Nanite Repair Emitter (NRE)

Reaction score
    We're all tired of the 'Shipdock repair dock thingy majig' with broken mechanics. I too am tired of seeing the same exact suggestion. Why not another computer module for the ships? "Nanite Repair Emitter" (NRE). Works like shields sorta for placement. Has a menu that can hold a ship blueprint (blueprint costs cash of course at a shop, maybe add a button in the catalog). Enter blueprint. Another slot to hold Nanite tubes (NT) or whatever. NTs can be crafted or bought. Each Tube holds 1 million nanites (relatively not a lot considering the size of a Nanite). Each ship block, based on type, takes a specified number of Nanites to replace. No need to dock the ship, just engage the NRE like you would any other on-board computer/weapon. It disables all weapons mounted on the ship (NOT COUNTING TURRETS, their weapons are not literally on the ship itself!) until repairs are complete or the NREs NT runs dry, in which you would replace the NT. NRE can only hold up to four NTs side by side, all other NT units must be left in storage. Placement as mentioned, same as shields, the more NREs that are parallel (touching) the faster the repairs ( will not lower the cost of repair per block).

"It's all glowy"

Critique please :)
    I haven't seen an idea like this before, direct me to it if you have thank you :3

Last edited:
    Reactions: z1967 and NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hmmm... seems like it would make the repair beam obsolete...

Reaction score
    Ships having the ability to be spawned out of thin air from shops makes repair beams obsolete. Not to say it was even that useful in the first place :|

EDIT: I have a feeling OP might get this reference

Reaction score
    Man, Eve online has repair drones with beams AND repair modules. If they can do, so can we!

Ships having the ability to be spawned out of thin air from shops makes repair beams obsolete. Not to say it was even that useful in the first place :|

EDIT: I have a feeling OP might get this reference
    Aliens man, it's the Aliens. Always the Aliens. Aliens...

Reaction score
    Would anyone know how to add a poll -after- the thread was created? I just tried to add on here and I can't find that option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Ships having the ability to be spawned out of thin air from shops makes repair beams obsolete.
    Wow, a completely outside problem not relating to this suggestion at all... really?

Man, Eve online has repair drones with beams AND repair modules. If they can do, so can we!
    Ok... they use a different system for ship health... make your idea stand.

also:

someone had to do it...

Reaction score
    Wow, a completely outside problem not relating to this suggestion at all... really?
    Repair beams are obsoleted by things that are as simple as taking out and replacing a block by right clicking. If they were revamped/buffed to make it so that you can more easily repair a ship then I and many others would use them more. Otherwise they are simply a feature and not a necessity. The NRE would simply allow you to repair whilst on the move or reduce the amount of time used to repair (it might stack with future repair beams). Seems like an OK system to me. It will be especially great for ships with an absurd amount of turrets, allowing you to repair them all without having to repair each and every single one.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is in no way OP if it would use a lot of power you can't supply in tight combat situations.

But I dislike requiring Naniites and have the ability to repair any block type without requiring this particular in your storage. Neither I like Naniites to run dry without getting damaged while they try to repair a block.

Reaction score
    Repair beams are obsoleted by things that are as simple as taking out and replacing a block by right clicking. If they were revamped/buffed to make it so that you can more easily repair a ship then I and many others would use them more. Otherwise they are simply a feature and not a necessity. The NRE would simply allow you to repair whilst on the move or reduce the amount of time used to repair (it might stack with future repair beams). Seems like an OK system to me. It will be especially great for ships with an absurd amount of turrets, allowing you to repair them all without having to repair each and every single one.
    "It will be especially great for ships with an absurd amount of turrets, allowing you to repair them all without having to repair each and every single one."

That's not what I said, it states "It disables all weapons mounted on the ship (NOT COUNTING TURRETS, their weapons are not literally on the ship itself!) until repairs are complete or the NREs NT runs dry, in which you would replace the NT. "

However what you stated reffers to the turret blocks rather than the weapons, so congrats on the workaround :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Turrets likely won't be affected by this system... Also... they will be buffed, and balanced...

