Read by Council New logic block: Commands

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would like a logic block that can issue commands like realign all turrets, or even fleet commends. Probably fleet commands should only be possible to be given from the mother ship.

Perhaps some type of logic statements as well. For example if a fleet move command is given the signal is true and you could link it to another command block to recall drones. This could give players better control over how ships should react. Basically building the AI yourself.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    so a mincraft style command block but readily accessible to normal players. Interesting. However how would you designate a move command? would there be a menu prompt on the block?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would imagine it could be done in several ways. Just adding in the hard coordinates in the command. Will move to a specific sector. Or relative to the current position. For example move one sector up from your current one. Or perhaps tied to your navigation. Move to the closest asteroid.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458803201,1458803046][/DOUBLEPOST]Although I would not tie it in to fleet mechanics exclusively. I would also add the option to use commands for turret option. Activate/deactivate AI. Perhaps even change their targeting priority. Change them from anything to selected or even missiles.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458803564][/DOUBLEPOST]Perhaps even better. You could have an option to define a flight path. Just order it to follow that. Fleets could patrol an area If it loops.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not understanding.
    You want a block with a UI so that you don't have to use the existing UI?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm not understanding.
    You want a block with a UI so that you don't have to use the existing UI?
    The key word is logic: Imagine clicking a button on the hotbar to perform a common function quickly. (E.g. Turning off turret AI when in friendly territory; then quickly switching it back on in the wild. Resetting turret alignment at the beginning of a logic cycle to retract them under a hull door. Issuing a common fleet command at the end of a drone release. and so on....

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The key word is logic: Imagine clicking a button on the hotbar to perform a common function quickly. (E.g. Turning off turret AI when in friendly territory; then quickly switching it back on in the wild. Resetting turret alignment at the beginning of a logic cycle to retract them under a hull door. Issuing a common fleet command at the end of a drone release. and so on....
    Excactly :)