No more disagree button?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So being negative will require more more and be a tad bit harder therefore making the community a bit more positive.
    Nope. It'll just make people's negativity a LITTLE harder to express simply.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    As do I!
    MULTI DISAGREE. UNFAVORITE. UNSUBSCRIBE (ten minutes after I say im going to so i can see what people say about me unsubscribing)

Reactions: Firestorm29

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    As do I!
    MULTI DISAGREE. UNFAVORITE. UNSUBSCRIBE (ten minutes after I say im going to so i can see what people say about me unsubscribing)
    Exactly everyone does that. THEN. THEN you come back to the discussion to agree with me. :p

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I honestly don't know what you're talking about Leanson. People don't check ratings before reading a post (or I don't think they do o- o). Nor do I think new people would understand what that bar thingie under a person's avatar is right away. Not everyone is a sheep either.

The most I ever did was check the name of the poster, so I know what to expect (Starhaiden is hard to comprehend, Neonstrum has a lot of techno garble I rarely understand, Zoro is short winded, Debbie is Debbie, etc). Hate wagons or not, I know who is worth reading and who is probably just spitting gibberish.

In the context of new players, I don't see how a mass of disagrees would really change their opinions on someone... unless they are a sheep (And my lord do we attract some strong willed people). If they were brand new to the site, they wouldn't understand the system, and once they knew the system and looked at how it was used, I doubt they would really care for what the reputation bar said. I mean, has anyone actually said anything because of said reputation?

Quite honestly, just removing the bar on posts (which is already gone) should be enough in my opinion, I mean you see ratings after the post, not before, and most people don't go stalking profiles of everyone on the forums. I dunno, the argument you're making doesn't make sense to me at all.

TL;DR - Long and tiring rant about words I read on my screen and decided to throw more words at other people's screen cause that's what all the cool kids are doing.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I personally try to read what people write as not just one person is confined to just one dynamic, trait, or characteristic. Maybe you don't know what I am saying is because you saw my name and try and guess what I had to say without reading it. Which goes to show how much respect you have toward what people have to say. Maybe if we took the time to read and understand we would expand on how much we know about someone, in stead of trying to guess what someone is trying to say.
    That is one problem I see in the forums, no one read the details of what people say.
    Tao did you throw some words on here and expect someone to read it, or just like it because they like you. Maybe they think it was smart.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Honestly I am tired and shouldn't be saying anything, and I would be deeply offended if someone just liked something with my name on it.

I say I check the names because of particular reasons. To use Neonstrum as an example;
    Neon has, without fail, cause me pain in my frontal lobes of my brain in 1 out of every 3 posts. The varying fonts, coding examples and heavy RP interest is always apparent, and is easily excited by such things, often extending a little past the original thoughts (sometimes it feels like he's half hi-jacking a suggestion thread). However it seems like half the time, what he says goes over people's heads, or was put in a way that was not properly express/not interesting as his posts are sometimes ignored it seems in later posts. Sometimes jumps to conclusions, but always tries to rationalize everything in a way that they understand and can support (He tries to be helpful).
    Conclusion? I tend to just skim over Neon's posts. I know its rude, but it's hard for me to comprehend what he is saying. But when I do feel I can comprehend, they are always insightful in some way or another.

These are more or less my thoughts/impressions that spring forth when I see that name. I am human. I allow my experiences and interactions to shape how I view people. I always either read or skim and try to make sense of any post I come across, and most I dont give ratings too. It just helps to set the tone of voice that the person is using, and helps me to understand why they may be saying this. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: NeonSturm

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I keep these Subtopics always read

Factions
    Art/Screenshots
    Shipyards

Third Party Software
    Textures
    Skins.

These six are always white meaning I have read every post ever put in there. I actually read it mind you.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Personally, I think we should make it official that the optimistic and creative buttons are dislikes.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...You two just wasted two posts on unhelpful comments that waste space and detract from the original topic to merely state simple disagreement. Just use the Disagree button instead.
    Oh wait...

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    Personally, I only miss the disagree because it's very, very to type out my thoughts on a mobile, so I'll stick with a disgree with the idea of following it up later if it's still on topic. Often times however, that fails a bit.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't like seeing users getting hundreds of disagrees all because of some personal disagreement. I do see the value in negative ratings, I was the one that introduced them.
    Simple solution: Make 'disagree' a neutral rating.

Otherwise I suggest to use the (i) for "idiotic". ;)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Simple solution: Make 'disagree' a neutral rating.

Otherwise I suggest to use the (i) for "idiotic". ;)
    Disagree was already a neutral rating, in case you didn't notice :p

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Malacodor:
    Ratings: 94/0

Really? There was a (red?) number >0 after the slash until a few days ago.
    Disagree was definitely neutral. When the new rating system was added, there were a few negative ratings (insane was one of them) but they were all removed within a day or so.