Mostly Dark Universe

Reaction score
    i just went to check out the server but it doesn't show up in the online servers on the launcher,is the server down?
    Yup. Has been for a few hours now I'm afraid. He tends to get it reset sometime around...I'm going to guess 6am-ish EST? and it tends to last until maybe 3-4. Any particularly heavy player load seems to send it directly into the sink right now. (Or just one player doing something wrong, at that.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Server restarts automatically @ 4 a.m. EST, and I've briefed Bondzillha on how to do a manual restart if things get out of hand. However, it's become apparent to the both of us that we should consider adding a new admin to cover the time when neither of us are able to get online. We'll decide on a few potential users, then decide who's best suited for the job.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Zaphord :went on to your server last night , I like, it's kind of frontier like. Couple things I noticed is the stations sometimes don't show correctly on the map(fly to a neutral station and it turns out to be a pirate station and you get jumped on by raiders :eek: , not good in a starting miner). Also when me and my son were there we met another new player and it was a little confusing standing around chatting in the hub as we didn't know who was who,can different custom skins be imported? I'm being kind of long winded here but I was also wondering if there are any shipyard stations here or they all the default stations? ( if you want to discuss maybe adding customs feel free to pm me,i think a good Canadian server is just what was needed on sm) thank you for your time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Zaphord :went on to your server last night , I like, it's kind of frontier like. Couple things I noticed is the stations sometimes don't show correctly on the map(fly to a neutral station and it turns out to be a pirate station and you get jumped on by raiders :eek: , not good in a starting miner). Also when me and my son were there we met another new player and it was a little confusing standing around chatting in the hub as we didn't know who was who,can different custom skins be imported? I'm being kind of long winded here but I was also wondering if there are any shipyard stations here or they all the default stations? ( if you want to discuss maybe adding customs feel free to pm me,i think a good Canadian server is just what was needed on sm) thank you for your time.
    Custom skins are more than welcome, I'm rocking my own company space suit with a likeness of my SMD avatar for a head. Just don't go overboard, pick a skin you like and stick with it. Don't upload a skin everyday you login just so you can wear it that day. Other clients download these automatically (first time only) in game in order for other players to see them, so it creates a bit of a wait before they can start playing.

As for shipyards; there are two that I know of, one a Paseudao Point Depot (PMC Headquarters) and the other belonging to Durendal. You're more than welcome to use our facilities, just follow the warp gates that lead to our depot ( courtesy of Durendal.)

You'll only find the default stations usually, unless you're visiting a player's station. The reason for that is that I'm trying to let the server grow and develop with as little admin interaction (gameplay-wise) as possible. Remember that "frontier" feel you mentioned? It feels that way because the players make it that way, and each controlled system is unique because of it. Do feel free to co out and claim an open system, and send us an alliance invite, join our trade hub, play the way you want to. See you online.

Zaphord

Reaction score
    did the server just crash?me and my dad(tmc/fma)were playing and BOOT,we gone,wish we could import our own blueprints this takes forever.ps dad says thanks for the reply we'll see you on server sometime.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    did the server just crash?me and my dad(tmc/fma)were playing and BOOT,we gone,wish we could import our own blueprints this takes forever.ps dad says thanks for the reply we'll see you on server sometime.
    I was just on a few minutes ago, it was working fine. You might have lost connection on your end, or it could've been the auto restart (4 a.m. EST), not sure what timezone you're in though.

As for blueprints, same deal as the stations. Keeps the server more organic and frontier like. If you're finding it hard to get started, talk to some of the other players, they might lend you a hand.

Hell, I'll give you guys one of mine. That should get you started.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    thank you for the reply Zaphord, we found a derelict station to set up on and start production.I guess we were being lazy wanting our sp bp's,but hey we'll remake em better here:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hi Zaphord,

The server appears to have crashed, is there any chance you can restart it please?

Thank you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    NEW DOGFIGHT EVENT!

We're starting a new Dogfight event, which we hope to make a regular (monthly?) event if it gains enough traction. The event would take place the first Saturday of every month, so if you'd like to participate you have until Sept 2, 2016 to get your submission in.
    Here are the rules;
    1. Ships are all to be fighter sized; 40m or less in any direction, and 400 mass maximum.
    2. Systems, weapons, armor, power, and shields are limited only by the size and mass restrictions. Jump drives are not allowed.
    3. Blueprints for submissions will be reviewed by the admins to ensure they fall within the size/mass restrictions, and to ensure that they won't cause any lag or significant drops in FPS.
    4. Battles will be fought 1 on 1, within the event's star system, and with a 20 minute time limit. The fighter who overheats his opponent first, or has the most HP at the end of the time limit will be declared the winner.
    5. Ships damaged or lost in these battles will be restored by the admins after each battle, so keep your blueprints up to date.
    6. The event will follow a standard tournament ladder, with players being randomly paired off against each other. The winner of each battle progresses up the ladder until there are only 2 left. Should there be an odd number of participants, the "odd one out" will face off against an AI controlled fighter of the admin's choosing. Winning that battle will move them up the ladder.
    7. Breaking a rule, such as; leaving the system boundaries, will result in a foul. 3 fouls results in disqualification.
    8. Players can submit 1 fighter each. In the event of players wanting to join as a faction or team, then they will fight as a squadron against other teams. If there are enough teams to form a team ladder, then they will follow the same rules as the solo ladder.

We hope to see plenty of submissions from everyone. Remember, the event takes place on Saturday Sept 3, so have your submissions in for review the day before (Sept 2nd). Post your username or your team name /w list of members here.

Reactions: terra mining corp.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    count me in, can these be from my single player or do they need to be from mdu?
    Preferably from MDU.

You have a month to build and tweak your fighter before the deadline. The esiest way would be to design it in a shipyard, and I can admin spawn it for you when you feel you're ready. This is if you feel resources will be a problem in building your fighter. Of course, you'll get to keep the completed fighter after the competition wether you win or lose, and should you win then you'll have a cool 1 million credits to your name to boot. Maybe more depending on how many participants sign up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ugh. Server's been down pretty much everytime I try to log on. Gameservers has failed me, big time. In the process of migrating back to TheSmelter.com. I'll try to keep everyone up to speed, keep watching this thread for details.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ugh. Server's been down pretty much everytime I try to log on. Gameservers has failed me, big time. In the process of migrating back to TheSmelter.com. I'll try to keep everyone up to speed, keep watching this thread for details.
    Well, whatever was causing problems must have been fixed by Gameservers. We're running relatively smoothly now, which means I don't have to move back to TheSmelter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    tried going on server last night, played for 5 min then she crashed HARD, it didn't even show on the server selections after. I hope this gets rectified soon I'm running out of time to make a fighter on server.:eek: