Nova Fleet Dynamics- Join today! [RECRUITING]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    ... How does the NFD get all the players?
    This is my observation.

A build server, and advertising a faction as a build server is considerably more attractive than advertising a faction as well, a faction. People want to build without issues, and socialize and a build server is an appropriate place to do so. Thus, it is natural NFD will recieve more members, and much greater diversity in their member regardless of faction record simply because they can openly say "We promote creativity by sharing our build server".

Of course, I do question whether the faction have any military presense in any other server, but as a recruitment drive, it is considerably more catchy than others (Including Vaygr and CR), as the "Odium Pact" 's reputation of destroying things efficiently (And in style :p) is known to the more experienced members of the starmade community.

If you are to ask a 1 post member who are the Vaygr, they will shake their heads. If you ask them who are NFD, they will respond, the build server. Simply a good placement for their faction. It also provides them with a "back up" in case of humiliating incidents.

For example, a faction like CR, Vaygr, TE, is based on their ability to win battles, etc. NFD, can base itself simply based on "creativity" rather than military might. By opening more than one channel to demonstrate power, it is a good setup.

Obviously not flawless, but it provides some distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Prime example for publicity, this post is the first post in this page by a newer member:

thanks! happy to be on the server!
    Though this setup does come with it's disadvantages, for example, in a conflict on a different server, they easily placed themselves in the situation where few people participate in PvP activity despite having such a large faction. (Case study: Rebel Alliance, star war faction with private, white-listed server whom did not come out to fight). That will be disappointing for some whom favor conflict, but appeal to the peace loving crowd.

Ofc, NFD appeals to a larger group of people, this is definitely undeniable.

:D

My penny :p

However, I do want to say this as a caveat to future participants of NFD build server in a dual faction role.

Your faction ships, etc, once posted on NFD server is solely based on the honor of the owner to keep confidential, and a conflict of interest may occur in case of war or other hostile incidents. This is by no means an accusation, but I would like to state this to help avoid any regret, angst, butthurt and eventual rage over failure to safeguard faction assets (blueprints)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This is my observation.

A build server, and advertising a faction as a build server is considerably more attractive than advertising a faction as well, a faction. People want to build without issues, and socialize and a build server is an appropriate place to do so. Thus, it is natural NFD will recieve more members, and much greater diversity in their member regardless of faction record simply because they can openly say "We promote creativity by sharing our build server".

Of course, I do question whether the faction have any military presense in any other server, but as a recruitment drive, it is considerably more catchy than others (Including Vaygr and CR), as the "Odium Pact" 's reputation of destroying things efficiently (And in style :p) is known to the more experienced members of the starmade community.

If you are to ask a 1 post member who are the Vaygr, they will shake their heads. If you ask them who are NFD, they will respond, the build server. Simply a good placement for their faction. It also provides them with a "back up" in case of humiliating incidents.

For example, a faction like CR, Vaygr, TE, is based on their ability to win battles, etc. NFD, can base itself simply based on "creativity" rather than military might. By opening more than one channel to demonstrate power, it is a good setup.

Obviously not flawless, but it provides some distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Prime example for publicity, this post is the first post in this page by a newer member:

Though this setup does come with it's disadvantages, for example, in a conflict on a different server, they easily placed themselves in the situation where few people participate in PvP activity despite having such a large faction. (Case study: Rebel Alliance, star war faction with private, white-listed server whom did not come out to fight). That will be disappointing for some whom favor conflict, but appeal to the peace loving crowd.

Ofc, NFD appeals to a larger group of people, this is definitely undeniable.

:D

My penny :p

However, I do want to say this as a caveat to future participants of NFD build server in a dual faction role.

Your faction ships, etc, once posted on NFD server is solely based on the honor of the owner to keep confidential, and a conflict of interest may occur in case of war or other hostile incidents. This is by no means an accusation, but I would like to state this to help avoid any regret, angst, butthurt and eventual rage over failure to safeguard faction assets (blueprints)
    I can assure you that we WILL NOT leak your ships saved to the server catalog. Even if you are at war with us. It has happened that people were banned from the server for warfare reasons. So saving your work to the local catalog is advised. But a top rule on our server is to leave faction politics at the door. This also counts for NFD members.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Which is why I stated clearly.

Not an accusation, but a caveat that it is purely based on honor of the owner (which currently I trust).

Reaction score
    I did not mean to be offended just making it clear before peeps turn away because they think we would steal stuff when we dont like them XD

Reaction score
    IGN: DragonFTW
    Desired role: military
    Why you chose us: I attempted to join the AA but was kicked on the first day after an accident so I join their enemy instead:)
    Other factions: was in the AA recruitment faction.
    Timezone:UTC+8
    What is your favorite style of shipbuilding?: pretty much the way you build.

Reaction score
    Lol, correction even as they may be my enemies. I wouldn't wish your trolling antics on anyone. he's a spy Debris and has done nothing but grief Odium and random factions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Lol, correction even as they may be my enemies. I wouldn't wish your trolling antics on anyone. he's a spy Debris and has done nothing but grief Odium and random factions.
    Yep.

There is a line between faction war, and stupid grieving.

DragonFTW had been starting ghost factions to grief.

Reaction score
    ... The first time it was an accident, the second time I went to recover my ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thank you creeper God.
    Ignored their advice completely.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Interesting read Mort, I actually never really thought of it that way before. Now, about the war and attacking thing, we can smash things just as good as the next guy, we just choose not to if possible.

As for the blueprint stealing, I believe TheFloorMatt made an excellent observation when he stated "Any faction that feels the need to steal blueprints is basically admitting that the other person's ships are superior to their own."

I will admit right now, I cannot think of any established faction that has not stolen blueprints. We've stopped doing that ever since our conversion from DFN to NFD.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I will admit right now, I cannot think of any established faction that has not stolen blueprints. We've stopped doing that ever since our conversion from DFN to NFD.
    Ridik.

Reaction score
    I don't take people ships from the catalog, but I do sometimes get a small warp ship or something, I don't keep it, but I do use it for when needed, its easy that way. Find a shop, spawn a warp ship, get to destination faster. When at the destination, just take it apart and sell the stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1417289741,1417289584][/DOUBLEPOST]I do build my own ships though for my own travel, only when I don't wanna spend 9999999 credits to get all the stuff and then end up not needing it when I get there.[DOUBLEPOST=1417289988][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually my first post was to apply for the faction, but noted! ;)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    How about the TE? We've never used stolen blueprints, we don't even take blueprints of defeated ships.

Reaction score
    btw the only reason I applied is because my friend was on the fac. he said it was good so I applied. If he didnt tell mt I'd be flying around trying to steal peoples stuff and use it for money. but now the experience is much more fun:p[DOUBLEPOST=1417290230,1417290198][/DOUBLEPOST]thanks to them I'm pretty rich now

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Incap, I actually remember one of your guys mentioning you had some of our ships during that incident with Unnamed, can't remember who though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.