Nerf Pirates. Please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Angus and Alexis. Do not call me insolant, but when they appear out of no where, and surround you, five minutes after you spawn, they are OP. And you spelt insolant wrong.

Reaction score
    actually you are safe fom pirate attacks near a shop.

I have my entire fleet parked near a shop. I regret it.

Reaction score
    Insolent.

Its a word, you know?

By replying with this message, you show that you actually ARE insolent.

Unless you are color blind, it is easy to see several red triangles indicating pirates.

Not to mention that you should have shields by the start, engines and a salvage array to mine.

Reaction score
    Mine space station glass, lots of money there.

Or go to an ice planet and mine its crystals, they are expensive too.

Also, always remain alert.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Isanths are pretty weak, but early game they are hard to beat, in singleplayer you can:

1. Use admin commands.

2. Mine all glass of stations using a build block with emove mode, this can get several million credits.

3. Get a ship of the forums and buy it with the money earned in 2, or build your own powerful ship. Their are many tutorials on how to build great ships.

4. until you are strong enough, just keep running. I suggest your ship to have lots of thrust and enough power to keep that thrust up.

If you follow these steps, Isanths will be small fry, since they only have 2 or 3 shield blocks.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    They also do not apear out of no where, if you check your Nav (N) you can see them over 1000 meters away before they get to you.

They are not OP, they are just their to provide a challenge early game, but if you follow my tips they will become quick and easy to kill :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Again, I am a new player. I know only the basics that the tutorial gave me.

I do not know how valuable things are on Starmade yet.

And when I go near either a space station or planet, pirates are always there waiting for me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    1. WIKI AND YOUTUBE TUTORIALS. If you were smart, you would have read up on some knowledge.

2. Thats probably because you dont check your NAV, and they are not \"Always\" their, they will dissapear soon.

Also if you shoot the shops until it says the fleet is on its way to kill you, do this.

1. when you see them, immediately log out.

2. when you log back in, they will be disabled and unable to move

3. dismantle and salvage the ships for resources

A very quick and easy way to get resources, until you build a factory.

Reaction score
    I happen to be 16 if you needed to know.

But being that it is irrelevant, onto the question.

You are insolent due to barging into the forums, with little knowledge of the game, and apparent lack of 3 dimensional warfare.

Your arrogance causes you to want to nerf an already underpowered portion of the game, simply because you are not good at it.

Reaction score
    Pirates need a buff, everyone agrees. And that is that. To the OP, go inside the configs and turn off pirates whilst you get used to the game and de-noob yourself.

Reaction score
    Actually I made it use less power blocks but actually generate more energy. Considerably more. And I threw shields into the extra space it made. :P

Reaction score
    Buff, scale, and balance.

Even my upgraded pirates are still weak. But if people think the Isanth is bad, they\'d never want to see mine that do over 2700 dps, have 78 shield blocks instead of 4, hardened hull and a better thrust to mass ratio. o.o

I know I\'d be flipped out if I first started with these.

Reaction score
    They just need to scale along with the player, and they should have a much smaller detection range, or simply stop pursueing players after a while.

Thing is, most people that are new to the game don\'t even bother to find out more or to post here, they just throw the game into the trashcan after getting toasted by pirates a few times in a row.

I think schema has to turn off pirates by default as long as they remain so broken, unless he wants to scare away half of the newcomers... The ones that try singleplayer first.

Reaction score
    Typed of pirates.

1: raiders. small fighters which are normally just pests.
    2: Scavengers, large cube like ships with more firepower and a lot of armor.
    3: Gunboats, called in when fighting many other pirates, they are military class ships.
    4: battlecruisers, you pissed off too many pirates, these guys are now going to start attempting to kill you.
    5: mothership, a gargantuan vessel that roams sectors looking for prey, only the best ships can beat thismonster.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I find the pirates weak but there are way too many. I will be flying through space and suddenly 7 pirates will be on me, and while fighting them and traveling in different sectors more will show up untill there\'s 20 or more ships surrounding me. I made the pirates a good ship that isn\'t too easy yet also is challenging , it\'s just the amout of them that swarm you :(

Reaction score
    I notice a lot of comments on here seem to be from people who have already been playing a while, and have bigger ships, and yes, after a while the pirates are easy, but, as a brand new player on SP, it is very difficult to get the required kit to build a ship good enough to take them on when you first spawn. 25000 and a few power blocks and thrusters dont really cut the mustard. I came so close to rage quitting the whole game until someone told me about /god_mode....then, I was able to grab what I needed to make a ship that could take them on. Turrets are a must, but how many of you were able to afford the bits to build them when you first spawned?....thought so.

Give the new players a break, because the pirates are badly scaled, too hard to start, too easy later on.

My 2p

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    At least give new players 1-4 shield blocks or a jammer and 2-3 more power blocks.

Also make sure, that they always respawn with the minimum parts.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Make pirates scalable. The larger the ship you are in, the larger the pirates, or more pirates are generated.