New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    its still up, just not gonna be further developed/updated, so you can still use it for some ships with the old models.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I'm actually really annoyed with whoever worked on it TBH. They had full movement controls and now they are gone. All I can do now is rotate the ship which isn't the best if I need to look at some far feature up close. They took two steps back and then call it quits? Crazy.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Well well well. A lot has happened and I have not been posting enough. I have gotten tired of building the small ships that I was working on. That being said I finished the Breacher. Here is a picture!

This ship will be ready for download on Sunday. There is an issue though. Thrusting can deplete power entirely. This along with jump drive charging and scanner charging can lead to rapidly depleting power amounts. So far it seems to be able to handle it well enough. In combat this may be a different story. I tested it and it can take on 2-3 Herons at once. Since it is a missile boat, firing weapons should not be a concern for power consumption.

I think my plan is to make the ships capacitor stable while flying. This way additional things like charging the jumpdrive or scanner or firing weapons will drain power, but not flying. It will take a lot of testing to get that right but I think I can manage.

I also plan on releasing pirate packs. These pirates will come in numerous forms and will be available for populating a players universe. They will feature the same hulls, but modified with different colors and significantly weaker stats. Hopefully you will then be able to fight a number of them at once and completely pwn them. These ships will have a variety of roles as well. In the far future we will be able to make our own NPC factions in starmade and this is perfect for the pirate packs I will be releasing.

Below you can see a regular heron on the left and a Guristas Pirate version on the right. This is just a color variant of the Heron that I released before. The actual pirate version will be altered significantly but retain the look below.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well well well. A lot has happened and I have not been posting enough. I have gotten tired of building the small ships that I was working on. That being said I finished the Breacher. Here is a picture!

This ship will be ready for download on Sunday. There is an issue though. Thrusting can deplete power entirely. This along with jump drive charging and scanner charging can lead to rapidly depleting power amounts. So far it seems to be able to handle it well enough. In combat this may be a different story. I tested it and it can take on 2-3 Herons at once. Since it is a missile boat, firing weapons should not be a concern for power consumption.

I think my plan is to make the ships capacitor stable while flying. This way additional things like charging the jumpdrive or scanner or firing weapons will drain power, but not flying. It will take a lot of testing to get that right but I think I can manage.

I also plan on releasing pirate packs. These pirates will come in numerous forms and will be available for populating a players universe. They will feature the same hulls, but modified with different colors and significantly weaker stats. Hopefully you will then be able to fight a number of them at once and completely pwn them. These ships will have a variety of roles as well. In the far future we will be able to make our own NPC factions in starmade and this is perfect for the pirate packs I will be releasing.

Below you can see a regular heron on the left and a Guristas Pirate version on the right. This is just a color variant of the Heron that I released before. The actual pirate version will be altered significantly but retain the look below.

What AI difficulty level do you test your ships on?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    What AI difficulty level do you test your ships on?
    No idea. It was probably set to hard because it always defaults to that even if I don't want it to.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    As a gallente pilot I am happy in my pants.
    I love what they are doing with EVE. Some people may not, but I am all for the more realistic approach they are taking with these ships. The engines actually look like machines and not some cylinder attached to the side.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Alright guys. I got news on lots of cool things I hope to get out soon. First you should all know that the Minmatar Breacher was just released albeit a little late! Here's the cinematic and download page.

http://starmadedock.net/content/minmatar-breacher-standard-edition.1886/

Now go get one!

Aside from all that there has also been some work done with pirates. The NPC's of EVE for the most part are incredibly weak and easy to take on. Sometimes you can kill them with a single volley. I have decided to make my own pirate versions of the ones found in EVE's universe. There is a database that displays all the info on various NPC's. I am using it to construct pirate fleets. This requires the standard edition of a ship hull to be 100% complete. So far the only ship that is ready for pirate-ization is the Heron. Therefore I have made a few of the pirates that use the Heron hull.

The variation between them is incredibly minute. The two on the left are slightly more armored than those on the right. Both groups have missiles that do either piercing or punch through. These are actual pirates from EVE made in starmade. They don't stand a chance against your ship but that doesn't mean they can't overwhelm you in greater numbers. The Breacher (a combat ship) was killed after fighting about four of them.

I will soon be making pirate packs that you can install into your game. If we ever get the ability to create our own NPC factions I will set it up in a folder for you to drag and drop! Keep in mind, not all the pirates I make will be so easily killed. They are also numerous! There are still 8 versions of varying strength to make that use the Heron Hull. There will likely be hundreds of these in the end if I ever get to them all. This was made in a day so I am confident that I will manage.

