticed that! :) (I love your shipyard page!)

I have a Centauri Vorchan and a Warlock needing updates and plans for a Primus... and someday when i feel confident enough i want to start on an Omega Destroyer.
    Awesome! I have the Agamemnon ,but only the frame work for it..... Can't wait to see your Omega Destroyer ,when it comes time for that. And yea, I haven't tried the Vorchan yet.....but I do have the Centauri Balvarian Carrier in mind.....lol I have too much to do, and sorry for detracting from your thread....back on topic... Yeah Amazing work, And I thought your Warlock came out great! :) Also, I made a Sulaco from hand a loooong time ago, its on the old site... and can we fire Vertical for missiles when facing the comp a certain way? I'm not on my rig atm.... otherwise I would test this..