Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hello everyone,

Welcome to my shipyard! Here I will be posting my current work in progress builds along with sneak peeks of future builds and what you guys think of them.

Little about myself, I started playing Starmade roughly early 2013 and was playing on and off. I really enjoyed just relaxing and building random stuffz.

I first started off with this

starmade-screenshot-0029.png

Next I thought I would really step it up, by making the largest ship I created to date. ( This was a old blueprint for this ship but the only blueprint I have left of this older ship )
    starmade-screenshot-0026.png

Each armor plate was a different ship when that was good in the day.
    starmade-screenshot-0027.png

Even the core room had 3 ships permadocked to 1. Give extra protection 2. Give a almost ECM effect as it would of disrupted missile locks.
    starmade-screenshot-0034.png

I lost a lot of my random projects from then to almost now but non was finished.

My last project before my current project was a drone battlecarrier build.
    starmade-screenshot-0021.png

It featured a stacked drone hanger of a total of 16 drones along with defense weapon, shuttlehanger, escape pods, chaindrive and a large amount of interior.
    starmade-screenshot-0022.png

With everyone press of the
    launch drones button I this would fire off the first 8 drones and move the drones up a rack.
    starmade-screenshot-0023.png

starmade-gif-0001 (1).gif

It even has a virtual reality room!
    starmade-screenshot-0024.png

All my ships until the current project were alien looking covenant ships meant to be very technological but non were officially finished.

I was getting tired of never completing projects so I wanted to start something and stick to it. I also wanted to change my designs up and something about industrial sounded fun. That's when I started working on my current project last year.

The Miner Coalition.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Miner Coalition

The Miner Coalition lore was that they first started small by first launching probes to space and later on started orbital construction. Their ships are made to be sturdy to handle the harsh environment of their home system and is made very crudely.

With the first warp drives they sent expeditions to nearby systems in search of new resources.
    starmade-screenshot-0019.png

Soon they expanded their territory and started building Outposts in the outer regions on their territory and colonization efforts were made to populate these new systems.
    starmade-screenshot-0017.png

But such commotion is bound to get you noticed, a large pirate faction began attacking these new regions and pushed the MC back. Further and further they got pushed back from relentless attacks, the MC situation was dire. Soon the different parties within the MC combined their efforts to protect the home system. Many of the vessles within the MC were not intended for combat but were converted into warships. After countless loses the MC have finally developed enough not only to protect their home system but begin pushing out to previous territories once owned by the MC.

Now is the time for the Miner Coalition to take back what was once theirs.
    Muffin_man.gif

End of Transmission

All the editing for the pictures above I give credit to my friend who is a 3D Game Artist. *Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Schine*

This is my current NPC Faction I am currently working on. I wanted their story to tie in a bit to the Starmade's default faction with them being attacked by the Scavengers. I tried to make comparable sized ships from what is currently made for the default factions along with a comparable simple name ( Miners ). This has been a project I've been really hard to complete for once and had a lot of fun with playing with shapes and wedges. Something about a heavy industrial look is very satisfying to me.

I still feel like I have a lot of room for improvements. I feel like I'm not bad with detail work but could still work on my logic setups along with becoming more efficient with the building tools ( Currently over 1000 hours logged on this project alone.. ) and help me speed up my building.

Currently the small sized ships are finished for this NPC pack and been working on stations.
    [doublepost=1542176138,1542174105][/doublepost]Here is my station for the MC that is still a WIP. This is my very first space station and pretty happy at where it is at atm.

starmade-screenshot-0039.png
    External 1

starmade-screenshot-0040.png
    External 2

starmade-screenshot-0042.png
    Station Bazaar

starmade-screenshot-0043.png
    Main Lobby

I'm trying to choose if this should be a MC Outpost or MC Shopping station. Most of the interior is finished, all that's left is logic for the elevators, permission blocks and display text.

This was originally was going to be a Outpost but it grew in size as most of my builds do and became what it is currently.

What kind of station do you guys think this should be?

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Very nice station... I specially liked the Lobby.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello everyone,

Been busy with life stuff lately but thought I would post a update on what I've been working on.