Reaction score
    It is in no way OP if it would use a lot of power you can't supply in tight combat situations.

But I dislike requiring Naniites and have the ability to repair any block type without requiring this particular in your storage. Neither I like Naniites to run dry without getting damaged while they try to repair a block.
    Let's say an AMC costs 500 nanites to repair versus an hull block costing 100 nanites. It would charge you the nanites, that you have bought, stolen, or crafted, so you don't have to seek a shop or other methods of acquiring each individual block. It's still costly but it takes less time hunting materials. It would also help replace blocks that are missing in hard-to-see locations, so the ship isn't missing 1 in 10000000 AMC blocks where you cant see it. All you'd know is that the stats are changed, then you'd spend hours hunting that one empty space.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's a nice substitute for repair beams and repair docks (once we get them). But it should be well balanced, so repairing ship with NER would be more expensive than using repair beams. For example cost of nanites needed to repair completely destroyed block of AMC should be few times higher than cost of single AMC block. 5 times more or even more expensive, so it'd be used mostly when really needed or when the ship has small damages.

Reaction score
    "It will be especially great for ships with an absurd amount of turrets, allowing you to repair them all without having to repair each and every single one."

That's not what I said, it states "It disables all weapons mounted on the ship (NOT COUNTING TURRETS, their weapons are not literally on the ship itself!) until repairs are complete or the NREs NT runs dry, in which you would replace the NT. "

However what you stated refers to the turret blocks rather than the weapons, so congrats on the workaround :p
    Oops, I knew I had caused a kerfuffle after posting it. Oh well, I was thinking that you could install a mini system on each turret to keep it repaired and what not. Replace NREs as necessary. So not totally maintenance free but better than repairing each and every one. Yes turrets would be disabled, maybe a "no enemies within 2km = start repairs" type of rule to it. Just if it is automatic anyway.

Turrets likely won't be affected by this system... Also... they will be buffed, and balanced...
    I watched the live stream (well, most of it) and I do believe that they mentioned that in there. Also, threads everywhere about it :|

Reaction score
    It's a nice substitute for repair beams and repair docks (once we get them). But it should be well balanced, so repairing ship with NER would be more expensive than using repair beams. For example cost of nanites needed to repair completely destroyed block of AMC should be few times higher than cost of single AMC block. 5 times more or even more expensive, so it'd be used mostly when really needed or when the ship has small damages.
    A better take on your suggestion would not be "cost of nanites needed to repair completely destroyed block of AMC should be few times higher than cost of single AMC block" but instead raising the price of materials/nanites in the shop and crafting. A robot is highly efficient so if wouldn't take all that many nanites to repair a basic AMC. It's not how many nanites to replace a block, it's whether or not the nanite price is too high to use NRE often. I think...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It doesn't matter if the high cost of using nanites would be from it's high-end technology price or from using many nanites during the process of repairing. Imo it just should be more costly than using less convenient methods like repair drone or space dock.

Reactions: Fwyrl
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It doesn't matter if the high cost of using nanites would be from it's high-end technology price or from using many nanites during the process of repairing. Imo it just should be more costly than using less convenient methods like repair drone or space dock.
    If you can think of a way to do that without giving a reason why I should never use this system, you have me sold.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you can think of a way to do that without giving a reason why I should never use this system, you have me sold.
    -Does not require auxillary craft
    -Does not require fixed base
    -Can be active while you are flying the ship somewhere

Maybe you could load it up with cubatoms (with whatever new system they add) and then it crafts the new blocks into place.

Reaction score

Maybe you could load it up with cubatoms (with whatever new system they add) and then it crafts the new blocks into place.
    "cubatoms " If I had any idea how crafting in this game worked, I'd have worked to make this a mod instead so that the files/code is all ready for the devs if they wanted it. Sadly, this is not the case, I suck at crafting in starmade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!

I wouldn't want to move with this thing active(no weapons)
    The repair beam doesn't need a fixed base either and a fixed base could make my ship invincible