New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Real EVE stations are absurdly huge. I suggest when you get to station stuff you do POS (Player Owned Station) stuff first. They are much smaller. You could also do the planetary Customs Offices stations
    All stations would have to be scaled down. The pos is itself 3 kilometers tall and it is basically the smallest station in EVE.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    New update video is out!

On top of that here are a few screenshots of the current projects. Wireframing has begun on fighters and fighter bombers.
    The hope is that fighters, like their EVE versions will be warp capable. Fighters do cruiser level damage, which is a lot! Not sure if I will be able to pack in that much damage on some of them as they are small. It might also be OP. Destroyer levels sounds better but I doubt I will achieve even that much. These will be easy to finish as I can wireframe one of them in about 30 minutes or less.

Mantis - Caldari Bomber

Firbolg - Gallente Fighter

Malleus - Amarr Bomber

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your Mantis is definitely bigger than the one I built when I started playing Starmade. I based mine off of a single front picture because I had no other source :rolleyes:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Your Mantis is definitely bigger than the one I built when I started playing Starmade. I based mine off of a single front picture because I had no other source :rolleyes:
    I tried making a year ago and it was far too big

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ooops just noticed I said yours was bigger. I meant to say yours is smaller. :oops:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    @Vanhelzing do you have some zip file we can download with all your eve ships? they are so epic!
    None of them have been released yet. If you follow my shipyard thread you will see them appear in new posts and on the main thread when they are released.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It really makes me happy to see someone use smedit and actually CREDIT the original authors (and state that it's a smedit) in order to create a replica, instead of trying to pass things out as original work (which always fails).

Seriously, the ship scale in eve is huge! 1km long battleships, lol. I don't know how you'd manage without the smedit shells as a guide.

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy seeing EVE ships in starmade!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    It really makes me happy to see someone use smedit and actually CREDIT the original authors (and state that it's a smedit) in order to create a replica, instead of trying to pass things out as original work (which always fails).

Seriously, the ship scale in eve is huge! 1km long battleships, lol. I don't know how you'd manage without the smedit shells as a guide.

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy seeing EVE ships in starmade!
    Lol well the thing is the original authors would be the developers of EVE. I'm getting the models directly myself and scaling them myself. But really it is necessary. This new method is so much nicer than figuring it out myself and faster. In the end their quality should be amazing.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Lol well the thing is the original authors would be the developers of EVE. I'm getting the models directly myself and scaling them myself. But really it is necessary. This new method is so much nicer than figuring it out myself and faster. In the end their quality should be amazing.
    I meant that you didn't claim to make the models yourself. Some people do that and think that we're too stupid to notice (it's usually extremely obvious).

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    No names please. We all know who your reffering to

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    So I have a few updates and a video will be posted soon talking about some changes I have made. Below will be a large collection of screenshots covering some progress that has been made on the smaller ships.

Changed the internals of the caldari shuttle entirely on all editions. I placed the entry door in the wrong place and correcting it allowed me to redesign the interior to be more aesthetically pleasing.

Here is a view from a passengers seat. Much more roomy :D

Here is the lower deck where there are bunks, storage and supplies.

All 8 of the current shuttles have been fit with the new warp drives. They are pretty much ready for release and you can expect the start of DL links in about a week!

This is the Gallente fighter bomber the Firbolg. They are meant to do lots of damage. Not sure I can pull that off. All fighter drones are equipped with minimal warp capabilities like their EVE counterparts.

This is the Gallente fighter bomber, the Cyclops. These things do massive damage and are meant for taking on capital ships. They will be equipped with dumbfire missiles. This is a balancing issue. They should not be used against other small craft as effectively. Fighter bombers do not have warp capabilities so there will be more room inside allocated to the weapons. I love the shape of this ship!

This is the Caldari fighter bomber, the Mantis. I will have to check the stats on these ships. I am sure they all have their pros and cons. One might be faster, one might have better firepower. I will make sure to take that into account when they are released. Another favorite.

Not sure if I really covered it. This is the Minmatar Einherji. It is a fighter drone. It is currently equipped with shotgun missiles however that will likely change. I am thinking rapid fire cannons sound better. These ships are so small they will probably be ineffective against larger ships unlike their EVE counterparts. They will most likely be for dogfighting the enemy and taking out bombers. It still needs to have a warp drive installed. It shouldn't be too hard.

Hope you all enjoyed this update. There will be more to come!

Reaction score
    Yes yes yes.
    All of the yes. Awesome ships, awesome news, awesome fighter bombers.
    Now if only they'd add hull colors and actual beds.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your Mantis is much nicer than mine. Although back when I made mine there were no tetras and pentas. Had to use the good old wedges for everything.

Reaction score
    Breaking news, everybody! Chairs are confirmed, next build!

Last edited: