New StarMade launcher v12 test release

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Battle of the bigger rant continues in a moment!!

:p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm sad I never got to see, and maybe never will get to see, a dev build. (In the voice of the narator of 'The Stanley Parable) Oh, the possibilities of testing the testing, helping the helping, discovering the undiscovered... Bugs. Ooohhhh yes, nice bugs. Bugs that need squashing, squishing, and squishing the squash of the squish. The bugs that people seek, hunt, and destroy, because that is the ultimate purpose of...

Ok, too much Narator there.
    But you get the point. I myself bougt the game. I saw it, found it, tried it, and bougt it for six dollars, which is about what I earn every weak with my newspaper round, and that is not including the christmas door-to-door money collecting, which increase my total earnings by about 1,5 times yearly. It was a cheap buy and an easy decision, and I have yet to regret it. I do, however, agree that there should be some form of public dev builds to people who bought the game. Not only because I bought the game and then would be able to use them, but because others who bought the game would be able to do so too. More eyes are always better, and it would just be fun and good to have a few more people who actually can test in the dev builds and report the bugs so they can be squished before the public release.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that on the launcher when it detects the new version it should pole what files have to be changed so you know the size of the update before starting the update. This would be useful if you have limited bandwidth or slow internet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that on the launcher when it detects the new version it should pole what files have to be changed so you know the size of the update before starting the update. This would be useful if you have limited bandwidth or slow internet.
    Wow. Just wow. This has almost been shouted across the whole of the starmade forums, and then you say it again, but as an uncertainty.
    Wow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow. Just wow. This has almost been shouted across the whole of the starmade forums, and then you say it again, but as an uncertainty.
    Wow.
    I didn't see anybody talking about this in this tread or any others that I had read. I saw people talking about loosing the dev builds but I didn't see people talking about the size of the download for the update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, sorry, I was out of line. But it was mentioned in this thread about the launcher a few times, and, well, he did quote the download link, and then asked about where he could download. So I think that qualifies a bit as shouted across the whole forum. But seriously, I can recall a suggestion about downloading only the changed files, it was by the news, and there were a couple of discussions in the discussion forum about it. Maybe not across the whole forum, but it was mentioned in a rather big bit of it.

Reaction score
    FTL When comrades?

Checked the twitter, how come Mushroom Fleet tell us about stuff before the official dev blog does?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    FTL When comrades?

Checked the twitter, how come Mushroom Fleet tell us about stuff before the official dev blog does?
    In-development features don't always get announced until they're released since they're in an unfinished state, subject to change, and not guaranteed to be released with all subfeatures originally planned. As for when... Soon, hopefully. I'd honestly bet on 2-3 weeks, judging from the current state of FTL in the builds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, sorry, I was out of line. But it was mentioned in this thread about the launcher a few times, and, well, he did quote the download link, and then asked about where he could download. So I think that qualifies a bit as shouted across the whole forum. But seriously, I can recall a suggestion about downloading only the changed files, it was by the news, and there were a couple of discussions in the discussion forum about it. Maybe not across the whole forum, but it was mentioned in a rather big bit of it.
    I may have not made my self clear. I did find the launcher and downloaded it. I wasn't talking about displaying the size of the launcher download, but in the launcher displaying the size of all files that needed to be downloaded to update the game. That way you can tell if the download will take minutes or if you should put off updating the game till you have time to wait.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    In-development features don't always get announced until they're released since they're in an unfinished state, subject to change, and not guaranteed to be released with all subfeatures originally planned. As for when... Soon, hopefully. I'd honestly bet on 2-3 weeks, judging from the current state of FTL in the builds.
    u can try to dev build with the new launcher
    it has working jump gates and short range jump drives

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    ACTIVATE SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISING MODE!

Starlaunch! woo! :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    no news feed?
    we need our release news like the new launcher does
    Below the home button is a news button, that image is a prototype for the new version, check the thread i linked ;)

Reaction score
    Have to say I like the new launcher, even though it still looks very simple, it's got some cool features! Love the much more informative download bars and the new way it patches. Good job. :)