Been working on station concepts and what started as a prototype lead into full blown station builds.

starmade-screenshot-0067.png
    This is a fuel refinery/rest-stop outpost station, contains a USD port on each corner along with a stop and go hanger. There is also ship repair scaffolding below.

starmade-screenshot-0069.png
    A screenshot of the refinery work floor with cat-walks over the main work floor.

starmade-screenshot-0068.png
    The other station is a Comm-relay outpost station which I designed to be that smallest station for the NPC faction. There is a single USD port on the far side and two ports for escape pods.

That's what I got so far, holding off on finishing the previous shopping station to make small edits so all stations keep a general consistency. As always feel free to leave any opinions on the style of the stations.

Have a great weekend everyone!

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    I find really incredible how your art style is consistent between all your creations.(y) Having your own distinctive "signature" is what I believe that set apart the good builder from the average player, which I believe I find myself ATM. After these couple of builds that I have in progress I will try to focus on achieving my own style, like you have done :).

Reaction score
    Your designs are amazing!
    I agree that the uniform design of the Miner's Faction is great, but I'm just blown away by the drone ship. Logic intimidates me so much but I'm trying to learn..

Also finishing ships is very hard for me as well, but now that I'm learning to use symmetry and copy/paste it will hopefully go a lot faster.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I find really incredible how your art style is consistent between all your creations.(y) Having your own distinctive "signature" is what I believe that set apart the good builder from the average player, which I believe I find myself ATM. After these couple of builds that I have in progress I will try to focus on achieving my own style, like you have done :).
    Glad you appreciate my build style! I was trying to go with a design that work well with the current default factions. Thanks for this comment, really helps motivate me to finish this faction. Cant wait to see what style you come up with, I'll keep an eye out on you're shipyard thread!

Your designs are amazing!
    I agree that the uniform design of the Miner's Faction is great, but I'm just blown away by the drone ship. Logic intimidates me so much but I'm trying to learn..

Also finishing ships is very hard for me as well, but now that I'm learning to use symmetry and copy/paste it will hopefully go a lot faster.
    Thanks for the compliment! Your comment had me thinking about uploading my purple drone battlecruiser for others to modify or check out how the logic works. Although I wouldn't consider my logic work the most efficient. I find the symmetry and copy past tools essential to cut down on time building but I still try to do the most I can manually towards the last detail stage on my builds.
    [doublepost=1545546406,1545544034][/doublepost]Hey guys,

I know I've kinda went dark for awhile so I wanted to make this post full of content that I've been working on and future projects to come.

The current 3 stations I posted about in earlier posts now have most of their exterior detail touched up on with most on the interiors decorated but all still need small touch ups though. I plan to upload these stations later on but relatively close to each other, just want to make sure every station has a close style on release. Here's what I got:

MC Refinery/Rest Stop Outpost Station (Name WIP)
    starmade-screenshot-0074.png
    Touched up on the exterior and interior although the top still needs some work. I did however add a small shipyard on the bottom but quick repairs at this station if you have good standings with the faction.

starmade-screenshot-0075.png
    This is the interior of the small shipyard underneath the station.

MC Com-Relay Outpost Station
    starmade-screenshot-0076.png
    The Relay station has had a lot more done since last post. A lot more touch up on exterior and interior is about done. Not sure if the grey randomized details on top will stay or be changed. Some spinning dishes will be added later on.

starmade-screenshot-0077.png
    Removed the location for dual escape pods for a small hanger for shuttle sized craft.

MC Factory Station
    starmade-screenshot-0078.png

Got enough of the station done to feel comfortable to preview. The Factory consists of a Internal hanger ( Left Side ) for shuttle sized craft. On the opposite side a refuel segment while also containing a USD for larger vessels. The mid portion is the factory itself with the 3 segments sticking out as storage units.

starmade-screenshot-0079.png
    On the opposite side of the factory is a unloading area for the current MC Freighters and will serve as the dedicated docking for NPCs to unload/load cargo. You can see a freighter currently within the unloading area for scale. There will also be cranes which move up and down the yellow girders.

starmade-screenshot-0080.png
    A better screenshot of the refueling segment which will have a USD for larger vessels to dock.

starmade-screenshot-0081.png
    Interior view of the main factory floor. I wanted the feeling of a very busy factory floor, later on I will setup logic to have moving components on the factories themselves along with lava buckets being moved on the yellow girders above.

starmade-screenshot-0082.png
    Another angle of the factory floor. Need to go back and retouch on details for each factory but it's a start.

