New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    not quite sure that can be compared with a server specially dedicated to EVE Online......a yt channel and tournaments......
    It doesn't really matter if there aren't enough players to play on the "eve" server. I don't expect my ships to be used because players play with a different approach. Even now all I see people do is build their own ships or take someone elses ship and make it their own. They never really fully invest in making an experience out of the set of ships they have. Maybe that will change. On starside they are still setting up a lot of the server. But still. There's no incentive to play with my ships, ships that function differently. There might be special events featuring my ships in the far future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It doesn't really matter if there aren't enough players to play on the "eve" server. I don't expect my ships to be used because players play with a different approach. Even now all I see people do is build their own ships or take someone elses ship and make it their own. They never really fully invest in making an experience out of the set of ships they have. Maybe that will change. On starside they are still setting up a lot of the server. But still. There's no incentive to play with my ships, ships that function differently. There might be special events featuring my ships in the far future.
    well the incentive is there if it's an eve-only server.......or mostly eve-only as Neweden is/was.
    Talking of this has made me remember that I promised to make more infrastructure so I present the NPFCC Barren Command Centre!
    http://imgur.com/ef5R253 if that link's not working, try this one: http://imgur.com/t/starmade/ef5R253

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would, as long as minor customizations (such as the one I posted earlier) are allowed. Of course, without the OP systems.

One way to encourage people to use the ships of your design would be to adjust shop prices. For example, greatly increase the cost of shield blocks, weapon blocks and such and reduce the cost of hull blocks. Even if people don't use your ships, they would still build something in balance to your EVE designs.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I've gotten some flak that I wasn't making enough Caldari ships. Well... I've been working on something Caldari. It's big. And it's coming...

Reactions: Mariux

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Reactions: Markon and Mariux

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just released the Caldari Ibis. This big thing is only a rookie ship, meaning it has crappy stats. But it looks big. Maybe you can bluff your way out of problematic situations. Download it now and give it a try!

http://starmadedock.net/content/caldari-ibis-standard-edition.2471/

Cool, I see you finished it. About Rokh, since the interior will probably be quite extensive, you could ask some people to build room schematics to add to the ship. Just an idea.

Reaction score
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is it possible that you could upload a zip file of everyone of your eve ships?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Is it possible that you could upload a zip file of everyone of your eve ships?
    Yeah I was actually thinking of doing that soon. Eventually that file will get massive though so I think I will break it down to ship sizes or factions.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I was actually thinking of doing that soon. Eventually that file will get massive though so I think I will break it down to ship sizes or factions.
    alright nice! It is just so tedious to have to find every single individual download, yet knowing there are still some colour variants that are not there ;)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    alright nice! It is just so tedious to have to find every single individual download, yet knowing there are still some colour variants that are not there ;)
    Color variants will be getting proper releases. It won't be as cinematic as the normal releases. But they will get their own video. This will make it easy to post upwards of two ships a week.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello ladies and gents. I've been loosing ground on the content front. But I did release a ship today! Here is the Minmatar Reaper. It's nice looking but it kinda handles like crap. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be too expensive for new players to use. I'm server owners can use my ship as a filled blueprint that is placed in new players inventories. That'd be perfect.

http://starmadedock.net/content/minmatar-reaper-standard-edition.2572/

As for ship releases, I think I cannot hold up to posting one a week. I need to start looking for legitimate work. On top of that, I will also be doing lots of secret stuff. You guys will like what I am working on, but it has to wait until rails are in. :D I will be posting more info tomorrow along with a video covering the recent system overhaul updates that I am performing.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello again. So I posted a new video. Check it out here.

I have updated 5 ships with more accurate stats. Before, I was basing these values off a pilot with no skills trained. Skills can effect the values of stats, and there are five levels. I changed these values and I am seeing a massive boost to performance. Some stats on these ships could be increased by up to 100%. Maybe even more. I know there's a lot of 5-10% bonuses per level. So a lot of stats have increased 25 - 50%

Here are links to all the ships and you can see exactly what changed in the update log.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sisters-of-eve-astero-standard-edition.1802/
    http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-tormentor-standard-edition.2002/
    http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-impairor-standard-edition.1754/
    http://starmadedock.net/content/minmatar-breacher-standard-edition.1886/
    http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-executioner-standard-edition.2281/

I plan on refitting all ships. It will not be possible to fully equip all the ships, as can be seen with the Astero. There is simply not enough room on these small ships. I'm hoping my weapons will still be useful with this change, as it makes their impact significantly smaller. Aside from that, I have many ships started such as the Venture. I plan on building a Cormorant and using it as the base model for all Destroyer sized ships. This way the incredibly tiny Heron will not be the base model for a ship many times larger. This is mostly to address power issues. Things like scanners, jump drive, thrust, and shielding will still be proportional to the Heron. This makes frigates viable against larger targets if they attack in numbers.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Great job, you've got quite a fleet now. Looking forward to seeing even more ships.

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've gotten some flak that I wasn't making enough Caldari ships. Well... I've been working on something Caldari. It's big. And it's coming...

It could be a corax, the new blackbird model, or a Rokh.

It LOOKS like a Rokh though...
    Finally, I can have a Rokh with some missile turrets...