[Mothership] Project Dervish - WIP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The purple things are power. They don\'t normally look like that.

You can see what I mean by the power core efficiency thing, by watching videos like this oe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl4oQlQCvCk

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I do understand about the efficiency, I just don\'t know what happens after 1mil nor what is considered a \"normal\" generator. I see what you did with the web-like system, that\'s a really good idea!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A-a-are you god?

Also, I\'ve been meaning to ask, to make these huuuge projects, do you do them by hand or do you have a tool?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure what \"tool\" you are referring to?

I wish there were some more building tools, like:

- Circle brush

- Sphere brush

- Extrude brush/tool

- Flood-fill

Would make life a bit easier.

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those tools could actually be very useful someone should suggest that feature!

Reaction score
    I reccommended a feature kinda like that and someone replied by saying what we need is starmade version of both world edit and mc edit. i agree 100%

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Due to life commitments and other interests, I haven\'t finished Messoris yet.

I will be looking at getting back in to it this week, along with finishing the t000.png from my texture pack.

Sorry to keep you all waiting ;)

~TheSol

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really like this. Not for the size but for the organic style. It is easy to build huge bricks and add details till they look interesting; what you are doing is art on a huge scale.

Also very impressed by the web reactor. I am fairly new but I\'ve heard lots of smaller ones are more efficient? It won\'t look as interesting on my ship but may try spreading them over the inside like that. Of course a copy/paste feature would be amazing for that lol.

Keep this up, I hope you make a battle video once it is done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The web design reactor is my attempt at building a redundant system, once the inevitable holes appear in the hull from battle. If one portion is severed, it will still produce my minimum 1m regen per second of power until terminal damage is sustained.

I also have other \"standard\" reactors, and \"bricks\" to bolster the power, as well as huge battary (tank) arrays scattered through-out the ship... and connected together with \"wires\".

Because I am trying to maintain some aestetic value of the design, I will not be filling evey last spare air block with a sub system... so it will not necessarily be as efficient as it could be, but it should still pack a punch while doing it in style.

I wouldn\'t expect to be finished any time super soon either... doing this solo has proven to be a lot more work than originally intended.

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a small break from building the ship, since it was becoming a little overwhelming.

I decided to build a \"Starmade\" version of the HK from Terminator Salvation.

Here is a screenshot:

Stats are roughly:

Dimensions 80x25x35

2400 thrust to 1600 mass

250k power regen

500k power storage

180k shields

Armed with 3 AMC front mounted cannons, dealing roughly 300dmg each (fires very fast... unsure of exact dps but, roughly 10k or so?)

Armed with 4 SDKB Heat seekers, fires very fast missles, 10 second reload time, makes big holes in stuff.

Could be fun to give to the pirates, or use as base defense drones.

Blueprint: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/604141/6%20-%20SAVE%20GAMES/starmade/blueprints/SMHK-Mk1.rar

Will be adding some small turrents, and refining a few areas of the design for the Mk2 release.

Enjoy!

~TheSol

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ah that is sick! Most of it is spot on, and I actualy like your oval/squarish engines better than entirely round ones.

Also, are the \'wires\' just for looks or is there some aspect of the game mechanics I\'ve totally missed.

Reaction score
    This blows everything out of the water! Noting can defeat this, unless i make a nuke-ship that drives directley inside of it and goes off... If you need any help testing, I can do it My biggest problem with massive ships is that they are sitting ducks. You need turrets, small docking ships that can fly around it, and some honking large missles.... Just make sure that the server has enemy spawning with your ship disabled... that would stink.

Reaction score
    This ship is just ... (speechless).

This makes me want to redo all of my ships, they are like little dwarfs compared to this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have 5 turrets, that are about 30k mass each on there now...

Adding smaller ones, once I find my ship. Server glitched and my ship vanished. Waiting for an admin to come on and help me find it.

~TheSol