• Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Could someone pls give the server a boot? I think I just crashed it :/

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think it was me, cuz I was cleaning up some of my blueprints. But I did a /force_save so everything should be fine

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Still not kicking again. :/

At this rate the pros of MP building are starting to be outweighed by the cons.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEE
    I'M RESTARTING IT!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A server reset sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking I'll give everyone a week to save all of their stuff. If you need a sector exported ask one of the admins that is online at the time to help you with it. JimmyJamba I'll take those suggestions into consideration and let you guys know if I change anything based on them.

Reactions: Captain Tankman

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    A quick word of note for people building here; There seems to be some kind of bug with buttons and activators, which prevents them from activating. I've noticed 2 ships that have this problem so far;
    ArgoContar Your WIP ship that was left in sector has a problem with a button found at relative location 7 9 -1 (Press Right shift on a block to see it's relevant to the core). It's been moved to the Sector -12 -12 -12 because it clutters the logs while it's loaded.

Nauvran Your CGS Advanced Fighter has a similar issue with an Activator at Relevant location 3 6 28. I removed the activator on this ship because I knew it was saved, it sits in -10 -10 -10 if you wanted to see which activator was causing issues.

I dont know if the bug stays with BPs or not, but the blocks could not be activated by hand or logic, i'd recommend checking your Blueprints/backups and seeing if there is an error with them.

Creeper__God if you could, could you finish processing NemNem's App.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I exported my sector under the CNY Zone

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A quick word of note for people building here; There seems to be some kind of bug with buttons and activators, which prevents them from activating. I've noticed 2 ships that have this problem so far;
    ArgoContar Your WIP ship that was left in sector has a problem with a button found at relative location 7 9 -1 (Press Right shift on a block to see it's relevant to the core). It's been moved to the Sector -12 -12 -12 because it clutters the logs while it's loaded.

Nauvran Your CGS Advanced Fighter has a similar issue with an Activator at Relevant location 3 6 28. I removed the activator on this ship because I knew it was saved, it sits in -10 -10 -10 if you wanted to see which activator was causing issues.

I dont know if the bug stays with BPs or not, but the blocks could not be activated by hand or logic, i'd recommend checking your Blueprints/backups and seeing if there is an error with them.

Creeper__God if you could, could you finish processing NemNem's App.
    hmm maybe I should delete all my other entities with rails that I got in my private sector

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    hmm maybe I should delete all my other entities with rails that I got in my private sector
    It just seems to be affecting some things, not all of them, and only seems to be buttons/activators. I should probably poke Lancake or someone about it.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It just seems to be affecting some things, not all of them, and only seems to be buttons/activators. I should probably poke Lancake or someone about it.
    sounds like a good idea.
    also welcome back to the forums

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yo server died again.

Wolfe spawned something big apparently. >_>

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Alright, I've scheduled the restart for Friday the 26th. The ENTIRE server is getting wiped. That means sectors, the catalog, the universe, everything. If you want a sector exported to be loaded back in after the reset, post it here so I can do so. If you want to save a blueprint, save it to local after doing /force_save to prevent anyone from losing any work in case it crashes from the blueprint being saved. If you have any ships in the catalog that you want to keep, spawn them in and save them to local so you can reupload them later. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You got a rough time on Friday? Morning? Afternoon? Night? Every time of day is right? God damn I feel old

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd say some time around Friday evening (EST) to give people as much time as possible to get their stuff saved. That said, I expect people to have it done ahead of time so I don't get clusterfucked with people trying to save their things at the last minute. By the way, I'd like to ask that you guys spread the word so everyone gets the heads up.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I guess docking ships to a station and local save that station blueprint will work just as fine, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.