Recognized No Power/No Lights

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm not entirely sure IF logic can be frozen. Delay blocks and buttons might go seriously whonky. I know I have a few devices that may not recover from being frozen as they would enter an 'error' state I never anticipated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would depend on whether the 'tick' is global, or entity specific. Entity specific would be a bit more robust, imo, but global is more likely as it saves processing.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For the record, logic has nothing to do with this. These aren't physical machines, they're bits of data represented on a screen. The game reads the on bit to be true, and and sets a particular texture and light level. Any number of other criteria, such as the ship having power and not undergoing reboot, could be implemented without touching the logic.

Reaction score
    Aye, I can tell you from experience that logic "freezing" butt-humps any complex logic system.

Short reason? the "pulse" of logic quits moving entirely.
    Long reason? Basically the same, its just that the game can, possibly, recover from it. Not likely though.

Logic allready has some wonkyness in it. (if the controlling logic is not in the same "entity chunk" as at least part of what it controls, the logic eventually goes dead.)

Why add more wonky?

And yes, I do agree that the visible state of an object should be different when there is no available power.
    This means, mostly, Lights, as most of the complicated logic DOES stop working as soon as a ship goes into overheat.
    (heck, logic stops working if it even takes 1 point of damage)