StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    AFAIK:
    Lucifer : Bringer of light
    Lumen : Light
    Illuminate, Luna, ... everything has to do with light.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Where is the image of the ores Calbiri promise?

I still don't like the realistic names or the sci-fi already used. Still hope to see nice names that go well with the new ores

Reactions: Omni

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Alphagen
    Betagen
    Crystalogen
    Deltagen
    Gammagen
    :D

Reaction score
    Ore:
    Green: Cooperous Argyllite
    Red:

Crystal:
    Black: Carbic Tachtite

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Where is the image of the ores Calbiri promise?

I still don't like the realistic names or the sci-fi already used. Still hope to see nice names that go well with the new ores
    Agreed. Anything too realistic doesn't fit with the fictional physics and universe in StarMade and implies things that may or may not be true, (naming red Iron implies red is used for things like hull, which is limiting to us as developers or confusing to players) while naming them anything derivative of other sci-fi is unoriginal and possibly an issue with intellectual property and naming them after people, places or extremely arbitrary/unrelated concepts is awkward and feels silly.

I'd like nice, original names that fit with the StarMade universe and lore, fit with where the ores/crystals will be found and fit with the emotions or concepts associated with the related colors. Don't want them too obvious or realistic, but don't want them weird, random or derivative. I generally lean towards simple over complex. (Because who is going to name red ore Shiftaredaferroazinetine? People name things based on what they are, like the last name Smith being given to a person who was a smith. Simple, logical. I mentioned this concept/analogy about simplicity of names in another thread.)

Reaction score
    Let me give it a try..

They are Pseudo fictional
    i used real and fantasy naming to bring up these names
    and i dislike all the IUMS behind names for we bearly use those IRL to name something among common ppl, but that is personal

Crystal
    1. White - Parsen crystal
    2. Black - Nocx crystal
    3. Purple - Rammet crystal
    4. Blue - Vartte crystal
    5. Green - Bastyn crystal
    6. Yellow - Hallyt crystal
    7. Orange - Sintyr crystal
    8. Red - Matties crystal
    Ore
    1. White - Parstun ore
    2. Black - Nacht ore
    3. Purple - Sertires ore
    4. Blue - Hift ore
    5. Green - Fertikite ore
    6. Yellow - Threns ore
    7. Orange - Jisper ore
    8. Red - Zerconor ore

This is what i came up with
    Names should he recognizable and straight forward easy to memmorise and if 50% end with IUM ppl will go nuts,
    we bearly use those IRL to name something among common ppl, but that is personal

Reactions: FunnyBunny14

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I hate the issues with intellectual property...

AFAIK the patent law was a try to give peoples with low money the chance to get money from their ideas if they are good ones by disallowing the use by big companies.
    Now it is miss-used to​
        • stop competitors from gaining money
        • allow big companies to sell low-tech stuff before the step to one tech level higher
          • giving big companies effectively a tax income
        • make everybody have to ask if his stuff is in conflict which is not very helpful

And who knows if we don't interfere with any intellectual property calling something Lunanite, Lunarium or Parsen?
    Where is the limit of things that can be claimed as intellectual property? The word "walk" cant't, but "Naquadah" can?

It would be a lot easier to choose nice looking / recognizable names if we know about which name-space is safe.

Reaction score
    Most likely Professionals as these game designers wil Google each of the entries for plausebility and content.

But thats up to Cal & Co to decide :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.