Not only is the wiki in shambles but...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yep. Starmadepedia.net is not the top result on google though (yet). We would all like to see that remedied.
    You can help out by making it a better wiki. Yesterday I edited a random page! I encourage everyone to, just once a day, press the random page and edit it to be better.

Reactions: jayman38

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can help out by making it a better wiki. Yesterday I edited a random page! I encourage everyone to, just once a day, press the random page and edit it to be better.
    I actually did some work on the door articles today and made them more complete, and fixed the outdated antimissile turret article that said beams were the proper weapon (they don't work at all anymore).

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    Glad to hear that.

In my opinion, the inconvenience of having to create yet another account trumps the inconvenience of not having an up to date wiki.
    In other words, I'd be much more inclined to contribute or do a few small fix edits here and there if I wouldn't have to create an account, remember another password (and not mix them up), and remember to log in separately whenever I visit the wiki.
    I don't think having a separate wiki account adds to the safety of my account info here, if authentication is done securely it shouldn't matter at all.
    If there is a need for different wiki accounts for different purposes, then by all means, create a new StarMade account for that purpose. My guess is most people wouldn't need a separate account, and contributions might be higher if the entry barrier is lower.

As for encrypting the wiki/forums connection, yes it may be insignificant, but it's simply nobody's business but mine and the site owner's what content I view. These days it isn't like back in 1995 when encryption was too resource intensive to even consider. Just indiscriminately encrypt everything.
    You make some good points, i'll check it out.
    Just wanted to say thanks for switching on encryption for SMD and the wiki, so... "Thanks!"

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    as some one whose spent an exorbitant amount of time working on the wiki i highly encourage everyone to at least look through the wiki and add some much needed information.

Over the past 11 months i've been trying to keep the wiki as up to date as possible. unfortunately i'm just one man and i hav other responsibilities too so help is greatly appreciated.

A good place for ppl to start is to create some new tutorials. Right now there is only 4 and only 3 of them are relevant. I've been meaning to create various "how-to" pages for in game things like gyro turrets, push drones/missiles, etc. small but useful stuff. I only know so much about the game so i was hoping that other players could add things that I don't know/ don't have the time to test out.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    as some one whose spent an exorbitant amount of time working on the wiki i highly encourage everyone to at least look through the wiki and add some much needed information.

Over the past 11 months i've been trying to keep the wiki as up to date as possible. unfortunately i'm just one man and i hav other responsibilities too so help is greatly appreciated.

A good place for ppl to start is to create some new tutorials. Right now there is only 4 and only 3 of them are relevant. I've been meaning to create various "how-to" pages for in game things like gyro turrets, push drones/missiles, etc. small but useful stuff. I only know so much about the game so i was hoping that other players could add things that I don't know/ don't have the time to test out.
    The amount of work you put into the wiki is amazing and greatly appreciated.
    I don't think I'm too great at writing articles, but I'd like to help with article maintenance - spelling, wording, links, that kind of stuff.

It may sound funny, but the one thing that's holding me back is the need to have to create another account; this is a serious entry barrier for me. I'm still hoping one day there will be a unified login via the registry.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    The amount of work you put into the wiki is amazing and greatly appreciated.
    I don't think I'm too great at writing articles, but I'd like to help with article maintenance - spelling, wording, links, that kind of stuff.

It may sound funny, but the one thing that's holding me back is the need to have to create another account; this is a serious entry barrier for me. I'm still hoping one day there will be a unified login via the registry.
    thank you. I appreciate any and all help. im not the best speller myself and my mind tends to move faster then my hands so i sometimes completely forgot to type a word when i though i did.

honestly the fact that i had to make another account didnt phase me. i just made it the same as the one i use here (probably not the best idea). since i have so much accounts online i hav a special booklet near my desk that i write down my log in information just in case i forget. Hopefully schine will one day merge the wiki accounts and the forum accounts through the registry but atm I think its just a minor inconvenience