No shops in new universe?

Reaction score
    ok, so has anyone else been able to find a shop besides the default spawn one? iv admin jumped to many many sectors and systems befor realizing that the default one shows up on the map as an icon appart from space stations.

iv not been able to find a single shop yet either by exploring in game or by looking at system after system in the map. am i missing something or is it time to pay the ol bug tracker a visit?

TL : DR - have you found a shop besides the default one? if so, where? does it appear on the map?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Same here. I was an admin on the server I was helping with earlier for a short time, and during that time, I looked through a number of systems - and the only shop icon I found was in 2 2 2.

Server config for shop occurrence rates was default, at 0.01.

Need more reports on this issue before I feel comfortable with submitting a bug report.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    My server is having the same issue. I am going to update the server.cfg to 0.10 to match previous versions. My question is does that .01 reflect across sectors or star systems with this update. I will post my results when we figure a solution.

Reaction score
    I've found quite a few shops. When you look at the map they will not show until you are in the sector and exploring the area. I've seen 2 in the starting system and 2 in the system I'm mining in.

I am on a multiplayer server as well

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This will likely change soon as schema stated that the core of galaxies will be more populated with things like shops and the trading guild.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Shops do spawn fine ! ... Just not on every corner as they did before!
    You could increase the responding setting in the config to change that (was 0.05 = 5% Chance before afaik)
    But i do think it nice that they are sparingly now!

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Correct,
    they get generated on discovering them, and then added to map.

This allows actively searching for them,
    and on the other hand: future spawn of new shop types as advantage over pre-generating and placing them in the whole galaxy.

- Andy

Reaction score
    ok, thanks for the response guys. ill keep searching then :) (funny cuz i hate shops, im only looking for one to get some scanners because they dont have recipes yet.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm pretty sure they are meant to be rare, to increase trade and make the spawn a Galaxy trade centre.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!