Last but not least I will release these pirate packs with a cool video showcasing the pirates quickly and it will be nice and stuff. Also here is me standing next to the flight control decks of a supercarrier; the Amarr Aeon.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Alright guys. I got news on lots of cool things I hope to get out soon. First you should all know that the Minmatar Breacher was just released albeit a little late! Here's the cinematic and download page.

http://starmadedock.net/content/minmatar-breacher-standard-edition.1886/

Now go get one!

Aside from all that there has also been some work done with pirates. The NPC's of EVE for the most part are incredibly weak and easy to take on. Sometimes you can kill them with a single volley. I have decided to make my own pirate versions of the ones found in EVE's universe. There is a database that displays all the info on various NPC's. I am using it to construct pirate fleets. This requires the standard edition of a ship hull to be 100% complete. So far the only ship that is ready for pirate-ization is the Heron. Therefore I have made a few of the pirates that use the Heron hull.

The variation between them is incredibly minute. The two on the left are slightly more armored than those on the right. Both groups have missiles that do either piercing or punch through. These are actual pirates from EVE made in starmade. They don't stand a chance against your ship but that doesn't mean they can't overwhelm you in greater numbers. The Breacher (a combat ship) was killed after fighting about four of them.

I will soon be making pirate packs that you can install into your game. If we ever get the ability to create our own NPC factions I will set it up in a folder for you to drag and drop! Keep in mind, not all the pirates I make will be so easily killed. They are also numerous! There are still 8 versions of varying strength to make that use the Heron Hull. There will likely be hundreds of these in the end if I ever get to them all. This was made in a day so I am confident that I will manage.

Last but not least I will release these pirate packs with a cool video showcasing the pirates quickly and it will be nice and stuff. Also here is me standing next to the flight control decks of a supercarrier; the Amarr Aeon.

How big is that thing? Avatar is about 13km long, and supercarriers are about half that, so I guess 6-7km?..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Will you be updating the front page at all to include all the ships in a catalog? I want to go through these ships with some friends who play EVE but frankly searching through each and every page is quite annoying at this point in your ship developement

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Will you be updating the front page at all to include all the ships in a catalog? I want to go through these ships with some friends who play EVE but frankly searching through each and every page is quite annoying at this point in your ship developement
    Yes but I need to make an imgur album because a single post can only hold 20 images it seems. The stuff on the front page will be replaced by a list with links to the albums and downloads. Consider it a checklist when I get around to it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Been a while. I have finished the Minmatar Probe. It will be released tomorrow. The next ship will be the Amarr Tormentor. It has a very nice cockpit area and I am excited to see what I can do with that. Expect the download link soon.!

Reactions: Rumcajz

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Time to bring this thread out of the grave. There is a massive list of things to cover.

First things first. I will be updating the OP with some albums of the ships I have created so far. There will be links to imgur with the full set. The OP will have up-to-date pictures of the latest projects. You will be able to view them by race.

Next, we are onto the ship releases I have accomplished since my last post!.

Here is the Amarr Tormentor. A combat frigate.

http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-tormentor-standard-edition.2002/

Here is the Amarr Accolyte Pack. Light scout drones.

http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-acolyte-all-variations.2193/

Here is the Amarr Dragoon. A drone boat destroyer.

http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-dragoon-standard-edition.2203/

Here is the Amarr Executioner. A tackle-support attack frigate.

http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-executioner-standard-edition.2281/

Now that that is out of the way, whats next? Well I've got lot's of announcments. First, I have managed to import previously un-measurable models at precise scales. Things like talocan ships or the old removed Jove ships are now on my to-do list. I will cover this in multiple videos.

Next, and probably the biggest announcement is the fact that I will be focusing on Minmatar ships heavily over the next few weeks / months. There is a specific reason for this. I will cover it in it's own video because it deserves it's own reveal. It is big though. Something no Starmade builder has done before... And I am not kidding.

I will still do the occasional and random ship from a different faction. Now that I can import any model at the proper scale I have a vast selection to choose from that I couldn't do before.

I have also discovered a mistake in my own process that allows me to place more systems on my ships, which means they will be more powerful!. A video will cover this as well.

Lastly I want to display what I have accomplished so far. This is the current display of ships that have reached a "complete" status. They may not all have been released, but they would be otherwise if I had time to do them all. I count 49 ships so far. 49! As starmade updates with new features these ships will be updated as well. For now it's a good start!

Reactions: aceface