Multiplayer Balance: Credit Problem as of last patch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the recent patch that added in playershops, all the non-player shops that you've all seen around now happen to have a limited credit pool to buy/sell items. This change has made things EXTREMELY unbalanced in the sense that there is little new credits to ever be added back into the economy.

The result of this is that buying from the catalog is hardly an option unless you've managed to stockpile credits to the credit cap in the previous patch and even then you'll run out of money. With this new system the only extra credits people will be acquiring would be new players who spawn with a negligible amount, shops occasionally restocking (how much they restock I do not know.), or just admins manually respawning credits in.

My proposed solutions would be to either change AI shops so that they could have an infinite supply of credits such as was the case before, or a more drastic approach of re-doing the entire catalog system so you buy ships with the blocks they're made out of, rather than credits themselves.

If there's anything I'm missing about how the system works, or if I'm blatantly wrong about it please let me know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yup giving shop infinite amount of credits will do the job.

And about re-doing catalog system i don´t know man beacuse it can be near imposibble to get all the resources for some weird *** ships in your backpack at one time.

Reaction score
    The issue is with massive ships is that there could be more types of blocks then what you could hold in your inventory. I\'m pretty sure that the suggestions to make the blueprint sytem use that method is already old news and already said wouldn\'t be implemented.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well the idea I had in mind would be to potentially create some sort of blueprint block that connects to plexstorages, where you can just hook them up to the blueprint block and it\'ll output the blueprint you want. Sounds difficult to implement so chances are it\'d be easier to just give shops infinite money once again.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I think there needs to be a way for people to set the credit limits in the server config. I\'ve seen it mentioned that the shop in 2,2,2 should have a larger bank of credits.

I also think that shops should have higher inventory numbers. Instead of having to fly around to 20 shops to get a measley few hundred hull, you should be able to buy them all in one place.

And the NPC traders that fly around should be doing more trades. I\'ve only one seen a sizable fleet of them flying around.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll put in a limit and a regeneration value for servers (atm it\'s 10000 every ~10 min)

in the server.cfg

Reaction score
    The shops regenerating credits on their own is a great idea. In fact I\'d like to ask that you be able to set how much the shops regenerate per minute in server.cfg.