• Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I say do it because another crash happened

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It crashed before I could save the progress on my ship so far so hold on please :P

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It would not be possible to do a wipe right here and now.
    People need to have time to save their entities and what else they have

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I would like sector 27 10 6 exported.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'd be game for a reset, but prior warning first pretty please!

I wonder if it might be an idea for people to go around where they keep ships in large quantities and save and delete them. Might be a bit of strain with saving lots, but i've found ships glitched through one another recently which almost definitely isnt helping. That or perhaps docking them on a massive checkerboard so they are fixed relative to each other?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The "phased" turrets issue doesnt help

Reaction score
    IGN- NemNem Graves

Why you want to join the server- I want to be able to build and play this game with Huggybear. He is my husband to be.

Example of your work- I'm very new to spaceship design so the best example of my work I can give you is a box. I fly boxes. Huggybear wants to teach me how to build a better ship so I don't fly around in a house. If you want a great looking house I can build that, but my ships need work.

Your favorite type of cake- All of them.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    By the way Shadow what did you do with that turret of mine you refit?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    If you do a reset can you save the ship : Fury Shipyard for me please :)

Reaction score
    FlyingDebris Creeper__God... If I could suggest a couple things that may or may not help:

1- Reduce the amount of total blueprints on the server (not sure if this has been done recently) Last time I was on there were so many blueprints in the admin list. I recommend lowering the blueprints allowed to 5 maybe? 10? I've been told in the past that this can contribute to overall load on the server (not sure if this is true)

2- Set up a spreadsheet on google drive where people can enter sectors they want to be saved in the case of a reset. 1 or 2 sectors per person, not sure why you would need more. If it's not in the doc, it doesn't get saved. This way a reset can be performed at any time and sectors can be imported with ease after said reset. It's as easy as copying and pasting the sectors from the spreadsheet into a bulk export file and all the sectors can be saved with one command. On top of that, with the amount of people with admin privileges it should be no issue having people import their own sectors for the most part. Saving them as "IGN_1" "IGN_2" and so on should make it even easier for people to import their own.

3- Recommend that everyone SAVE YOUR SHIPS/STATION TO LOCAL. This should be common sense while playing on a multiplayer server but people still forget/refuse to do it for one reason or another. This would further reduce the chance that anyone loses any of their hard work.

All this can be explained easily in the server message and will help give you the ability to perform a reset on short notice and fairly regularily if need be (which I might recommend)

Hope this helps, and I would be willing to help out if you need anything... just let me know.

JimE

Reactions: I_is_Tinsy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.