Not only is the wiki in shambles but...

Reaction score
    ...the TV tropes page is too! Look at this trash:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/StarMade

A few lines of out of date information on the worlds' most important site on the worlds best game! Horrifying. Some Troper with an account needs to get it going. It's a big site with plenty of reach, and also has the wiki effect, where you google one thing and end up researching on the principles of fusion power.

But y'know what's worse? The wiki. I wanted to search for what asteroid contained what crystal, nothing there. So I laser pretty much everything and every asteroid to find this one crystal...

Look, my point is we need another wiki editing drive as the next community challenge. The devs are hard at work on this game so we should make a little effort too. Out of the THREE WIKIS, none of them have relevant or up-to-date information. I know the game changes often, but not all of it does and a lot is set in stone such as planet types or weapon systems.

And maybe cut 2 wiki's out? One is enough.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If memort serves me right, Someone was working on templates for the new wiki. But that was a while ago, and I expect the same speed as the chat system, but there is someone working on it (There is a badge called "Wiki Editor", so they do plan on leaving it up to the community I guess?)

Didnt know there was a TV tropes page though o -o makes me miss the old tentacle stations somehow xD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The wiki's not linked to from this sites menu are unofficial and controlled by entities other than schine. I totally agree however. I have been meaning to contribute all I've learned as a server admin to the more technical side of the official wiki. It will never be complete or near it though unless a lot of peeps get off our collective butts and throw our brain exrement in there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Wish I knew anything about this game besides placing blocks and somehow it works. I guess maybe when I get some free time I could put a bit of research into ship systems, seeing as they are my (Personal) specialty.

Reaction score
    Wish I knew anything about this game besides placing blocks and somehow it works. I guess maybe when I get some free time I could put a bit of research into ship systems, seeing as they are my (Personal) specialty.
    You could mine some planets and asteroids and make a page on what's in them. That's why I went to (all three) wikies.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Here you go:

Code:
    Asteroid                        Ore           Shard

Varis (green)                    Nacht         Nocx
    Chabaz (light brown)             Parstun       Parsen
    Dolom (white/gray)               Hital         Hattel
    Lukrah (pale yellow)             Fertikeen     Bastyn
    Larimar (blue)                   Sertize       Ramnet
    Cinnabar (red)                   Zercaner      Varat
    Tekt (dark gray)                 Jisper        Mattise
    Sugil (purple)                   Threns        Syntir
    I typed this over from an old paper note I made some time ago so feel free to correct any naming / spelling mistakes that maybe are in there. ;)

Happy holidays and best wishes for 2015,

Jan

Reaction score
    Here you go:

Code:
    Asteroid                        Ore           Shard

Varis (green)                    Nacht         Nocx
    Chabaz (light brown)             Parstun       Parsen
    Dolom (white/gray)               Hital         Hattel
    Lukrah (pale yellow)             Fertikeen     Bastyn
    Larimar (blue)                   Sertize       Ramnet
    Cinnabar (red)                   Zercaner      Varat
    Tekt (dark gray)                 Jisper        Mattise
    Sugil (purple)                   Threns        Syntir
    I typed this over from an old paper note I made some time ago so feel free to correct any naming / spelling mistakes that maybe are in there. ;)

Happy holidays and best wishes for 2015,

Jan
    Oh Larimar how rare you are, wish I could find an abundance of larimar..... Shields built off of the rarest asteroid :/

Reaction score
    Oh Larimar how rare you are, wish I could find an abundance of larimar..... Shields built off of the rarest asteroid :/
    Loool I build my base next 10 separate cluster, mostly blue asteroids. I got shields comin' out my fk'n ears mate!

You know what I need more of? Parsen, for lighting. I have a lack of LIGHTS in my near-tanklike base. Deck the halls? Maybe space Santa will bring me some.

Reaction score
    Loool I build my base next 10 separate cluster, mostly blue asteroids. I got shields comin' out my fk'n ears mate!

You know what I need more of? Parsen, for lighting. I have a lack of LIGHTS in my near-tanklike base. Deck the halls? Maybe space Santa will bring me some.
    Lol, I have too much Parsen, like damn I dont have anything else :p

Reaction score
    Lol, I have too much Parsen, like damn I dont have anything else :p
    Pretty much why I think planets and asteroids should have randomised ore. But that's another thread.

Anyway, I checked the wikies, still nothing!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pretty much why I think planets and asteroids should have randomised ore. But that's another thread.
    Hmm, can't say I agree with that. In fact this is a good incentive for players to venture out and explore to find the right stuff, but as said another thread. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    you can get a good mining ship with starting materials
    if you sell the weapons you can buy around 500 reactors and 300 modules and some thrusters and cores just in case

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

Anyway, I checked the wikies, still nothing!
    Planets have random mineral distribution. I almost exclusively planet mine now due to how much time efficient it is. Although the miner I use is much better for planet mining :P

Reaction score
    Planets have random mineral distribution. I almost exclusively planet mine now due to how much time efficient it is. Although the miner I use is much better for planet mining :p
    I know its a little opportunistic to this exploit, but just build a checkerboard of single modules since you dont gain anything for multiple blocks in a group :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I know its a little opportunistic to this exploit, but just build a checkerboard of single modules since you dont gain anything for multiple blocks in a group :p
    Yes you do :P

It was fixed two patches ago.

Reaction score
    Planets have random mineral distribution. I almost exclusively planet mine now due to how much time efficient it is. Although the miner I use is much better for planet mining :P
    Planet plates are randomized, but each plate will exclusively have one set of ore/crystal like the asteroids. As in, if you mine a single plate, it will have only one color of ore/crystal. Move to the next plate, however, and you could have a random new type to collect.