Nerf Pirates. Please.

Reaction score
    I can't take it anymore. I have recently rediscovered starmade after about 3 months of not playing it. I try to make a new world but get destroyed shortly after by pirates. I leave to find a planet to mine on to make some cash, and get tailed by pirates. I put a couple sectors of difference between me and them, land on a desert planet to mine some cactus, and in about 10 seconds they are all over me. I can't make a good ship to battle them because the first shop never has what I need, and when I leave to find another shop, I get destroyed by pirates. I don't want to disable pirates, because I feel that is cheating, and I hate cheating. It is getting to be very frustrating, and I would really like to play without dying every 2 minutes. So please, nerf them. Thanks, Overki11.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You should really check what ships you allow for pirates. You can actually restrict blueprints. It is however a bit strange that you meet them that often. I did play quite a few games myself, on different servers and pirates are rather easy to avoid, not to mention not that overly common - and certainly, while they can tail you over long distances, you first have to get reasonably close to provoke them. Check your navigation to see what is in the sector and what to avoid and you should be fine.

I would be against nerfing pirates, given that most of the community seems to be of opinion that they\'re underperforming and when not provided with really powerful ships, are easily dispatched.

Reaction score
    pirates are rather easy to avoid, not to mention not that overly common - and certainly, while they can tail you over long distances, you first have to get reasonably close to provoke them. Check your navigation to see what is in the sector and what to avoid and you should be fine.

Pirates have a detection range of 2500 kilometers, By the time your navigation pane picks them up they\'re already in the process of hunting you down. Trying to run is equally futile unless you want to get hopelessly far from explored space.

The issue with pirates isn\'t that they have to be nerfed though, but rather that they have to scale with the player. I shouldn\'t run into a group of eight to twelve pirates if I\'m flying alone in a ship with less than a hundred mass. I want the game to give me a challenging fight, not a Kobayashi Maru.

Reaction score
    Two ways to get yourself built up before you get killed:

Make this ship: 25 power generators in a line (all touching, 1x1x25), OC cloaker, Radarjammer, a few thrusters. Use T menu to assign cloak and jam, and run around gathering resources with both on.

Go to catalog, admin and disable the isanth for enemies, then they will stop spawning (existing ones will stay).

Reaction score
    I\'d suggest putting turrets on your ship too, pirates right now core-drill, but so do your turrets.

I use a modified shuttle on the RP server I go on, and with my 4 turrets, I\'m pretty protected.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If not, go on multiplayer. There, you can usually get a decent idea of how big is big. Personally, I consider Isanths a joke, and more of an easy way to obtain resources, due to the loot that they drop upon death. If you can get a gun above 200 damage per shot, Isanths will be no issue. Just don\'t stay still.

Reaction score
    Pirates need a BUFF, not a NERF. They are nothing more than mere target practice. You aren\'t playing the game right, find a few tutorials on shipbuilding basics and turrets.

Reaction score
    Go play single-player and try to start out properly with default settings, then come back here.

EDIT: If you succeed, now imagine yourself being new to the game, then tell me how you would\'ve done.

Reaction score
    There should be some kind of scaling the longer you play..the bigger your ships are, the stronger the pirates...currently, for a start game, they are quite hard, mid game, a good fight and end-game, a joke...

Or they simply spawn more often but in smaller numbers and only follow you for a cetain amount of time

Reaction score
    First time I just acelerated away from the pirates. Still do. So no, the pirates aren\'t difficult.

Reaction score
    At the start of the game the Isanths are invincible. Took me a while to build a ship that could take even one of them on when I first started, especially since they have a habit of coming in swarms. Making the claim that they\'re not difficult and were never difficult is dick, especially when you\'re dealing with a new player.

Reaction score
    Set a constant Nav point for 2,2,2 when exploring, and fall back to it when under fire. Inside the shop radius, AI pirates won\'t recognise you, and you can fire upon them with impunity.

Reaction score
    I thought pirates were godly when I first started, but now they are just sad.

I made a better fighter for them that not only does more damage, it has much better shielding, is the same size and shape, and somehow ended up costing less!

Reaction score
    Nothing strange about the cost, the Isanth-VI has inefficient energy generators. You probably just made energy systems a lot cheaper by making them use less blocks and generate less energy (Isanth-VI doesn\'t really use all the energy it has).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    NERF PIRATES they keep killing me (I am a new player) and I cannot build powerful enough ships to kill them. They kill me within 10 seconds.

Reaction score
    The Isanth needs a rework.

Seriously all that space is going to waste. The shield count is laughable and the energy units are way too inefficient. The thrust is way too low and you can even see the core some fifty blocks way, now that isn\'t much of a good design, is it?

Maybe there could be differend designs of Isanths in different places. The farther away from spawn you get, the harder they get. Near 2,2,2 the pirate Isanths could be single roaming, weak ships that just wanter around in space. Then as you get farther out, you start to get groups, normal Isanths, then very far out there you start to get pirate fleets, battleships, battlestations, all that magical stuff that drop loot you can sell to NPC\'s for a lot of money.

Did I mention how the trading guild needs at least it\'s own hull colors, so that people with their GUI turned off can at least know what they\'re shooting at? (eh, trading guilds need bigger ships. Hauler ships, really, that carry a lot of cheap stuff in their compartments, go ahead and steal one, they\'ll shoot you)

Reaction score
    Only the most insolent ship builders could fail making a ship capable of killing the pirates.

First off, they are slow, so run if you need to.

Secondly, if they are in a swarm, you BETTER be packing turrets, or a bigass ship.

Lastly, dont expect to fight pirates with the starter gear, its possible, but unlikely to win.