North American Sandbox Servers - NASS Main (Artificial Vanilla Config)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You should set the trading taxes to zero, or at least set the flat tax to zero. I seriously cannot imagine anyone ordering things from the shop when there's a 20% flat tax + a 2% tax per system. If it was just TG shops, I could understand, but this will ruin trading for players.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Who is trading? I wouldn't mind seeing who is moving things around at whatever rate. I don't care what it is just the fact trade is happening is a bit exciting. Sadly the logs show nothing of the sort.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Who is trading? I wouldn't mind seeing who is moving things around at whatever rate. I don't care what it is just the fact trade is happening is a bit exciting. Sadly the logs show nothing of the sort.
    There's no trading yet, and it won't happen with the insane TG taxes set up currently.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We've extended sectors to 5k and the speed limit is now up to 150. We've been slowly moving away from the vanilla config bit by bit. Perhaps too slow for some. But I think prudence is the best attribute of valor. Be bold but avoid being foolhardy.

That said; Have a video:

We're still accepting Build Mode users. Just PM me you want to have your own Build setup on NASS and we'll arrange it.

What else?
    Been streaming more often over twitch. More fun for you screencap kiddies. I have been interacting with my chat more closely than before. And I'm mostly featuring darknassius builds for now but I'll take requests. You don't have to be the shipwright to request a 'review'.

Now I return to my crunchy cheetos and mt dew! Ciao. o_~ *bing*

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    alright ladies and gents we have a fun problem today. about 3 hours ago, i think... the server crashed. and all services on the box went down the tubes. good news is we'll have access to the old SSD to copy the universe back over. the bad news is something might get lost meanwhile. possibly a roll back. and in the worst case scenario a completely new universe. considering the 32block patch is right around the corner-ish we might just make a new universe and start from scratch. lemme know how you feel about that. but in all likelyhood everything is fine and the future transition from 16block to 32block will be painless.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    That would suck ass if we restarted the universe. I have this great base, and we were just about to declare war. I just got my fleet up, and I my trading shop was doing marvelous. On the other hand, this would give me a good chance to start fresh with my friend and see how much cash I could pocket from the trading system alone. I have a new class of ship(NcoIonCorvette) which looks tight as fuck, and I haven't had a chance to save it to local catalogue.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    good news blargimus prime. we have access to all the things and are in the middle of updates installs and other fetishistic wonders. after that quick import of the universe and blueprints should have the server up and all that jazz. in 2+ hours :3

Edit 1
    late news but good news. server is working and everything seems intact BUT the Shadow Script Daemon seems to be teh bork. now i'm going to take a semi-educated stab and say SQL? i think it needs to be migrated to work properly.

Edit 2
    Still down. BAD SQL trouble. It's being worked on.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TrickyNicky27

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Is anyone else seeing the server as n/a and with a 99999 ping? Is it just me or is it the new update?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    that typically happens when the server is announcing but hasn't passed on any info yet. those would be placeholder values. this can also happen if a server hangs before a crash.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    we're having intermittent connection issues. it's being worked on. but nass might be down for a bit or unstable if it is up.
    the NASS discord channel is still open
    Discord
    just in case you need to talk to someone you only know from the server side

ok server is up and seems to be staying up and stable. no hurries tho. kinda like the quiet :3

i also plan to defaction a bunch of stations and ships left behind by some older facs i've not seen login for a while. i'm still putting together a list of what i consider 'dedlel' factions. some pretty big ones on the chopping block.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    yeah i'm working on that issue right now

i have a bad habit of assuming it's something i did or something specific to nass that causing the gaff. so i check and check and recheck to make sure i don't interrupt anyone on the server at the moment. then it turns out to be something out of my control or a script problem i'm no where near qualified to toy with or even a hiccup in starmade itself. it's best to be sure. because 99.9% of the time it's user error and by user i mean superuser and by superuser i mean me.

as a quick update the server should be back up in a bit just make sure to patch your client.

Last edited:
    Reactions: terra mining corp.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    server is on/off line right now,getting lots of connection problem popups,i see your on Warsong,hopefully it's you fixing shit doing this.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    nothing is responding to commands so it's likely the server is about to hang. could you PM me when the server is having issues instead?