So this is my progress so far on the current 4 stations I have. I did not make any new changes on the MC Shop Station so I did not include screenshots. Will post more screenshots in the future as I gain progress on the current 4 stations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As I get close to finishing the base level of the MC faction I like to go over where/how the designs are thought of and created.

This is my Master pallet, where all ship/station concepts for started: *Note: my original pallet from awhile back was lost due to poor file organization on my part but this still covers a large portion of my projects for the MC

starmade-screenshot-0083.png
    The scale these ships/stations follow is 1x10

In the next screenshots I will preview my upcoming projects for the faction that I approved for larger scale building after my current stations are finished. Everything below is still acceptable to changes.

MC Trade Station ( 1x10 Scale )
    starmade-screenshot-0084.png
    This station concept will become the MC trade station or Headquarters for the NPC faction.

In the front ( Current View ) there will be 3 large docking areas for the current larger small class ships.

starmade-screenshot-0085.png
    There will be two internal docking areas for ships. The hangers will be larger then the other stations to allow larger craft then just shuttles to dock.

starmade-screenshot-0086.png
    At the rear ( Current view ) of the station there will be a medium size shipyard capable of building all but the largest MC small class vessels. To the right of the shipyard will be a large tank array for fuel/water/oxygen and the likes. May edit the tank array portion to allow USDs for ships to large to dock within the larger docking ports at the front. I did not want this station to be capable of producing the largest MC small class vessels to give meaning to the MC small shipyard station in the future. This station's interior will resemble a small city similar to what you see in the show The Expanse.

160126_NorthFront_MidTownCeres_Concept_B_v5.jpg

I do plan on creating a station for each of the current station types in game but waiting until the other station types are properly implemented into Starmade. So for the time-being will finish the current stations and wait until further development is made to the current NPC faction AI.

Now I heard from a few people asking for the medium class ships of the MC. Currently I have 2 approved designs that you can expect to see in the future. These are still very WIP and may or may not be moved to even larger class of ships.

starmade-screenshot-0087.png
    ( Front View )

I really like the looks of this ship looks like a scaled up version of my Defiance class vessel but still has features of it's own. The grey slab in the front will be the ship's main weapon. The grey slab blocks on top of the ship will be the command bridge. This ship is intended to be a cruiser class vessel.

starmade-screenshot-0089.png
    ( Bottom View )

This view gives you a better look at the armor slabs that will extend from the ship itself.

starmade-screenshot-0088.png
    ( Rear View )

A view of the engines, still need to do some work on those.. a hanger will be formed for smaller shuttle craft to the right of the engines.

The next ship will fill a pocket battleship role intended as a fleet multiplier with a large amount of turrets and strong armor/shields to allow the vessel to lead head first into fleet engagements. This vessel will be on the larger side of the Medium ship spectrum.

starmade-screenshot-0090.png ( Front View )

The vessel will not have any primary weapon, rather it will be fitted with a large amount of turrets meant to pollute a large amount of firepower at all angles on the battlefield. The grey indents represent the turret hardpoints with the larger indents for medium/large turrets and the smaller indents above for anti-fighter/AMS turrets already built. There will be a total of 16 Medium/large turrets (top and bottom) and 24 defense turrets (top and bottom).

The grey slabs on the top-middle-front of the ship will be the command bridge.

I'm still not sure how starmade handles with a ship with a lot of turrets yet so would love to hear from you guys on your experiences with ships with lots of turrets and how Starmade performed. My worry is creating a lag monster and NPC's in the future going ham on producing these.

The very front portion will be a larger hanger for shuttle craft and some larger craft.

starmade-screenshot-0091.png
    ( Rear View )

Well that's all I got to show you guys for now. Let me know what you guys think of the MC trade station and the current MC Medium ship concepts and if any of my concepts catch your eye on my master pallet let me know and I can take more screenshots and go over some details/ thoughts for that concept.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Are these vessels going to be the first ones designed from the roots specifically for combat in your Miner's lore?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are these vessels going to be the first ones designed from the roots specifically for combat in your Miner's lore?
    For the first concept ship yes, it will be a ship intended with combat in mind within the MC lore as a defense cruiser. For the second concept ship meant to be a pocket battleship no. It's intended purpose was a passenger liner but converted into a pocket battleship due to its thick hull and large capacity to fit and field larger turrets.