New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Holy fuck a gate.
    Aren't those the size of motherships? The long ones, too.
    Then there's the even bigger ones that jump between regions :3

EDIT: I just read up on gate sizes.
    Actually all of those numbers are about a third of the real values. The largest border gate is 37 km long, which is over two star systems in a default world. I imported them all and will stream some stuff tomorrow and post a video Friday. The one in the picture as well as all the other I have are scaled down to 5% actual size.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Gallente Gate :( Where are the 100% cooler Caldari Gates

Reaction score
    Gallente Gate :( Where are the 100% cooler Caldari Gates
    Wait I thought that was an amarr gate? :/

EDIT:
    I have all of them save for the smugglers gate (I don't know its size) and will post a video about it Friday.
    One of the starter missions had a smuggler gate in it, you can probably
    a) create a new character
    or
    b) scan one down
    or
    c) ask in something like jita local.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have been fallowing your videos for a while and I just came here to say, please stick to this! This whole project is amazing and I can't wait to see even 1/16th of it finished. Keep up the good work.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I have been fallowing your videos for a while and I just came here to say, please stick to this! This whole project is amazing and I can't wait to see even 1/16th of it finished. Keep up the good work.
    1/16th is at least 32 ships. Haha. But in all seriousness I plan on sticking to it till I can go no further.

Wait I thought that was an amarr gate? :/

EDIT:

One of the starter missions had a smuggler gate in it, you can probably
    a) create a new character
    or
    b) scan one down
    or
    c) ask in something like jita local.
    They appear in nullsec border areas. It isn't a priority because I do not want to start work on gates till they are in a stable build. I am in a nullsec corp though so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll fly out there with tomino maybe. None of the ship releases will happen till then either because I want them to have jump drives and I would rather not update it with them installed a few days after their release.

Reaction score
    1/16th is at least 32 ships. Haha. But in all seriousness I plan on sticking to it till I can go no further.
    Is 32 ships just base models or something like a megathron, a vindicator, and a kronos (basically the same model)?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Is 32 ships just base models or something like a megathron, a vindicator, and a kronos (basically the same model)?
    There are about 200 ships on my list right now. This does not include drones, color variants, tech 2's or tech 3's. The current plan is fighters > bombers > shuttles > frigates > destroyers > cruisers > battlecruisers > battleships. One gate will be worked on at a time along with some other things. Color variants will be easier once painting hull is in the game.

Reactions: WaffulMann

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I wonder what you would do with my custom Caldari Destroyer???

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Alright, here's a vid showcasing some gates from EVE. These are all scaled down to 5% their original size. I will take a look at these structures as well as actual space stations at various scales and the other races will be showcased in their own video. They will be worked on one at a time alongside any ships that I will be working on.

In other news, I am working on ship release videos. When a ship is released it gets a nice video. The videos are taking a long time because it is a template, and has to adapt to every single ship I release from now on. It's easier this way, so I don't have to make a new thing every time I release a ship. There are currently 164 moving parts to this after effects project :confused:. Here's some teasers down below!

Large portions of the shapes on screen are all hand made. The videos will display large amounts of information from EVE and StarMade. Expect stats, turret hardpoints, thrust and ship roles to be on screen at one point or another.

Reaction score
    -snip-

Large portions of the shapes on screen are all hand made. The videos will display large amounts of information from EVE and StarMade. Expect stats, turret hardpoints, thrust and ship roles to be on screen at one point or another.
    Frigate-sized capacitor and ISIS icons. Yessss ISIS icons are the coolest 2d things in EVE
    How did you remove the speed though? photoshop?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Frigate-sized capacitor and ISIS icons. Yessss ISIS icons are the coolest 2d things in EVE
    How did you remove the speed though? photoshop?
    That is entirely reconstructed so that I can animate it exactly the way I want (pretty good huh :P ). It will basically build itself on screen before the stats show up. The capacitor size is actually the one I got from the shuttle but if frigates are the same then so be it. I didn't pay attention.

Reactions: WaffulMann
    Reaction score
    That is entirely reconstructed so that I can animate it exactly the way I want (pretty good huh :p ). It will basically build itself on screen before the stats show up. The capacitor size is actually the one I got from the shuttle but if frigates are the same then so be it. I didn't pay attention.
    I would be careful though, those things might be copyrighted by CCP.
    But then again starmade is chock full to copyrighted ships.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I would be careful though, those things might be copyrighted by CCP.
    But then again starmade is chock full to copyrighted ships.
    They released a toolkit for download. Includes something like 20000 images free to use mostly so users can create personal projects with them.

Reaction score
    They released a toolkit for download. Includes something like 20000 images free to use mostly so users can create personal projects with them.
    Oh. Oh. Oh. That clears a lot of things up. Thanks, now I can have things to procrastinate with :D

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Bro you don't need help do you? That video was jaw dropping. I really enjoy and I'm on YouTube clicking the subscribe button now. (Would have sooner but didn't have a Tube account until recently.) Quick question. Whats your Region gate areas width?

Reaction score
    I'm sure sure some peeps would be interested in picking the last Minmatar stargate, keep only half of it, and make into a space station (while scaling it to 6-7%).

That'd be one badass looking space station :3

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Making it brown will murder him simply because of the size of the 5% Stargates are bleepin huge!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Whats your Region gate areas width?
    It was probably somewhere between 400 - 500 meters on the regional gates width and about a kilometer long.

I'm sure sure some peeps would be interested in picking the last Minmatar stargate, keep only half of it, and make into a space station (while scaling it to 6-7%).

That'd be one badass looking space station :3
    It technically is a space station already. I plan on taking a look at other space stations, but a lot of the detail will be lost because they are so massive.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Real EVE stations are absurdly huge. I suggest when you get to station stuff you do POS (Player Owned Station) stuff first. They are much smaller. You could also do the planetary Customs Offices stations